brother_b Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 (edited) I watched some stuff on YouTube, I’m very interested in the claims that there’s single coverage for paint like the white bright, yellow bright, green, etc. If so, I will pick those up for that reason alone. All of the other paints? I don’t know not sure. Edited September 19 by brother_b Lathe Biosas 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188013 Share on other sites More sharing options...
sitnam Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 7 hours ago, Wordy said: , I’d be surprised if almost everyone who sticks with the hobby ends up using one. I don't. I probably should, but I've been in the hobby long enough not using one and I hate adding more stuff to clutter my office that isn't minis, so I've gone without. I use a silicon pop-it strip as my pallete 1 hour ago, MoriyaSchism said: Damn, this sold me on two paints already. I don't have to mix to get these shades anymore. The Turquoise right below the one on the left (Seraphon blue 4?) looks perfect for my Sisters of Battle Casual Heresy, Gamiel, ZeroWolf and 1 other 1 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188021 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Inquisitor_Lensoven Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 Shalaxi violet is just straight up blue. None of those shades are even close to violet On 9/18/2026 at 12:43 PM, Corswain said: Hmmm. Not sure we needed another paint range and I'm not sure what it's offering that the current one doesn't. The stream already said what the new paints offer Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188023 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vassakov Posted September 19 Author Share Posted September 19 2 hours ago, Sabadin said: That's one thing I don't anticipate them ever releasing. There's no way shareholders are going to agree to releasing a product that directly reduces the frequency of purchasing other products. You... you think shareholders are consulted on what the studio works on? Mechanicus Tech-Support and Cactus 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188027 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Marshal Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 (edited) I think a GW wet palette makes a lot of sense for them to sell even from a deeply cynical POV. It's one of those items which has become increasingly popular and selling their own helps reduce the odds of Lil Timmy discovering paint supplies beyond GW. More importantly the sheets and foam are inevitably something that will need replacing (even the Redgrass 2.0 ones won't last forever). I did notice the influencers on the Ninjon video had wet palettes around their tables and with the event apparently having a lot of secrecy around it I doubt they brought their own, which makes me wonder if they do have one coming soon-ish. Edited September 19 by Lord Marshal Antarius 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188036 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jukkiz Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 2 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said: I think a GW wet palette makes a lot of sense from a cynical perspective because it's one of those items which has become increasingly popular, but more importantly the sheets and foam are inevitably something that will need replacing (even the Redgrass 2.0 ones won't last forever). It would be great incentive for GW to make paint pots even smaller or ask 15dollaroos for 3 sheets of paper Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188040 Share on other sites More sharing options...
FormelyKnownAsSmashyPants Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 (edited) 13 hours ago, DarkMark said: Very much this. Off the top of my head the only YouTube painter that I expect to give an actually honest review is Vince Venturella. The rest will just be reading from their WarhammerTM sponsored cue cards. Juan Hidalgo may or may not. He’s in bed with Vallejo, he may even end up going the other way and giving them an unwarranted bum review. Uncle Atom is in bed with Army Painter, but I think I can trust him. Edited September 19 by FormelyKnownAsSmashyPants Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188044 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joe Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 I said it elsewhere - but Green Morkshroom is the perfect colour range for the more sea-green Sons of Horus colour plates. Definitely going to be trying this one out. WrathOfTheLion, Ramell, BadgersinHills and 3 others 3 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188054 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Marshal Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 (edited) Erik Swinson and Albert Moreto Font talking about them and demonstrating with yellow over black at around 13 minutes. 44 minutes for the white. 54 for a red. Ironically they talk about how the opacity makes them difficult to glaze with, though that's what the Blending Medium(tm?) is for. Much like with the Army Painter triads, it seems there's some steps which are so small of a step up you can probably go 5 to 3 to 1 with some of them. And another Warhipster vid (timestamped past the wined and dined waffle) Edited September 19 by Lord Marshal Gamiel and Oxydo 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188094 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Oxydo Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 (edited) This is straight up witchcraft. Edited September 19 by Oxydo Lord Marshal 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188133 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hfran Morkai Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 35 minutes ago, Oxydo said: This is straight up witchcraft. Don't tell the Black Templars. I'm definitely interested in having a play, some of the colours may well be useful for me. Zoatibix and Dark Shepherd 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188140 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kurgan the Lurker Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 Gamiel 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188144 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mmmmm Napalm Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 if it genuinely is just an additional range that's cool, but if they are going to eventually phase out the main line then that's going to be a headache. that said I do like the 1-5 system, it's very intuitive. I will probably pick up some of the reds, and a golden yellow mid-tone. sitnam 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188146 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alby the Slayer Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 If I can I will try some of this for sure. I really like how they divide every colour. But there is no excuse to still use this awful type of bottle. Not at all. They are so impractical. And I bought a lot of GW paints for almost 30 years now, I think every kind of their bottles. This was the perfect time to reveal something new and innovate, for them at least. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188166 Share on other sites More sharing options...
DarkMark Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 It was quite clear, from the video above, that once the paint had dried they were not 1 and done. Also interesting that there is a slight satin finish. I'd like too see how well the paint thins with water. If there's a need to use a lot of medium then that's going to significantly increase the cost. The yellows, pinks, and not Sons of Horus will be first tries. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188179 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Waaagh? Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 For anyone interested in trying these, stores will have a demo set on their tables from next Saturday. Gamiel, Evil Eye and Karhedron 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188221 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 On 9/19/2026 at 3:44 PM, brother_b said: I’m very interested in the claims that there’s single coverage for paint like the white bright, yellow bright, green, etc. Same here, I have yet to find a yellow with half-decent coverage. Anything less than a perfect white undercoat shows right through the yellow. brother_b 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188305 Share on other sites More sharing options...
appiah4 Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 4 minutes ago, Karhedron said: Same here, I have yet to find a yellow with half-decent coverage. Anything less than a perfect white undercoat shows right through the yellow. That's because it's yellow. It's supposed to do that. Even bismuth yellow will only cover so much. It's the way yellow pigments work, and nothing in the world will change that. Spazmolytic 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188306 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kurgan the Lurker Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 (edited) https://www.fauxhammer.com/reviews/paints/ultimate-guide-warhammer-tone-pro/?utm_source=ig&utm_medium=social&utm_content=link_in_bio&fbclid=PAcGRvZgJleHRuA2FlbQIxMQBzcnRjBmFwcF9pZA81NjcwNjczNDMzNTI0MjcAAad2jDjWx5bsnCNERJM7NW1fV3jcLtLT2AfOSuQ5vyIePk_9JsokloVZTeYi7g_aem_SRmYWr8-yW5ucdSW8GSe1A Edited September 21 by Kurgan the Lurker Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188426 Share on other sites More sharing options...
sarabando Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 i will pick up a couple to try out as i usually do for each range (gotta keep the content machine chugging along) but il be honest unless they are life changing i doubt there will be any serious investment on my behalf. il be interested to see how they shoot through an airbrush. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188427 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Magos Takatus Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 No way they made a paint called Ta'Unar Ochre... I bet most Tau collectors have never heard of a Ta'Unar and I bet less than 1 in 1000 Tau armies would have one. You might as well have Chinork Warcopter Red at that point. Sassy remark aside, I'm curious about this paint range. I'm not happy about the continued use of those pots, I'd rather they put them in pretty much anything else (apart from screw-top bolter pots, Omnissiah protect me!). However, the one part that has me interested is the remark Ninjon made about them not drying on the tip of his brushes when used. If that is actually true and not marketing bluster I might ignore 90% of this range to concentrate on the lightest in each group (Pentad? Quintad?) so that I can edge highlight models without having to spend more time picking balls of dry paint off the tips of my brushes than actually painting. As for that use case, I'll be sticking with paints in dropper bottles for the darker and mid-tones because my tendency to airbrush my undercoats and basecoats would make these paints a hassle for me. Despite my tone sounding a bit grumpy upon re-reading my post I am cautiously optimistic with some restrictions in place. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188434 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Marshal Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 (edited) Not bad: Edited September 21 by Lord Marshal Gamiel 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188504 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 Painting black over yellow is easy. I want to see the yellow painted over black! That will be the real demonstration of coverage. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188516 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tastyfish Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 (edited) 1 hour ago, Karhedron said: Painting black over yellow is easy. I want to see the yellow painted over black! That will be the real demonstration of coverage. 10:40 in the video that Kurgan posted above, the Erik Swinson & Albert Moreto Font one. Painting yellow directly to a black primed marine. Direct time link below, hopefully. Spoiler Edited September 21 by Tastyfish brother_b, Karhedron, Dark Shepherd and 1 other 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188527 Share on other sites More sharing options...
WrathOfTheLion Posted September 22 Share Posted September 22 I'll probably pick some up and try them, they look interesting. If they behave sufficiently different, then I figure we'll see some different uses for them than we'd expect, just like what happened with contrast paints. Which did what they were supposed to quite well, but also had quite a few other creative uses to them. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388536-warhammer-tone-pro-paints-drybrushes/page/3/#findComment-6188532 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now