Grotsmasha Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 (edited) B&C-26 The Inner Circle Presents: +++WAAAGH! 2026+++ INTRODUCTIONThis is a painting event designed to boost the Orky presence in the B&C, giving the Greenskin community an event to call their own! However, the event is not designed only for the hardcore Ork players but to all of us that have even a fleeting interest in the fantastic Ork range Who knows, this event may become the foundation of a mighty Waaagh! in the months and years to come.Joining the Waaagh!The “Waaagh!” event is meant to drive people to paint game-legal Ork units that could be additions to a pre-existing force or a Kill-Team force or even the foundations of a new army. Of course, if people want to go crazy and build Ghazghul’s Great Waaagh! down to the last Grot, I will not be the one to stop them!So, the challenge is to paint at least one game-legal Ork unit in Orktober. If you manage to do so, then you’ll receive the appropriate badge and you may carry it with pride in your signature! If you complete more than one unit then greater recognitions will be bestowed upon you!DURATION:Start date: October 1st, 2026End date: October 31st, 2026 (all day for all time-zones)Participants may enter at any time - there is no cut-off date to get in. The deadline is immovable though so plan your free time accordingly to avoid disappointment.RULES: The entries must be supported by the Ork faction on the B&C. Simple. This includes any 40k Ork unit from any GW or FW range. In this use, 40K is the setting, not the specific game. You must start by making a vow with at least one game-legal unit, however, you may vow up to five game-legal units. Each game-legal unit counts as its own VOW. Vows do not need to be announced at the same time, you may make new vows as you complete previous ones, up to a total of 5 vows. Vows may be completed either sequentially, or simultaneously, the choice is yours. You must provide evidence of progress. This translates to posting a “before” and “after” picture for EACH unit pledged! You are welcome to post as many WIP pics as you like but the “before” and “after” are compulsory. A group photo of all completed units would also be appreciated. As mentioned above, each participant is required to make a binding vow. Please use the standard format below or any other format that will contain the vital information i.e. the info in brackets: "I, [Username], will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete [enter name and model count] before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" REWARDS:All of you who participate in the Waaagh! may wear the relevant badge:For those who successfully complete their pledged units in Orktober will be awarded the appropriate rank, depending on how many units they bring into the Waaagh!There are 6 distinct ranks based on the amount of units completed by each participant:1 Ork Unit: Ork Nob2 Ork Units: Ork Boss3 Ork Units: Ork Big Boss4 Ork Units: Ork Mega Boss5+ Ork Units: Arch-Arsonist (only the coolest title ever!!!)Unlike some other Events, you will not lose credits for completions if you fail to complete one of your Vows, you will only earn the title of Snotling if you fail ALL of your vowed units, and to show this to the world you’ll have to wear the appropriate badge:Similar square badges for all ranks will be available by the end of the event.Now you may wear this as standalone badge or combine it with the generic participation badge thus: Have some fun, paint some Orks, looking forward to seeing a sea of green this Orktober. WAAAAGH!!!! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ FAQ's Q1- Do units need to be multi-model units? A- No, a units minimum model count is determined by the minimum model count of that units datasheet. So, single model units are acceptable if their unit has a single model count or option. Q2 - I would like to proxie / count-as AoS models, will they be acceptable? A- Any AoS models will need converting / kit-bashing / being modelled as belonging in the 41st Millennium. Grenades, pouches, ammo belts, boss poles. As long as the model looks the part, it will be acceptable. Q3- Are 3rd Party / 3D printed models allowed? A- As long as they are appropriately sized and based, and clearly represent they unit they are replacing, yes, they are allowed. Edited Wednesday at 11:57 PM by Grotsmasha 3 3 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grotsmasha Posted September 24 Author Share Posted September 24 + PARTICIPANTS + 3 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6188841 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 (edited) The rules of this challenge say “game-legal” “unit” for “40K” so I have 2 clarifying questions: 1. This would include a single Warboss or a Trukk? 2. This would not include AOS Brutes that I plan on proxying as Snakebite Meganobz? Do I have this right? You already answered my first question above. Reading is important… Edited September 30 by Brother Lutheriel Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189852 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 (edited) I, space wolf, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete a 1 Battlewagon before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" Before Pledge: Current Progress: Edited Thursday at 04:50 PM by space wolf Added photos 3 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189860 Share on other sites More sharing options...
kabaakaba Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 (edited) Should the unit(I.e. warboss ) be the GW's mini or it could be conversion? Edited September 30 by kabaakaba Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189907 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rusted Boltgun Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 (edited) I, Rusted Boltgun, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete one Big Mek before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" Before: Edited Thursday at 06:09 AM by Rusted Boltgun Add photo 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189917 Share on other sites More sharing options...
andes Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 I, andes, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete one Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot! Also, Waaaaggghhh! Spoiler 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189941 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grotsmasha Posted Wednesday at 11:44 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 11:44 PM (edited) 8 hours ago, Brother Lutheriel said: The rules of this challenge say “game-legal” “unit” for “40K” so I have 2 clarifying questions: 1. This would include a single Warboss or a Trukk? 2. This would not include AOS Brutes that I plan on proxying as Snakebite Meganobz? Do I have this right? You already answered my first question above. Reading is important… 40k is the setting, not specifically the one tabletop game. 1- Yes 2- There will need to be some manner of conversion/kitbash to establish them in the 40k universe, such as pouches, grenades, banner poles. If this is done, they're acceptable. 5 hours ago, kabaakaba said: Should the unit(I.e. warboss ) be the GW's mini or it could be conversion? As long as it is clear what it represents, and is appropriate size/base, it will be acceptable. Edited Wednesday at 11:47 PM by Grotsmasha 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189964 Share on other sites More sharing options...
01RTB01 Posted Thursday at 04:45 AM Share Posted Thursday at 04:45 AM As a possible cheeky question, I have nazdreg started but not far in. Would that be viable as a vow? I can provide pics too if that helps? I figure if I get him and a retinue finished that'd be something. I don't wish to be a snot! Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189978 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grotsmasha Posted Thursday at 06:40 AM Author Share Posted Thursday at 06:40 AM (edited) 2 hours ago, 01RTB01 said: As a possible cheeky question, I have nazdreg started but not far in. Would that be viable as a vow? I can provide pics too if that helps? I figure if I get him and a retinue finished that'd be something. I don't wish to be a snot! Yeah, hit me with a pic in its current state, we'll take it from there Edited Thursday at 06:50 AM by Grotsmasha Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6189986 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Argent Posted Thursday at 12:30 PM Share Posted Thursday at 12:30 PM Right den! Me an' me ladz are itchin' for a right gud scrap. Time to get right 'ard and ded killy. I am Warboss Argent an first ting I am gunna get togeva a Warboss from da biggest scrap der' iz, Da War World. E's first 'cause da boss is always first. Dis I'll do before da' end of Orktober. I won't fail as orks is made for fightin' and winnin' . We nevva loose a fight. Dats for runty snots. WAAAGH!!!!!!! 4 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190030 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkia the Bloody Posted Thursday at 09:04 PM Share Posted Thursday at 09:04 PM I am not so much into Orks, but I would also like to join the Whaaagh! with a Boss. I like the miniature, especially the little targeting squig on his shoulder. "I, Valkia the Bloody, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete an Ork Boss before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" 3 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190108 Share on other sites More sharing options...
01RTB01 Posted Friday at 04:40 PM Share Posted Friday at 04:40 PM On 9/30/2026 at 11:40 PM, Grotsmasha said: Yeah, hit me with a pic in its current state, we'll take it from there More coming... On 9/30/2026 at 11:40 PM, Grotsmasha said: Yeah, hit me with a pic in its current state, we'll take it from there His chest plate, dakka and entourage. Thanks in advance. 2 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190221 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grotsmasha Posted Saturday at 06:13 AM Author Share Posted Saturday at 06:13 AM @01RTB01 I'll allow, gets to painting 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190290 Share on other sites More sharing options...
01RTB01 Posted Saturday at 01:58 PM Share Posted Saturday at 01:58 PM "I, 01Rtb01, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete 1 Nazdreg and 3 classic meganobz (but not the meganobz banners as I don't have printer access currently) before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" Da Waaagh is on. Cheers boss! 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190324 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Madao Posted Sunday at 08:07 AM Share Posted Sunday at 08:07 AM I, Madao, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete 10 Boyz before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190399 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkia the Bloody Posted Sunday at 04:17 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:17 PM And I finished my vow and contribution to Orktober- a Ork Boss: 5 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190439 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted Sunday at 07:00 PM Share Posted Sunday at 07:00 PM (edited) My vow is finished. Edited yesterday at 03:10 PM by space wolf 1 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190451 Share on other sites More sharing options...
lokkorex Posted Sunday at 08:19 PM Share Posted Sunday at 08:19 PM I, LokkoRex, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete one(1) Warboss of the Goff Clan before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot! Before pic: 3 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190457 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted Sunday at 08:34 PM Share Posted Sunday at 08:34 PM I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's Orktober brining out my Mad Mek brain. Or maybe the spirit of my inner speed freak is on the loose. But I'm going to make all 5 vows right now. "I, Brother Lutherial, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete 10x Boyz Squad 1x Warboss 1x Wartrakk 3x Warbikes 3x Deffkoptas before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" (One picture won't load so I'll post it in another comment) 2 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190459 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted Sunday at 08:36 PM Share Posted Sunday at 08:36 PM And these guys: 1 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190460 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted yesterday at 02:05 AM Share Posted yesterday at 02:05 AM I, space wolf, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete a warboss and another warboss before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" 6 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190476 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted yesterday at 05:05 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:05 PM Finished! Just kidding.. Progress pic I wanted to share. I kind of like this vibe though. 3 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190537 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heraclite Posted yesterday at 10:47 PM Share Posted yesterday at 10:47 PM The Ork issues of combat patrol were delivered today, just in time for Orktober! I, Heraclite, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete one Warboss in mega armour before October 31st 2026. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I have earned in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail, it’ll just prove I’m a Snot!" 1 7 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388571-join-the-waaagh-2026/#findComment-6190576 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now