grailkeeper Posted Monday at 07:00 PM Share Posted Monday at 07:00 PM 2 minutes ago, Borbarad said: Guy is fishing for clicks. Sad to see the B&C community to fall for these attention pariahs. The B & C Community HATE this one weird trick! The Yncarne, N1SB, ZeroWolf and 11 others 14 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189508 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted Monday at 07:54 PM Share Posted Monday at 07:54 PM 1 hour ago, grailkeeper said: One thing I'm very glad is there hasnt been much of a warhammer/ only fans cross over, in the same way the Goth Girls are being faked now. Given the target market for warhammer an only fans type girl could clear up if she was the first. But given that it is still a game aimed at children I'm very glad we dont really have that type of content creator. There are a few sexualised warhammer things out there, comics primarily. Call me old fashioned but I dont like em. Best not look up what HiveFleetHyper does on the side! (Though her IG minis are 100% clean and very nicely painted.) Lathe Biosas 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189517 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahzek451 Posted Monday at 08:11 PM Share Posted Monday at 08:11 PM (edited) 1 hour ago, grailkeeper said: One thing I'm very glad is there hasnt been much of a warhammer/ only fans cross over, in the same way the Goth Girls are being faked now. Given the target market for warhammer an only fans type girl could clear up if she was the first. But given that it is still a game aimed at children I'm very glad we dont really have that type of content creator. There are a few sexualised warhammer things out there, comics primarily. Call me old fashioned but I dont like em. Yet. As with everything, give it time. There are a few tiktockers now that present painted miniatures, but go out of their way to show themselves holding the model with tight/showy clothing that show curves and know they are not bad to look at. Sometimes in skimpy clothing. I never watched Midwinter's videos, had no idea about is personal life. If true that sucks. Outside of that, Not every word someone says needs to be hung up on and can still make a good point or 2. Edited Monday at 08:13 PM by Ahzek451 sitnam 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189521 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jukkiz Posted Monday at 08:18 PM Share Posted Monday at 08:18 PM 6 minutes ago, Ahzek451 said: Yet. As with everything, give it time. There are a few tiktockers now that present painted miniatures, but go out of their way to show themselves holding the model with tight/showy clothing that show curves and know they are not bad to look at. Sometimes in skimpy clothing. That´s any hobby at somepoint, Gunpla been plagued for years by those kinda "fans" that just want attention Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189523 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahzek451 Posted Monday at 08:25 PM Share Posted Monday at 08:25 PM 1 minute ago, Jukkiz said: That´s any "Mainstream" hobby at somepoint, Gunpla been plagued for years by those kinda "fans" that just want attention *fixed* Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189525 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Captain Idaho Posted Monday at 09:05 PM Share Posted Monday at 09:05 PM Macca from Outer Circle has quit YouTube and I wonder what that means for his project on Horus Heresy. That makes me a sad panda. 11 hours ago, N1SB said: That's why I listen to you guys over YouTubers. They're incenvitised to Hype AND/OR Hate on everything. Both those are exhausting. Shucks I like to hyper my hate on everything. It's an art. Exhausting? Try living with me N1SB and phandaal 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189533 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazer Rackham Posted Monday at 09:59 PM Share Posted Monday at 09:59 PM 2 hours ago, Evil Eye said: Best not look up what HiveFleetHyper does on the side! (Though her IG minis are 100% clean and very nicely painted.) Sounds like you're...uh...incentivised for a positive review...a schill for a bit of thrill, eh? *Tuts* Lathe Biosas and Evil Eye 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189540 Share on other sites More sharing options...
DemonGSides Posted Monday at 10:25 PM Share Posted Monday at 10:25 PM 3 hours ago, Borbarad said: Guy is fishing for clicks. Sad to see the B&C community to fall for these attention pariahs. Considering how often people complain about content creators, I'm shocked there's so much sympathy. For such a piece of trash, none the less. ZeroWolf, hd3, ThaneOfTas and 3 others 6 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189544 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Inquisitor_Lensoven Posted Monday at 10:26 PM Author Share Posted Monday at 10:26 PM 17 hours ago, SvenIronhand said: I don’t. The cad knows what he did. What did he do exactly? 6 hours ago, Blissful Brushes said: If you make your hobby your job it’ll very soon cease to be your hobby. That’s the obvious take away, and having watched his videos in the past - didn’t know about the cheating - he’s sounded particularly uninspired for a good couple of years, or is just dull to listen to in the first place. I am also of the opinion that with mini collecting/gaming if you spread yourself too thinly you either A) achieve very little or B) burn out unless you are in the 0.1% for whom it genuinely seems to be their entire personality (EoB for example) coupled with the ability to paint and build to a high standard rapidly. I will likely never ‘burn out’ of 40k because I don’t care enough about the gaming side to absolutely need a game legal force at all times that’s meta enough to keep up. I build/convert and paint at my own rate, to my own favourite bits of canon. It is, in short, a hobby which I dip in and out of as the mood takes me; at the moment I’m quite into it. — As far as GW goes…I think the shift in their mindset from creating models that are bases to build from - eg a basic Tactical Marine/Intercessor to what are effectively mono pose minis - attractive though they may be - hits a lot of hobbyists that aren’t as into converting as I am but want a huge army. GW seems to be targeting new business more than existing business and having the more monopose boxes allows newbies to get cool poses and no risk of repetition in their army. This has always been a concern for me. i was about to fully jobify a hobby I loved, no idea how that would have turned out had we not moved. i was always concerned anything I enjoyed doing would be ruined by the stress of needing to do it in order to survive. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189545 Share on other sites More sharing options...
RWJP Posted yesterday at 12:24 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:24 AM 1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said: What did he do exactly? He cheated on the mother of his (at the time) recently new-born twins, ditched her for the new girl he cheated with who then started appearing on his channel, and for a time didn't contribute anything towards childcare leaving his now single-mother ex-girlfriend to fend for herself with two new-borns. Because they weren't married, when they split up, Guy kept everything, Penny got nothing apart from the children. I normally try to be diplomatic where I can, but in this case: Guy is human trash and no one here, or anywhere else for that matter, should show him sympathy for any of his struggles. Lord Marshal, Lathe Biosas, Antarius and 9 others 12 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189563 Share on other sites More sharing options...
N1SB Posted yesterday at 01:06 AM Share Posted yesterday at 01:06 AM 7 hours ago, Lay said: Wait, that guy is leaving the hobby? I thought complaining about GW, the rules and the art direction is part of the fun Nonono, he's not even leaving the Hobby...he's just not going to play or post about 40k much. He'll be playing Necromunda, he said. That's all the Respectfully Disagree button was about, because you ARE right, as we all know, the Hobby is about: Build Paint Play Read Subscribe to Warhammer+ and soon Amazon Prime Complain Complain COMPLAIN I know people, and I believe you may too, that somehow skip the 1st few steps and just go straight to COMPLAIN. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189566 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted yesterday at 01:08 AM Share Posted yesterday at 01:08 AM I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this guy, why do we care if he plays 40k or not?) N1SB 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189567 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adeptekon Posted yesterday at 01:12 AM Share Posted yesterday at 01:12 AM 14 hours ago, Jukkiz said: Remember that he basically said that if you play Germany on Bolt Action, you´re basically supporting funny moustace man I used to play with little plastic civil war soliders as a kid. I think I always wanted to be blue, but every once in a while be grey. Am I bad? Mazer Rackham, hd3 and phandaal 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189569 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted yesterday at 06:46 AM Share Posted yesterday at 06:46 AM 5 hours ago, Adeptekon said: I used to play with little plastic civil war soliders as a kid. I think I always wanted to be blue, but every once in a while be grey. Am I bad? Only if you play General Lee as a man and not an orange 1969 Dodge Charger. Evil Eye, ThaneOfTas, Adeptekon and 1 other 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189590 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted yesterday at 04:17 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:17 PM 9 hours ago, Lathe Biosas said: Only if you play General Lee as a man and not an orange 1969 Dodge Charger. Why not a man IN an orange 1969 Dodge Charger? Something tells me history might have been very different if General Lee had been driving the General Lee. Though not as different if he'd been commanding an M3 Lee... phandaal 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189643 Share on other sites More sharing options...
sitnam Posted yesterday at 04:22 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:22 PM 3 minutes ago, Evil Eye said: Why not a man IN an orange 1969 Dodge Charger? Something tells me history might have been very different if General Lee had been driving the General Lee. Though not as different if he'd been commanding an M3 Lee... But then you would have to give Grant his own tank...oh wait. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189647 Share on other sites More sharing options...
SvenIronhand Posted yesterday at 04:22 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:22 PM (edited) 6 minutes ago, Evil Eye said: Though not as different if he'd been commanding an M3 Lee... The Haunted Tank of DC Comics fame? Wait, that was Stuart... Edited yesterday at 04:24 PM by SvenIronhand Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189649 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joe Posted yesterday at 04:52 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:52 PM On 9/28/2026 at 1:43 PM, grailkeeper said: At least he's not Discourse minis who seems to only produce weekly Warhammer is FINISHED videos. Funniest bit is that for someone that spends her time producing drama-bait content, she's far more invested in in Warhammer than she publicly lets on; she bought a Golden Ticket at Warhammer Fest 2023. I spotted her regularly in the front rows, as well as disappearing off into the back room. All said and done, MWM is an idiot and no one would miss him if he fell under a bus tomorrow. Setting aside the stuff with his ex-partner (who might miss the bare minimum childcare support he provides now, admittedly), the whole "all historical wargamers are weirdos, especially people who play bad guy countries" was such a moronic and inaccurate take you could tell he's had the barest minimum of interactions, if any, with that side of the tabletop miniatures community. phandaal, Lord Marshal, Adeptekon and 1 other 1 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189655 Share on other sites More sharing options...
grailkeeper Posted yesterday at 05:09 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:09 PM A bit harsh to say no one would miss him if he fell under a bus I will say I wasnt really aware of his personal life, but I had enjoyed the few of the videos I'd seen. His ones on basing were very helpful. DemonGSides and Kommisar_K 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189659 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marshal Rohr Posted yesterday at 05:30 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:30 PM Co-parenting sounds really hard. I wonder if there were any steps he could’ve taken to avoid the stresses of split custody? TwinOcted, DemonGSides, Lord Marshal and 6 others 9 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189666 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lexington Posted yesterday at 05:44 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:44 PM Look, I'm in my 40's and literate and therefore find the whole "YouTuber" thing bewildering and sort of offensive, but it's hard not to hear "40K feels like homework now" and not feel at least a little bit of sympathy. DemonGSides, N1SB and ThaneOfTas 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189669 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazer Rackham Posted yesterday at 05:50 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:50 PM 39 minutes ago, grailkeeper said: A bit harsh to say no one would miss him if he fell under a bus The bus driver certainly wouldn't. Domhnall, Evil Eye, ThaneOfTas and 5 others 8 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189671 Share on other sites More sharing options...
SpecialIssue Posted yesterday at 05:56 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:56 PM Just take Games Workshop's word at face value and treat them as a model company first! You can do whatever you want with any models you buy from them that strike your fancy. You don't have to buy a whole army and play their rules, which is the main source of fatigue. That is not the only way to use their models. Use them in other systems, proxy them, house rule them, use them in older systems, buy whatever looks coolest for display, kit bash them together into new unit concepts. This hobby is about engaging your creativity and artistry in the setting, not consuming cookie-cutter products. Do anything but feel forced to keep up with a product cycle designed not for a love and passion for the setting, but specifically to extract as much money out of you as possible. TwinOcted, ZeroWolf and Antarius 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189673 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted yesterday at 05:58 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:58 PM 10 minutes ago, Lexington said: Look, I'm in my 40's and literate and therefore find the whole "YouTuber" thing bewildering and sort of offensive, but it's hard not to hear "40K feels like homework now" and not feel at least a little bit of sympathy. I'm also in my 40's and apparently never got the "gotta watch YouTube" memo. But, these guys turned a hobby into a job. They monetized something they enjoyed, and then got burned out on it. Not a shocking revelation. The Yncarne, phandaal and ZeroWolf 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189674 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marshal Rohr Posted yesterday at 06:21 PM Share Posted yesterday at 06:21 PM Maybe he should consider something less taxing, like historicals perhaps? ThaneOfTas, Evil Eye, Lord Marshal and 4 others 7 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/2/#findComment-6189683 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts