Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Admittedly, a somewhat shrinking market at present - a lot of the older lead belt companies are starting to shut down (age of staff, operational costs, etc), and it'll only get worse in the future. That's going to harm a lot of particularly niche subject areas and ranges, as well as quite a few non-niche ones. Digital will cover some of what's being lost, but not to the same degree.

 

Gripping Beast announcing it's shutting down after thirty years, for examples - after it'd previously absorbed a few other companies' ranges.

51 minutes ago, Lexington said:

Look, I'm in my 40's and literate and therefore find the whole "YouTuber" thing bewildering and sort of offensive, but it's hard not to hear "40K feels like homework now" and not feel at least a little bit of sympathy.

For certain, and if it were anyone but him I'd be supportive. Just, you know. Two-timing =][=CENSORED=][=.

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

Admittedly, a somewhat shrinking market at present - a lot of the older lead belt companies are starting to shut down (age of staff, operational costs, etc), and it'll only get worse in the future. That's going to harm a lot of particularly niche subject areas and ranges, as well as quite a few non-niche ones. Digital will cover some of what's being lost, but not to the same degree.

 

Gripping Beast announcing it's shutting down after thirty years, for examples - after it'd previously absorbed a few other companies' ranges.


so GW will be able Buy up more space for production in Nottingham?

11 minutes ago, Evil Eye said:

For certain, and if it were anyone but him I'd be supportive...

 

'Deer Mister, Sir,

 

I act for a Necromundan Prince, His Most Archmagnificency Baldrukk McRippoff....and he is very tired of warhammer too...please send your bank details and a location where he can send a box full of Juan Diaz Daemonettes.'

 

Your friend,

 

Senator Ian McGuffin, Solicitor at large.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Funniest bit is that for someone that spends her time producing drama-bait content, she's far more invested in in Warhammer than she publicly lets on; she bought a Golden Ticket at Warhammer Fest 2023. I spotted her regularly in the front rows, as well as disappearing off into the back room. :laugh:

 

Many such cases.

All this reinforces for me is that one of the best decisions I've made is to hit the "do not recommend channel" button on Youtube for these people (Midwinter after the Bolt Action video, Discourse, Outer Circle, etc)

 

I forgot this guy even existed

14 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Did discourse quit too? That would finally be a bit of good news in the hobby space. 

 

Probably makes way too much easy money from 'GW just KILLED 40k' and 'WARHAMMER is DONE' thumbnails to ever need to quit. Not like her audience will seemingly ever get bored of hearing it, no matter how many times it doesn't happen. Can't even blame her for milking that gravy train. 

 

Outer Circle did quit though, which admittedly I can't blame him for either when his channel hasn't really grown at all despite doing the same bit as Discourse for longer.

 

Never ask a dramatuber why they don't just go play a non-GW game from a company they actually like.

 

Edited by Lord Marshal
20 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Never ask a dramatuber why they don't just go play a non-GW game from a company they actually like.

 

Or even- SHOCK- play an older edition if they really want to stick to GW rules. Don't have to worry about a balance patch or next round of power creep for an edition from 20 years ago!

3 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

I wonder what it would take for Discourse minis to release a video called something like "GAMES WORKSHOPS LATEST MOVE is actually pretty good"

Probably cash would do it. She’s quite poor and always begging for handouts. 

22 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Probably cash would do it. She’s quite poor and always begging for handouts. 

 

Dont mistake begging for handouts on the internet with being poor. Some people have no shame. 

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

Outer Circle did quit though, which admittedly I can't blame him for either when his channel hasn't really grown at all despite doing the same bit as Discourse for longer.

Outer Circle is kind of a shame, as he had some solid Heresy content when I really cared about that setting (like 6 years ago), but his opinions about 40k and AoS (and their fans) were pretty distateful.

 

I distinctly remember him crapping on Paragon Warriors and arguing that those that like them deserve bad miniatures. As a Nundam fan that seemed kinda harsh

I really enjoyed his gritty and realistic 3D design work meant to stand up to the modern Heresy Slop kits evil GW makes. Especially the tank he designed with four turrets directly over the tracks that would prevent the main weapon from traversing. 

15 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Outer Circle is kind of a shame, as he had some solid Heresy content when I really cared about that setting (like 6 years ago), but his opinions about 40k and AoS (and their fans) were pretty distateful.

 

I distinctly remember him crapping on Paragon Warriors and arguing that those that like them deserve bad miniatures. As a Nundam fan that seemed kinda harsh

 

Firsthand through a few mutual circles that had to handle the fallout for moderation purposes, TOC (specifically, Cat rather than Macca) was behind the harassment of ciara.elvenblood (of Broadsword Wargaming) which led to her being dropped from GWs content creator program post-Heresy Open Day in 2022 for her own safety. They've never apologised for that one.

 

Admittedly, and @Lord Marshal will remember this, the meat man video just popped into my head...

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

 

Firsthand through a few mutual circles that had to handle the fallout for moderation purposes, TOC (specifically, Cat rather than Macca) was behind the harassment of ciara.elvenblood (of Broadsword Wargaming) which led to her being dropped from GWs content creator program post-Heresy Open Day in 2022 for her own safety. They've never apologised for that one.

 

Admittedly, and @Lord Marshal will remember this, the meat man video just popped into my head...

Who the hell is cat

2 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

All this reinforces for me is that one of the best decisions I've made is to hit the "do not recommend channel" button on Youtube for these people (Midwinter after the Bolt Action video, Discourse, Outer Circle, etc)

 

I forgot this guy even existed

 

Couldn't agree more.  I NEVER see that :cuss: anymore.  Discourse started the process for me.  Being from the southern US, I'm sure my accent could grate on people's nerves, but fingernails on a chalkboard are more pleasant to me than hearing her pronounce "Games Workshop."

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui
Removed swear dodge

 

Huh. Just spent 30 minutes riding the YouTube algorithm wave... and... are these guys for real?

 

Besides wanting to give them a Paxil and a hug, are they all doomsayers? Is this what passes for entertainment these days?

 

 

Sheesh, I'm feeling more like that EarthForce guard on Mars (from Babylon 5) more every day...

 

“I don’t watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite.”

 

 

10 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Who the hell is cat

 

Cat (Kat?) is (or was) one of Macca's collaborators with TOC, and was broadly responsible for managing the social media side. He spent a stretch of 2022 harassing women in the community, and is afaik banned from most of the various Warhammer-related Discord's and sub-Reddit's now. Not a normal person by any stretch.

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

 

Cat (Kat?) is (or was) one of Macca's collaborators with TOC, and was broadly responsible for managing the social media side. He spent a stretch of 2022 harassing women in the community, and is afaik banned from most of the various Warhammer-related Discord's and sub-Reddit's now. Not a normal person by any stretch.

Absolutely shocked I tell you

Never really followed 40k Youtubers and didn't watch the video... But this ed has killed my interest for the time being. Unlike dude, I can't tell you in two words exactly why: No Crusade.

 

If it still existed, I'd be stoked about Exodites and eagerly awaiting decent releases for Drukhari and Grey Knights. And honestly? When and if those things come out, it may pull me back. I got a kick out of Necromunda RP, and might end up going in for that, but so far, that's as much interest as I can muster.

These drama farming doomtubers are, without a doubt, the worst thing to happen to any hobby. Followed by anyone who uses AI generated thumbnails.

 

Seriously, they damage the hobby so much. Their reach is much further than I think even they understand. It's one thing that people who have been in the hobby for more than one edition have opinions, even if I disagree with said opinions, but I am seeing new players enter into the hobby space with opinions on games (not just from GW) that are fundamentally wrong.

 

The most upsetting thing is that if I try to suggest that statements like "too much homework" maybe, possibly are not correct and are parroting these infernal drama farmers who either have only played for less than a few years or have no skin in the game at all gets met with "shut up shill". I left a local club because the president loudly announced nobody should listen to me because I am a "frothing fanboy" for the audacity to suggest that at the time Tyranids weren't unplayable only his hyper specific niche list was no longer viable and to ask if he had tried a different playstyle.

 

When I hear someone isn't enjoying the hobby my first thought isn't "I hate you". It is "let me help you find your enjoyment again." If I cannot do that and you genuinely want to leave the hobby then I'd rather have tried to help then not at all.

However...it's not an airport terminal. Don't be a drama farmer and announce your departure.

 

Sincerely, the frothing shill.

At one point Guy suggest fatigue might be the right way to describe how he feels about 40K (the game, not the setting), and I think this resonates with me.

Like may people, Armageddon *should've* been a slam dunk, and the Orks were, but the Marines were just "ehh, more marines".

Don't get me wrong I like the Marines, but they didn't give the kick like 9tth an 10th boxes did.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

 

Cat (Kat?) is (or was) one of Macca's collaborators with TOC, and was broadly responsible for managing the social media side. He spent a stretch of 2022 harassing women in the community, and is afaik banned from most of the various Warhammer-related Discord's and sub-Reddit's now. Not a normal person by any stretch.

 

I've met Cat a few times down and around the Aus heresy events. Dude is crazier than a :cuss:house rat. Generally ignoring him or telling him to ah 'kindly go make love to yourself'* works. 

 

*slightly edited to not offend the anti-swearing servitors.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.