Antarius Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago (edited) I think some youtubers make great content (although there tends to be a visible drop-off in quality as the years go by; there's really not that much you can do, especially when it has to seem new and exciting all the time). It must be a terrible line of work, though, so in that sense I sympathise with many of them, even when they produce less-than-stellar stuff to fill up their schedule. However, I hate the trend of DRAMATIC thumbnails and SHOCKING headlines. It's just... why would you even do that (clicks, I know, but still). And I absolutely despise the channels that are basically just about drama and don't even do any actual hobby content. I mean, a rambly video about this GREAT new game that might even be BETTER THAN WARHAMMER (and whose creators are, by complete coincidence, this week's sponsors) once in a while can be fine, if most of what you do is actual hobby content. But stuff like Discourse minis is just gross (though just reading the headlines of the videos over time is quite funny; it's truly a wonder that GW can keep being up to such scandalous, nefarious stuff with all the times they have apparently gone under just in the last year). I mean, it's weird how some people will have a hyper-evolved critical sense, when it comes to anything and everything GW does and does not do, but none whatsoever when it comes to someone who literally wants their money for stirring up drama and has a very clear incentive to always put the most dramatic spin on everything. Guy, as has been mentioned, is of course a complete piece of human garbage (I tend to think that people's private lives are none of my business, but at some point I also stop being willing to support people, so I haven't actually watched any of his stuff for a long time). To his credit though, he has not traditionally been a drama-tuber, but if he stops posting videos about 40K, I still think it's a net win. Edited 15 hours ago by Antarius Orange Knight 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/4/#findComment-6189768 Share on other sites More sharing options...
grailkeeper Posted 12 hours ago Share Posted 12 hours ago 2 hours ago, Antarius said: However, I hate the trend of DRAMATIC thumbnails and SHOCKING headlines. Antarius, ArielRSA, Loquille and 3 others 6 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/4/#findComment-6189777 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazer Rackham Posted 12 hours ago Share Posted 12 hours ago KILL IT WITH FIRE! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/4/#findComment-6189778 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted 12 hours ago Share Posted 12 hours ago I saw the vid, and honestly it's pretty hard to care about the take. In this hobby, our enthusiasm waxes and wanes as time goes on. This is a natural process that people go through and it applies to the hobby in general, or a particular aspect/game. You can't maintain high levels of excitement indefinitely. I checked-out half way through 10th, some of my friends at the end of 9th. The army and terrain rules of 11th are a lot more fun, and the local group of people that walked away in the prior editions has returned in full. We've organised hobby sessions, game nights, and the excitement is approaching the levels we felt in 8th edition. It wouldn't surprise me if a different group of people a town over have all just quit. This is normal. I don't know why every influencer needs to wax lyrical about their philosophical turmoil every time they feel their hobby enthusiasm or love for 40k drop a bit. it's just looking for attention and monetisation. ZeroWolf, andes and Antarius 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/4/#findComment-6189779 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Tyler Posted 12 hours ago Share Posted 12 hours ago And on that note, we'll lock this. There are plenty of other current/recent discussions about areas where hobbyists have concerns about the game(s) supported here. We don't need to be knocking external sites and people who aren't here to defend themselves. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388586-midwinter-minis-done-with-40k-ish/page/4/#findComment-6189781 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts