Karack Blackstone Posted Monday at 09:48 PM Share Posted Monday at 09:48 PM (edited) Hello, been a while. I've watched the video in the leak thread. I realize my mistake and choose to correct it. I have 3rd Edition Rules somewhere, and have two plans thus far. My current force is mostly NorMarines, Firstborn to many. I have boxes of unassembled Prmaris to build a force out of for the start of things, and some options of building various types. Mostly Infantry. I have older vehicles, plenty to use in either HH or 11th. I have around 10,000 points of older models, so it's a bit of a push to go Apoc, and Legends, if not allowed, would see me much less in attendance model wise on the table. However! There's plenty of questions that I have about stuff, however, until HH brings in some GH's instead of GS's, I can proxy, however, I have three unbuilt HH Mk. 3 Armor boxes to build, and possibly a fourth somewhere, if I can recall correctly. Instead, I have Primaris. I'm not enjoying the thought of retiring my GH's and BC's of the NorMarines version. I have Primaris, however, I have to develop a plan that will allow me to play a still fluffy yet performing force using the new rules. I want to love and play WH40K, I can use my older models in arranged classic or older rules edition games. I can over time get the rules for each edition to play those games. It's honestly a nice idea. I can get into that later. So, I need to dive the Tactica and go over things as we, as a group, take into account the coming leak and changes, which will keep things jumping for a while here. I think GW either allowed or told the leaker to leak, however, I obviously cannot deny that it may be on the Leaker's own initiative. We shall see in time what it looks like, overall. So, I'll leave out my personal take on using models my own way and just do whatever kitbashing I want overall. Heads and kits to taste, all the way! Any female will have a helmet and no difference in armor, it's my army, and no matter what I can do whatever I want. It's fun to me, so I will. Other than that, it's just about having fun! So, as this is now changing me towards wanting to look into the new edition as the last one was just... nothing good to me at least, those of you that were able to stay playing, the reason why would help me weigh for myself how I truly feel about this change in the rules. I personally love WGPL's, so even if they're not back, I haven't been studying the overall leak as well as I'd like yet, it's not enough yet to truly keep me away like the initial shock of that as it's more Legends now, and less to do with Primaris, which I personally find a disservice... Still, in all the interest of gaming, I honestly think that having plans for my old army and the start of my new one, I'm looking through the way this should play out as far as I can tell thus far, and it's at least encouraging this time! So,... *Rolls out a Thunderhawk's worth of Fenrisian Mead in barrels normally sized for wine.* Here's my hopefully coming back around for at least a while, now to learn to paint some day soon, wow, did I suck at it the last time! It's been a while, at least I will improve over time! Fenrys Hjolda! Edit: With the changes to the pre releasing SM Codex for 11th coming out, and that Tac's count as Intercessors, it's likely that SW's will get permission for NorMarines of the BC and GH variety, etc., to count as their Primaris versions. I have six GH, 2 BC, 4 LF, and 1 or 2 Scouts Packs, as well as 1st Born TDA WG that all will likely be getting the counts-as treatment. Still, that certainly frees me up to do this sort of thing! Since I'm curious, what are the 40K rules for Spartans these days? FW is not really something that seems to be supported right now. Is it Legends or special permission? I'm curious as to how things will work, as I have four resin, so the only ones I really need are the plastic and those are just easier to build, although, resin is certainly heavy, it's also quicker to build. Edited Tuesday at 09:02 PM by Karack Blackstone Wolf Guard Dan and TiguriusX 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388595-back-to-basics-i-will-remember-my-mistake-and-choose-to-correct-it-modernizing-my-forces/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wolf Guard Dan Posted Tuesday at 10:46 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 10:46 PM Welcome back. You should be ok to use your first born GH and BC as long as they’re on the correct base. It might depend on the tournament rules but they’re citadel models representing their unit in the codex. As long as they’re WYSIWYG is correct it shouldn’t be an issue. I’ve got some Mk3 on sprue too. I’m mostly using them as bits pieces to make my primaris more interesting. For painting just watch YouTube videos. Find a way that works for you. The contrast paints may help. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388595-back-to-basics-i-will-remember-my-mistake-and-choose-to-correct-it-modernizing-my-forces/#findComment-6189738 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted yesterday at 01:16 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 01:16 AM I have some expansion bases that I will need to put on, at least, in time. I have time, which is nice, now. Not rushing around dealing with life all the time. Now to just plan out when to best take a crack at it! Still, going to be a while to get close to 60 or more bases resized with these spacers. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388595-back-to-basics-i-will-remember-my-mistake-and-choose-to-correct-it-modernizing-my-forces/#findComment-6189750 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted yesterday at 08:02 PM Author Share Posted yesterday at 08:02 PM How do I get to use Spartans in 11th Ed.? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388595-back-to-basics-i-will-remember-my-mistake-and-choose-to-correct-it-modernizing-my-forces/#findComment-6189937 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Moonstalker Posted 21 hours ago Share Posted 21 hours ago 3 hours ago, Karack Blackstone said: How do I get to use Spartans in 11th Ed.? At the moment? Check under Legendary Proxies for Space Marines in the app. They tell you to proxy it as a Land Raider. It may get proper Legends rules at some point in the future, but at this particular moment? Appears that it's just a Land Raider. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388595-back-to-basics-i-will-remember-my-mistake-and-choose-to-correct-it-modernizing-my-forces/#findComment-6189962 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted 19 hours ago Author Share Posted 19 hours ago That's... wow, that's sad. 25 Capacity down to 16? What a ... well, I know I can yell, and it won't help. What to do... Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388595-back-to-basics-i-will-remember-my-mistake-and-choose-to-correct-it-modernizing-my-forces/#findComment-6189971 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now