Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Chaos really did get the spikey end of that stick, that's horrid all round really. Also love that a +1 to S/T on a base mini is largely worth 1pt.

 

Also: :cuss: gives with the storm bolter on the imperial chimera being worse than the rhino in agents?

Edited by Mogger351
26 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Also: :cuss: gives with the storm bolter on the imperial chimera being worse than the rhino in agents?

 

They probably just forgot Agents exist as usual and didn't change it. 

6 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

My TSons list just went up 200pts and they didn't even improve our Psychic Attacks.

I feel sorry for tsons, explaining to a buddy that they're technically not worse, just their niche has been eroded as they went from "same as a chaos marine but +2ap to same as a chaos marine but +1ap". Nothing technically bad per se, just... nothing good?

16 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

My TSons list just went up 200pts and they didn't even improve our Psychic Attacks.

 

At least they got the toughness boost across the board.

But I agree.


I think a lot of armies will be waiting on their codex to get a proper rules pass.

5 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

I feel sorry for tsons, explaining to a buddy that they're technically not worse, just their niche has been eroded as they went from "same as a chaos marine but +2ap to same as a chaos marine but +1ap". Nothing technically bad per se, just... nothing good?

 

Khopeshes didn't increase, Warpflamers didn't increase, magic didn't increase, 10 SoTs cost nearly the same as Magnus the Red, we've become about 1 pip less effective across the board and went up by about 12.5%.

 

We did have some new Force Dispositions added for our Three 3DP Detachments but to be frank people were doing fine with the original ones we had.

4 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

 

At least they got the toughness boost across the board.

But I agree.


I think a lot of armies will be waiting on their codex to get a proper rules pass.

 

The Toughness increase helps but I'm now looking at my list and realising I'm being out deployed by Knights.

 

Edit:

They also Stealth-nerfed Overwatch/Snap Shooting.

You can't get Crits while Snap Shooting now, so Lethal Hits OW is dead and since none of our Flamer-type weapons increased in Strength we've kinda lost the Shooty CSM Overwatch nich as well.

Edited by Indy Techwisp

3W Noise Marines are cool and feel appropriate for their size and chonk, but Sonic Blasters staying S5 when all of the game's bolt weaponry went up and their main targets gained toughness doesn't feel good at all. Combined with the points increase I think they've taken a pretty hefty hit. 

2 minutes ago, Knightsword said:

Are Faction Packs being added for DA, SW and BA later? They've been removed and only Legends packs remain :confused:

I think they're getting released on Saturday when the new Space Marine codex comes out.

8 minutes ago, Marshal Loss said:

3W Noise Marines are cool and feel appropriate for their size and chonk, but Sonic Blasters staying S5 when all of the game's bolt weaponry went up and their main targets gained toughness doesn't feel good at all. Combined with the points increase I think they've taken a pretty hefty hit. 

Sadly this is what making a marine tougher looks like though. Same reason bladeguard aren't S6. If they put your marine takling weapons up as well, then there'd be no point.

8 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

So... I can confirm that the last Marine list I used in 10th has gone up by 215 points. I used a good varierty of units.

The army will be around 10% smaller.

I saw somewhere someone did the maths for the whole book and it's about 8% total. More interestingly is the chaos points, where GW values +1S and +1T to 1 point per model looking at chosen etc.

Tabletop Tactics did an overview video on the changes, in their opinion the changes for chaos/grey knight was a bit bare minimum effort and they will not keep pace with loyalist marines. They also state that xenos/other 10th ed forces will not keep pace with chaos either. They shout out Knights as in particular being in a really bad place as a result.
 

 

all of my lists went up around 10% so aligns with what has been talked about. Interestingly my friends salamander list overall went DOWN in points :P I think his vehicles dropped a bit basically. 

Also, annoying that post update, I cant actually build a list till saturday now :P

So the same bloody weapons (bolters/heavy bolters, multi-meltas etc) were not updated for other Imperial armies? What the hell?! Really unfortunate for the Sisters in particular, and just annoyingly inconsistent in general. 

2 minutes ago, Crimson Longinus said:

So the same bloody weapons (bolters/heavy bolters, multi-meltas etc) were not updated for other Imperial armies? What the hell?! Really unfortunate for the Sisters in particular, and just annoyingly inconsistent in general. 

Like I mentioned above with IA, they didn't keep it consistent inside the same army, never mind across multiple.

 The main SM codex looks great. If the other supplements are like BT, then they seem a tad phoned in. I feel very sorry for anyone who runs Sword Bros they have been butchered.

 

Edited by Subtleknife
29 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

 The main SM codex looks great. If the other supplements are like BT, then they seem a tad phoned in. I feel very sorry for anyone who runs Sword Bros they have been butchered.

 

 

I keep saying, all Marines should be under one Codex (Split in 2; Generic Units and Chapter Specific units) so they all get proper codex updates at the same time.

1 minute ago, Orange Knight said:

 

I keep saying, all Marines should be under one Codex (Split in 2; Generic Units and Chapter Specific units) so they all get proper codex updates at the same time.

 

I mean thats exactly the sort of treatment that they have now, wether the update comes in a single book or split into supplements doesnt really change the fact that there are winners and losers and right now the winners are Space Wolves and Dark Angels while Black Templars and Blood Angels get thrown into the gutter. The rules being updated at the same time like they are now is not changing that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.