Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

Now we've got MFM updated with new points costs, I thought I'd look at my Marines Adamant army, which is run as Space Wolves.  (They're Iron Hands Successors, but with a Feral World flavour, IA is in the Librarium if anyone cares, and pics of many of the units below are in my Blog)

 

Here's the list:

 

Marines Adamant (Space Wolves) 2k

 

Saga of the Iron Heart (Great Wolf) 2DP

??? - 1DP

from C: SW

Warleader Isgrimnur Ironheart (Logan Grimnar) 150
(Leads Squad Sludig)

Squad Sludig, Terminator Hearthguard (WGTDA x5) 180
3 x Power Weapon and Storm Shield*
1 x Assault Cannon and Power Fist
Vt Sgt with Relic Greataxe

 

Isorn, Hearthguard Battle Leader (WGBL) 80
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield
With Skjald’s Foretelling 20
(Leads Squad Einskaldir)

Squad Einskaldir, Hearthguard Breacher Squad (Headtakers x6) 170
Power Weapons and Storm Shields

 

Tonnrud, Flesh Wyrd (Wolf Priest) 75
(Leads Squad Torgrundyr)

Squad Torgrundyr, Tactical Squad (Grey Hunters) 180
Sgt with Power Fist, Plasma Pistol

 

Jarnauga, Spirit Wyrd (Njal Stormcaller) 100
(Leads Squad Narvi)

Squad Narvi, Tactical Squad (Grey Hunters) 180
Sgt with Power Sword, Bolt Carbine

 

Fingil Bloodfist (Bjorn tFH) 160

 

Frekke, Iron Wyrd (Iron Priest) 60
With Chariots of the Storm 25
(Accompanies Gladiator Lancers)

 

Gharant Skirmish Servitors (Fenrisian Wolves x5) 45


from C: SM

Squad Ule, Devastator Squad with Missile Launchers (Desolators - 5) 135

 

Sicaran Venator (Gladiator Lancer) 165

 

Deimos Predator Annihilator (Gladiator Lancer) 165

 

Squad Harfot, Plasma Support Squad (Hellblasters - 5) 110

 

Total = 2000

 

 

*edit: I've noticed a few places say they still pay +5 per shield, but the MFM says Wargear costs removed, so I'm assuming they're free, which is a nice balance to the unit cost going up?

 

 

So, I'm not sure which secondary Detachment to take. Saga of the Great Wolf seems an obvious first pick with Logan in command, but what to do with the last DP? Champions of Fenris isn't bad, as there are a fair number of characters? Or maybe Devastator Brethren, to add a bit of IH flavour and boost the shooty units? I dunno, basically!

 

I should say I'm not a competitive player at all (the tanks will be counts-as because I like the models better and already have them built, for example) but I'd like to have a list that is viable, even if not super optimised.

 

Are there any choices that are obviously bad? I've heard that Bladeguard might be straight up better than Headtakers, and it's an easy swap so no problem to switch them over, that kind of thing?

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (especially on the second Detachment thing!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Lysimachus

When in doubt, Grey Mane.

 

An old adage around here, which means, for 2k, you should ideally have 4 GH / Tac packs, as they score, and since GH's are OC3, that's going to be super important in this new edition.

 

My personal take? SW's used to be built on 750 points per HQ, and with a need for two Troops choices at a time, that tended to be useful. I'm not quite sure how to help best modernize that style of play, however, you seem a bit heavy on long range shooting right now, which is a good thing.

 

I simply suppose my question is more, do you feel that you have enough Troops? And just taking the minimum often isn't enough on its own.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.