Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Here's another list I'm working on, this one for another of my DIY Chapters, the Stormbringers. They are White Scars Successors, with a focus on bikes and transports, and fast vehicles and tanks providing heavy support.

 

 

Stormbringers (2000 points)

 

Space Marines: White Scars

Ironstorm Spearhead and Spearpoint Task Force (3 Detachment Points)

Purge the Foe/Reconnaissance

Strike Force (2000 points)


 

Kor’sarro Khan (80 points)

• Attached as: Leader (Character)

  • Warlord

  • 1x Anzuq

    1x Bolt Pistol

    1x Moonfang

Bladeguard Ancient (70 points)

• Attached as: Support (Character)

  • 1x Heavy Bolt Pistol

    1x Relics of Battle

Bladeguard Veteran Squad (180 points)

• Attached as: Bodyguard

  • 1x Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant

    • 1x Master-crafted Power Sword

      1x Neo-volkite Pistol

  • 5x Bladeguard Veteran

    • 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol

      5x Master-crafted Power Sword

 

Land Raider (245 points)

  • 1x Armoured Tracks

    2x Godhammer Lascannon

    1x Hunter-killer Missile

    1x Multi-melta

    1x Storm Bolter

    1x Twin Heavy Bolter

 

Suboden Khan (105 points)

• Attached as: Leader (Character)

  • 1x Heavy Bolt Pistol

    1x Onslaught Gatling Cannon

    1x Power Sword

    1x Stormtooth

Outrider Squad (80 points)

• Attached as: Bodyguard

  • 2x Outrider

    • 2x Chainsword

      1x Heavy Bolt Pistol

      1x Plasma Pistol

      2x Twin Bolt Rifle

  • 1x Outrider Sergeant

    • 1x Heavy Bolt Pistol

      1x Thunder Hammer

      1x Twin Bolt Rifle

 

Chaplain with Jump Pack (75 points)

• Attached as: Leader (Character)

  • 1x Absolvor Bolt Pistol

    1x Crozius Arcanum

Vanguard Veteran Squad with Jump Packs (110 points)

• Attached as: Bodyguard

  • 1x Vanguard Veteran Sergeant

    • 1x Plasma Pistol

      1x Relic Blade

  • 4x Vanguard Veteran

    • 2x Combat Shield

      4x Master-crafted Power Weapon

      2x Plasma pistol

 

Librarian (75 points)

• Attached as: Leader (Character)

  • 1x Bolt Pistol

    1x Force Weapon

    1x Smite

Intercessor Squad 1 (170 points)

• Attached as: Bodyguard (Battleline)

  • 9x Intercessor

    • 9x Bolt Pistol

      9x Bolt Rifle

      2x Grenade Launcher

      9x Knives and Fists

  • 1x Intercessor Sergeant

    • 1x Bolt Pistol

      1x Bolt Rifle

      1x Thunder Hammer

 

Rhino (70 points)

  • 1x Armoured Tracks

    1x Hunter-killer Missile

    1x Storm Bolter

 

Intercessor Squad 2 (85 points)

  • 4x Intercessor

    • 4x Bolt Pistol

      4x Bolt Rifle

      1x Grenade Launcher

      4x Knives and Fists

  • 1x Intercessor Sergeant

    • 1x Bolt Pistol

      1x Bolt Rifle

      1x Power Weapon

 

Impulsor (70 points)

  • 1x Armoured Hull

    1x Bellicatus Missile Array

    1x Ironhail Heavy Stubber

    1x Storm Bolters

 

Outrider Squad (160 points)

  • 5x Outrider

    • 5x Chainsword

      4x Heavy Bolt Pistol

      1x Plasma Pistol

      5x Twin Bolt Rifle

  • 1x Outrider Sergeant

    • 1x Plasma Pistol

      1x Thunder Hammer

      1x Twin Bolt Rifle

 

Gladiator Lancer (185 points)

  • 1x Armoured Hull

    1x Defensive Array

    1x Laser Destroyer

  • Enhancement: Redoubtable Machine Spirit (Upgrade)

 

Invader ATVs (70 points)

  • 1x Armoured Impact

    1x Bolt Pistol

    1x Multi-melta

    1x Twin Bolt Rifle

 

Invader ATVs (65 points)

  • 1x Armoured Impact

    1x Bolt Pistol

    1x Onslaught Gatling Cannon

    1x Twin Bolt Rifle

 

Land Speeder (105 points)

  • 1x Armoured Impact

    1x Multi-melta

    1x Onslaught Gatling Cannon

    1x Stormfury Missile Launcher

 

***

 

2k on the nose.

 

I've gone WS with Spearpoint Task Force, and put the last DP into Gauntlet Task Force to boost the transport mounted units. I realised this locks me into 2 Recon Detachments, and I'd rather have the flexibility of choosing. So Ironstorm will do the trick, some nice reroll buffs for the vehicles, and a 5+ inv for my main source of anti-tank is useful.

 

Suboden and Kor'Sarro and their squads roll around wrecking elite squads and characters.

 

The Librarian uses Force Dome to protect the Rhino Intercessors while they grab/hold a key Objective, the Impulsor (Razorback) Intercessors go after side objectives.

 

Big Outrider squad hits any big troop squads with twin bolters and charges.

 

The Lancer and Melta ATV (and the LR's lascannons, in between ferrying Kor'Sarro's squad) hunt enemy armour.

 

VanVets with Chappy and the Gat ATV go after smaller squads (home objective holders or backfield heavies)

 

Land Speeder likewise uses speed to pick on opportunity targets and grab last minute objectives.

 

Thoughts welcome!

 

 

 

Edited by Lysimachus
Changed 2nd Detachment
Link to comment
https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388635-white-scars-2k-list/
Share on other sites

Another, more specific question, now that I've got my Codex and loaded it into the app...

 

Regarding the VanVets, the list says 'All models in this unit can each have their Heavy Bolt Pistol replaced with 1 Combat Shield.'

 

I assumed 'all' meant 'all or none'.

 

But the app is letting me give plasma pistols to 2 (3 including the Sgt) and then swap the bolt pistols on the last 2 for shields. Meaning I get:

 

Sgt with Plasma Pistol, Relic Blade

2 Vets with Plasma Pistol and MC Power Weapon

2 Vets with Combat Shield and MC Power Weapon

 

The list has a green tick, showing there aren't any illegal choices, so I'm assuming it's allowed?

 

Edit: If so, I'm happy. I like the idea of making the squad loadout a bit more individualised, feels right for veterans?

 

 

 

Edited by Lysimachus
3 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Another, more specific question, now that I've got my Codex and loaded it into the app...

 

Regarding the VanVets, the list says 'All models in this unit can each have their Heavy Bolt Pistol replaced with 1 Combat Shield.'

 

I assumed 'all' meant 'all or none'.

 

But the app is letting me give plasma pistols to 2 (3 including the Sgt) and then swap the bolt pistols on the last 2 for shields. Meaning I get:

 

Sgt with Plasma Pistol, Relic Blade

2 Vets with Plasma Pistol and MC Power Weapon

2 Vets with Combat Shield and MC Power Weapon

 

The list has a green tick, showing there aren't any illegal choices, so I'm assuming it's allowed?

 

Edit: If so, I'm happy. I like the idea of making the squad loadout a bit more individualised, feels right for veterans?

 

 

 

It may get fixed in an update, but that's how Vanguard Vets have worked in the past so I would lean on that being right. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.