Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I post I made the other day got me thinking about this again, so I thought I'd post here and see what everyone else had to share. 

 

Back when my daughter was 2-1/2 she would often watch me paint my models and kept asking if she could do that too. So one day, I got out a few spare models from various armies and asked her which ones she liked the best. She immediately grabbed the Termagaunt I'd set out, so I gave her a pair of them to paint up. She had a blast and would always bring them out to show anyone who visited, her little project. One of these people was her uncle who was also big into the hobby. 

 

So, when her 3rd birthday roled around, he went out and bought her a Hive Tyrant. :sweat: We spent the day together building it (with wings, but using the standing lower half so it was more durable.) We chatted for a while while we worked and was fascinated that they could eat anything and kept thinking of things that she knew wasn't food and asking if Tyranids could eat them. 

 

Once all the glue was dry, she spent the rest of the day flying it around the house making munching sounds. 

It's been almost four years since then, and that model has seen A LOT of love. It looks more like a creature held together with far too much glue, wadded on paint, and sheer force of will, but it's still her favourite model, and every time we play, she always make sure to include it in her army. (Her Uncle never stopped giving her Tyranids as Birthday/Christmas presents, so she's got a sizable army now.) 

What kinds of fond memories do you have with your kids around the hobby? 

Link to comment
https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388654-40k-memories-with-our-kids/
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.