Fluff Competition

goggen

it has to be a specific person/race/entity

It also is a real existing quote written down somewhere, so look it up.

I know i'm badass, but thats because arelius didnt gave me the pts for the rankcolours at the CSQ's :P :P :P

Yes, this is a real quote, but I would not have got it if Stef hadn't pm'ed me with the source to check it out as backup.

I personally find quotes really difficult, and would have just guessed that 'the beast' was someone called Mark. :P

I must have really wound Stef up for him to have set this fiendish question on you. :D

It's from an article in WD (chapter aproved?) about necrons a while back. I can't rember the subject's name (Durio?) but Sergeant Bullen was one of those present.

The 'subject' is in such a state because of guilt. After seeing his command ripped apart by necrons he ran into a bunker and locked the door; locking the rest of his pltoon outside to die. This bloke was the only survivor.

The other person in the room was an Imperial officer but I can't rember his name or rank (Commissioner?).

:D Octavulg just PM'ed me that he found the answer to my question on the internet, which is enormously lame. I found out that 90% of you guys do that in this topic, i'm not going to bother anymore. Do as you like, but know theres no honour at all in you.

I only just found out that 'do not anger the machine god' is not in effect on this thread :D . A simple way round this is to do a search on the net for the answer to the question you are going to ask to make sure it can't be found that way.

I just did that with my current question. To my surprise you can find sites that mention Barghesi, but thankfully none have anything to do with 40k.

Hopefully this will seperate the fluff masters from the websearch whores (shame on all you who rely on them).

So again, who, what or where is Barghesi (in the 40k universe)?

Sounds a bit like an imperial curry...

But I have a vague memory of an Imperial Archivist/Historian/Rememberer with a name like that... Was Barghesi an Imperial Historian-dude?

@Stef: I have never used the 'net to answer a question in this thread. I may have guessed, ransacked every fluff-book in a four mile radius, but Never have I used the net. So one of us guys has honour at least.

Barghesi is not any form of historian-dude. The staus of Barghesi reguarding Imperial curries is unknown.

I have never used the 'net to answer a question in this thread. I may have guessed, ransacked every fluff-book in a four mile radius, but Never have I used the net.

Respect to you sir! Now get ransacking!

I would also urge that the 'Do not anger the Machine God' (no websearches) ruling be followed in this thread as well.

Otherwise it stops being a test of fluff knowledge, desparately searching through the stacks of WD, codices, rulebooks and BL books, and simply becomes a test of who can type the key-word into Google fastest. :D

All we can do is rely on the honesty and integrity of the players, but the only person they will be cheating is themselves.

The Wardens have spoken: NO WEB SEARCHES. NONE. ZERO. ZIP.

Stef: You can bother. Some of us still have our honor.

I'll ask a question one of my coaches asked my team: If you cheat on a test, how can you be proud of yourself?

Think about that next time you consider doing a web search.

*KA-KICK*

Archived