Knights of Angelus

Martyr

Here's the idea in a nutshell:

A Black Templar contingent is a little disgusted that they have such a rigid way of fighting the Eldar that they approach the Marshals about it. The issue is brought before the High Marshal who tells them that if they can get the High Lords of Terra to back them they may leave and form a new chapter. After about sixty years the request is granted along with the first of their new recruits.

They adhere to the Codex Astartes mostly, but do have slight variants. During a time when they where simply known by a chapter number one of the marines sacrifices himself to bring in the crippled strike criuser after teh captain of the ship is killed in battle. Planet re-entry and impact kills the marine.

The planet they landed on is a medeaval one. The group of knights who wanders onto the crash site mistakes the oratory they are given and come to believe that the fallen marine was the lord of the others as their own culture dictates. After a few more instance where the example of martyrdom is followed by more marines they take the name The Kights of Angelus.

Please give me some feed back on this. Every little bit helps. :unsure: :(

A few things:

If you haven't already done so, read this thread.

New chapters aren't formed by splinter groups, though nothing would stop you from making a Black Templar successor chapter with only minor changes to your fluff.

I would think that if Marines ever landed on an unknown planet, they would attempt to foster the Imperial cult while there, rather than one centered on themselves.

Depends.

If you were going with the theme of the splinter group, then i think that they would allow the culture to adapt to their presence in any positive way.

I think the idea's a little bland, and also, i think you're asking for a huge leap of faith when you ask people to beleive that a group of BT would walk up to the High marshall, tell him that he's wrong, and walk away UN-PURGED. But if the High Marshall knows the leader of this group personally, and the issue has been thrown around for quite some time.... so it was seen as a slow build up and now it's boiled over and not a Radical group of traitors demanding they not be picked on so much.

ALSO for this to work, the High Marshall of the BT at the time of the split would have to be PATICULARLY rigid in order for the high lords to not tell them to go purge themselves. I mean if he's just another high marshall and your guys talk to the high lords and are like "But he's too strick!" then they'll definatly have them purged. Noone wants a bunch of whiny :cuss for marines.

ALSO. I would throw something into the beginning of their history as a chapter to kick it up a notch. Like... They're builing their base and a WAAAAAGH ruins the party. The only help nearby is the BT, disgruntled from the break. Have a little conflict between leaders and tension on the battlefield. Then after enough lives are lost, the BT relize that these guys are still their brothers, begin to respect them, kick ork ass and leave otwn.

BAM!

Sincerely,

Icon

P.S.

How do y'all like my new stylish avatar? I saw they changed the picture on the old site, and i thought this was awesome...... It's so deliciously dark.....

I am not stating that they told the high marshal he is wrong. I AM stating that they do not believe that the rigidness of the fighting structure is needed. They, (like every marine in every story ever published by Games Workshop are entitled to their opion).

They have questioned and petitioned their superiors to be able to start a successor chapter. Then with the increased piracy on the lanes they traverse ultimatley the petion gets answered and they are allowed to start the new chapter.

As for the thread, I have read it and if we are going to use this thread as gospel why are there 7 chapters in this forum created by Inquisitors and no one says anything about that? :rolleyes:

Just to elinminate any further schisms, I am going to write in the fluff I have as soon as I get a chance. Should proably be around next wednesday. This way everyone can see what I am doing. What I was originally asking for is if anyone believed that any point listed above could create a problem that needed ironed out. I appriciate the comments so far and as I said before, I will write in more fluff and explain it as soon as I can.

Acutally on the first page of this forum (ie. active threads) I found.............0 chapters created by inquisitors. As for your marines starting a new chapter, why do it? It doesn't really add anything to their background and there seems to be very little reason why they would do it so why not just create an imperial fists successor which is like the black templars but individual.

Archived