Knights of Angelus Background

Martyr

Chapter Name: Knights of Angelus

Trait:Pious

Advantage:Suffer not the Alien to Live (Eldar specifically Dark Eldar)

Drawback: Death Before Dishonor

Special Rules: per Space Marine Codex

Chapter Symbol: Red Cross

Company Markings: None

Squad Markings: Per Codex, w/roman numerals per squad

Armor: Primary Color: Black

Secondary Color: Silver

Geneseed: Imperial Fist

Fleet Based Chapter Currently using a Planetary Assault Fleet

Theme: Medeaval Knights crossed w/ family and friends, Martyr background theme

My army startted out as a Black Templar army, but I wanted to use the new SPace Marine Codex. This meant I had to change the written history a little.

All of my characters are based on faily members or friends of mine. I have carefully paid attention to thire own interests to give them wargear, weapons, and stylize the model to represent them.

The current army consists of:

Master

Captain

2 chaplians

2 Libraians

Command squad for each

Veteran Squad

2 Techmarnes (1 w/ servitors)

2 dreadnoughts

1 Venerable Drreadnought

4 scout squads

2 terminator squads

Teraminator assault squad

2 assault squads

2 Land Speeder Squadons

4 Tactical Squads

2 Bike Squads

2 Devastator Squads

2 Land Raiders

Vindicator

3 Rhinos

Whirlwind

2 Razorbacks

Fleet cosists of:

Veneravle Battle Barge

Battle Barge

5 strike cruisers

3 firestorms

3 swords

8 cobras

3 gladius

Equipment Changes:

Combat Shield: represented by Tau shield generator

Storm Shields: Chaos Warrior Shield from fanatasy range

Unique Character Concept: Doomed Champion

Champion is loosely based on the concept of the Emperor's Champion.

Champion may be used in any type of squad. He takes the veteran sgt. position in the squad. The squad is limited to 5 models.

Concept: Champion leads a small squad of zealots from the chapter for special missions (Kill Team games). Once the objective has been secured they return the main army (40k games). The Champion is a warrior that knows that he is going to die. He accepts this knowledge willingly and meets every challege and order issued to him. The champion is selected by the Chaplain once a marine begins to walk the Path of the Martyr. All the squad has their armor reconsicrated after painting it white, the color of enlightenment.

History: I origanally used the Knights of Angelus in the 13th Black Crusade. I am going to work this into their history by putting in the battles the army actually particiapated in during the worldwide campaign. It has been brought to my attention that the Inquistion cannot found a chapter. To eliviate this the chapter has been formed to combat the Eldar/Dark Eldar threat to the Eastern Fringe. Members of the Black Templar were selected to train and lead the chapter. They have engaed the Tau as well on many occasions. I like the Martyr back theme beacause it sets the record staright from the beginning that they are very serious about what they do. Each is willing to give his life for his chapter and many have.

Battle Listing:

Daedelus Passification: Chapter initiation, lost Raphael Angelus of whom the Chapter

is originally named for.

Dark Wall Crusade: Fleet sent to quell Eldar after the Daedleus Passifiaction. Lasts for

38 years, multiple engements. More Later.

13th Black Crusade: Multiple engaegements in the conflict, more later.

Infestation of Absolon V: quelling a chaos cult of cenatur like worshippers.

Battle of Craxus Field: Dark Eldar ingagement in Craxus Asteroid Field.

Battle of Kragan's Pass: engaged Shiatan (Choas Space Marines) on dead world of

Bastillion III

Gradius Terras Incident: Chaos Marine Engagement (Kill Team Game)

Cleansing of Sedalat: Minign world under siege by Dark Eldar

Debalus Uprising: Shiatan (Chaos Space Marines) bringing about a revolt of the

people by using cults.

Dimernest Conflict: Eldar Craftworld claming world

Kigonest Conflict: Eldar Craftworld claiming world

Sky War of Phaethon: Largly arieal war using jumpack, aircraft, and skimmers

against the Night Lords.

BattleCry: "For the Martyr and the Emperor!"

Note: I keep a log of my battles and that is where the list comes from. Every engagement is written down in my notebook for history purposes of the chapter. As I sstated before, I have had the army for a while, I just needed to rewrite the initail conception.

Hmm sorry to ask but what kind of help do you need? as you seem to have some ideas already floating around ^_^

A few things that struck me were:

Equipment Changes:

Combat Shield: represented by Tau shield generator

Why is this? Does your army use Xenos technology? That could provide some nice fluff being obssessed with using "foreign" technology ;)

All of my characters are based on faily members or friends of mine. I have carefully paid attention to thire own interests to give them wargear, weapons, and stylize the model to represent them.

Im surprised you would do this as my family's interests dont seem to fit into the 40k world ;)

One thing I think you should do is perhaps give a bit more info such as battle organisation, combat doctrine and perhaps their origins as you seem to have a grasp on their recent actions but little about their origins ;)

Im surprised you would do this as my family's interests dont seem to fit into the 40k world

Wonder what he'll do if one of his family members collected small plastic army men and rolled dice ::cuss: What weaponry does that lead to?

Like Loki said, looking more at their organisation than the battles they have fought in. Some more background would be nice.

Ferrata

Thank you for your input guys.

The family interests include motorbiking, four wheeling (including trucks), and the like.

For weapons I am looking at people who collect swords, have intgerests in martial arts, who prefers a guns, etc. This is what will be used to model them.

The tau shield generators look like samll round shields. They connect to a space marine's arm very easily if you leave the peg on and glue it to the forearm of the marine. It has a nice medeaval feel to it when you look at it and doesn't look oversized.

The help I need is actually in helpng to write the background. I am trying to write it properly and have a problem in how the chapter was created. I have the why.

Well how the chapter was created is basically linked to why. The High lord of Terra point their bony fingers and say we want another chapter there and it happens. You dont need to say how they were really created unless your talking about why a local populace was chosen to be the recruits and base of operations ;)

Thank you most esteemed Ironloki!!! That is what I needed to know.

I believe that I am going to set up garrisons on worlds I fight on unless they are already in use by a chapter. This will help in my recriuting new marines. I'll have the trials set every ten years so that the chapter cane come in for new recriuts and keep their presence known.

I'll have the trials set every ten years so that the chapter cane come in for new recriuts and keep their presence known.

This might not be so good. For two main reasons:

1) If the chapter takes heavy loses in the first year after recruiting, they might rish extinction in the next 10 yars

2) The recruits need to be around 4-14 for recruitment. So if a 8 year old is missed in the first series, then he will be too old the next time.

It will be better to say the recruit when they need to

Ferrata

Archived