The Hunted

ironloki

Right thought I would just throw up a story I done (c.2000words but I dont thinks its too excessive :( ). Any opinions would be great as im not entirely happy with the end result for some reason but I've had the idea floating around my head so now its away I can focus on better things - Better out than in :D .

Its a working title ;) but any comments or criticism would be welcome (especially ideas on how to improve it) as I found my previous stories more fun (Perhaps im just depressed as its raining again :( :( )

Hope you enjoy it.

The Hunted

I would have to agree with Jimmy... very good plot, and a nice story to boot. It could use some polish on sentence structure in a few places, but other than that, very cool... :D

... just my 2 cents....

Damascas? I approve, wonderful place :lol:

I like this, it has a very good plot, and killing the main character is a very strong technique. I agree with the fact that the last sentance has to be changed, the change of tense does not work very well here, perhaps change it to;

"As the creature began to vanish into shadow, a familiar symbol appeared to be emblazoned onto its back, a symbol synonymous with the Imperium, the symbol of the Inquisition."

Thanks for this, I hope there is more to come :devil:

Ahmato

Looks good. I like the plot, and the tension-building is really good. The part with the assault cannon, and the description of the sergeant earlier on, are both cool. As above, the only real problem is the tense-change in the last sentence.

We want more! If that's alright, mr moddy person... :devil:

I Like It :tu: Over use of smilies before the story starts though :devil:

The ending does need rephrasing, just to give it more smacking power.

Quite shocked that its a story about your chapter getting its ass kicked though, though they never lost? :lol:

Ferrata

I like overusing smilies :tu:

Yeah im going to Edit the last line as I know its not in the proper tense (Was hoping someone could give me an idea to change it as I was too tired so thanks :lol:)

Yup i've got a habbit of overusing the same words so that will get changed in the morning when I find the little clone buggers- nice to have others proof read things as I always miss somethings.

Yup Ferrata if you check my other story my marines got whacked. I never like the whole heroic kick booty stories. I like stories of peril and marines going out with a bang ;) This does usualymean the death of my main character however and I did get a telling off once back in high school for doing that but its no fun having a happy ending :devil:

So thanks a bunch guys you've confirmed some of the things I was not happy with

++edit++

I kinda used Ahmato's last sentance the now as it looks good at the moment. Right im away to bed to heal my eyes ;)

A really nice story there IronLoki. I am a big fan of twist endings, so thumbs up. :tu:

It seems to be a bit of payback for the last story I read about your chapter, when the =][= acolyte was being hunted down by the marines. Is it linked, or is it just Karma coming back to bite them on the bum? ;)

While I can't really suggest any structural changes to the story, if you are interested I will pm you about some sentences that could benefit from re-wording.

:ot:

Do we have an offical place to post stories? Or is it generally post them in the chapters forum (i.e. A Ultramarine story in the Ultramarines forum, DIY in Liber, Nagorynth in the Nagorynth, some in Amicus)

Ferrata

Nah you just post it where you feel its best suited ^_^

Yeah thanks Aurelius that would be super :tu:.

Im thinking of working some more fluff with ties to the inquisition so that I can create yet more conflict.

;) thank you very much

Archived