Codex: Angels of Lament

the-betrayer

Seems pretty cool. A couple of quibbles though

where Grandmaster Uriel was waiting for them, he spoke of the falling of angels, of the betrayal that had occurred, he told them that the chapter must leave the planet and search for those that had fallen
Are you referring to THE fallen as in cypher etc?

As that goes against the 101 thread on DIY creation

Don't claim your Dark Angels successor chapter hunts the Fallen.

The established fluff clearly states that only the Unforgiven chapters (the DAs and their second founding chapters) are aware of the Fallen's existence. None of the 3rd founding or later chapters are aware of the Fallen. Your chapter is no exception. If you use the DA rules, there are plenty of reasons to provide an alternative fluff explanation for the

hey, thanks for the reply

By fallen I mean the chapters own personal fallen, i.e. the now rouge 4th company, not THE fallen, I couldn't think of a better way to name them, it's basically because I wonted to use the 'hunt the fallen' rule but couldn't really think of how, so I decided on a rouge company. Yeah that wakes since, they wont wonna wait around just because of a agreement if they need new troops, I

I personally think its good, but rather too Dark Angel like. I know their a 3rd founding, but their history (with the fallen) seems very similar to that of the DA. Im not sure of the "Hunt the Fallen" rule, but could it work with a hatred of chaos?

Besides that, looks good :P

Still not a fan of name changing though :blush:

Ferrata

I'm going to have to agree with the previous comments:

Every 50 years is too regular a timetable - the chapter's needs should dictate the frequency.

The fluff is a bit too similar to the Dark Angels, particularly naming the 4th company "fallen." Some other options might be:

dishonored, immoral, lost, perished, ruined, shamed, sinful, unchaste

...though I'd give some serious thought to changing things to make them less Dark Angel.

Another problem with the every 50 years is that you lose so many good recruits. As they have to be in a set age, 4-14, this means people we need to be born 4-14 years before they come to recruit, you losing 36 years worth of recruits, and some good people could come from that time

Ferrata

Im not sure if you need the falling of the chapter, but if you want to proceed with it, then go ahead. Maybe making them a later founding, and making them codex would remove some of the similarty. Keep them on their homeworld, as the DA lost their homeworld, so leaving it is similar. Colour scheme as well could be moved away, so unless you chosing it because youve started paintin gor like the colour scheme, I would look for a different one. I'll try to think of other possibilities

Ferrata

Archived