Chapter Logo Question

chronicles

I think its fine. If the colour scheme is nothing like the army your using the icon of, so if you have blue marines with the blood angel icon, theres no way you can have your army mistaken for the orignal

Ferrata

The Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists both use the same 'Fist' design, albiet in a different colour.

There is no integral problem with using a similar device, as long as you at least try to change it in some way, like for instance the colour.

If you don't but the work into distinguishing the symbol from the original, then you do run the risk of getting comments from people like 'Why are your deathwing wearing blue armour?' :blush:

Another thing you can try is combining two. For example in my army I use the Angels of Absolution hooded skull and put some scythes in the background and ur done (you could change the colours too both armour and symbol).

I ran a large DIY chapter using raven wing decals.

They were even painted black ,but I never had any trouble because I made it clear to my opponent that they were not raven wing.

It is IMHO to have something unique,but its getting very difficult to do as more and more people do DIY.

geb

Archived