theam for my DIY chapter

the-betrayer

hey all

I was wondering if there are any chapters based around Native american culture? or if any one had any idears on how i could work it?. I resently read the Deathwing story and I really wont to work that culture into my army.

Thanks in advance

Peace :mellow:

Well, there's the Dark Angels :mellow:

In my opinion they are a bit too gothic to be proper native americans though and since they recruit from more worlds than the one in Deathwing it makes sense.

It would be pretty easy to make a "Indian" chapter, there are plenty of others that take their inspiration from ancient terran cultures after all, even if they don't know it themselves. The White Scars are a good example, molded after the Mongolians (Jenghiz Khan etc.)

Background aside you could quite easily get an american indian feeling by combining marines with what you think represents indians. Overt and obvious visual elements are best. You could put feathers instead of purity seals on the marines, tomahawk power weapons for the sergeants and maybe large feathered heagear for officers or maybe just on chaplains/librarians (as shaman stand-ins)

This gives an army that will be recognizable from the many wild west movies but beware of actually believing in the stereotypes. Read some articles on the real deal first. No really! Read it, it can be quite educational. And, as Gary Morley (I think) said: you have to know the rules before you can break them. He was talking about sculpting orcs though, but I'm sure it applies here too :)

After watching a new Series in the US called 'Into the West' and just recently seeing Dances with Wolves I've beeg thinking about this very subject. I didn't want to jump right off and use stereotypical "Indian American" themes though. I plan on researching the various tribes/nations to understand a little of the culture. I'll based it off one tribe/nation or many which may include common themes.

Some traits/gaming elements I've been considering to include(just a brainstorming list of goodies)

1.infiltrating

2. tons of scouts and scout rules

3. tons of bikes

4. Space Wolf 13th company rules(i think very fitting for established non codex rules)

5. as mentioned Librarian heavy (shamans)

6. Snipers

7. Furious charge

8. lots of hard hitting fast attack.

Things to not include:

Armor heavy

Transport heavy

Big gun heavy

Terminators

Fluff themes: (all I can think of right now)

Harmony with the environment

Mistrustful of outsiders

Very big on being honorable

Archived