IA:Revenants

Krooter

Welcome!

If you are reading this you are one of the courageous few. Ever since getting involved in Warhammer 40k (a grand total of 2 years ago ;) ) I've had an idea on my mind. I love Chaos (and sometimes it whispers to me it loves me as well) and adore the colour scheme of the Word Bearers so decided that a DIY Chaos army was for me. This lead to the birth of the Revenants, my renegade Space marine army that has given itself over into not the Chaos Gods, but Chaos itself. If you are confused by now, let me explain. They don't worship Chaos, but they delight in spreading the beautiful thing. Sooooooooooo without further adeu, ladies and jellybeans, the Revenants!

Now, if I had written anything this is were it would be.

But I haven't, so help! My ideas so far are they were fleet-based, secretive & suspicious like the Dark Angels, and delight in causing problems for other chapters. They are the kind thats starts feuds between people, and then sits back and watches.

So running off those very x10 basic ideas, anybody brave enough to help?

Cheers

Scrivener Krooter :)

+EDIT+ And I found their motto: Manui dat cognitio vires

Knowledge gives force to the arm

Maybe they could take a leaf from the Alpha legion fluffwise, and use cultists or somesuch to spread trouble on Imperial worlds. If you wanted to impliment this game wise, maybe use C:SM and have a few squads of bedraggled looking scouts or something

Maybe they could take a leaf from the Alpha legion fluffwise, and use cultists or somesuch to spread trouble on Imperial worlds. If you wanted to impliment this game wise, maybe use C:SM and have a few squads of bedraggled looking scouts or something

Sorry, should have mentioned this beforehand. I am using Alpha Legion rules.

I've had a related, but notably different idea in my head for a while, though I don't think I'll ever build an army around it. So, I'll donate some of my ideas to you, such that they might see some actin in the real world.

40K Fluff portrays "chaos" as "wanton evil". However, there are plenty of fantasy/sci-fi examples of "chaos" being about random action, individual liberty above all else, and/or disorder. Things that can lead to what we might consider "evil", but which aren't necessarily evil in and of themselves. I think this is something that can be woven into a 40K Chaos army, particularly a "Chaos Undivided" army.

The Imperium is a system of crushing order where individualism is not only discouraged, but often considered outright heresey. My idea was for a fallen Space Marine chapter that had developed a belief that individual liberty outweighed all other considerations. They would be a chapter crusading to bring "true freedom" to all mankind - to show them the way to casting off yolks like faith, duty, obedience, and morality. And this chapter had developed a belief system that the forces of Chaos could be used to further this aim. In fact, in my idea, the fallen chapter's beliefs were so extreme that they though the Chaos Gods themselves were pretenders - misguided Warp entities that did not truely understand the importance of pure Chaos, and were instead lost in their own petty squabblings and attempts to enforce their will and desires on others. So, instead, these marines attempted to work with the energies of pure Chaos, following the way of Chaos Undivided.

My thought was to actually have this group having formed as a slpinter of Alpha Legion - a group that followed a very charismatic and influenctial Captain at the time of the Heresey. As the Emperor consolidated power and began crushing resistance, this group of marines became disillusioned, seeing that what they used to think of as a crusade to restore humanity's lost glory was, in fact, now becoming merely another subjugation of humanity by a powerful dictator. And thus begins the fall...

Now, one could argue that this is not necessarily an acurate "fluff" view of Chaos. To that point I'd say that just because these marines believe something about Chaos doesn't make it true. I'd leave open the possibility that these marines are completely misguided, and that in seeking to use Chaos to achieve their goals that have instead become pawns to powers they don't understand. Or, maybe they're on to something. Who can say?

Anyway, I wouldn't necessarily recommend all this stuff for your Chaos marines. But I throw it out here in case you might like some of the ideas, or in case it might spark some interesting idea in your head.

Good luck!

Archived