Hell's Angels

Shadow_games

Whats up, I've come up with a SM chapter, and I like the name Hell's Angels. Here is a 1000pt list, tell me what you think. Oh and, I'm stuck on the fluff part.

HQ

Master

2x Lightning Claws

Terminator hounours

Iron Halo

145pts

Troops

8-Marines w/True Grit

1-flamer

1-plasmagun

1-Sergent w/boltpistol, Powerfist

206pts

8-Marines w/True Grit

1-flamer

1-plasmagun

1- Sergent w/boltpistol, Powerfist

206pts

8-Marines w/True Grit

1x-flamer

1x-meltagun

1-Sergent w/boltpistol, Powerfist

206pts

1-Rhino w/Smoke launchers and extra armor

59pts

Heavy Support

7 Marines w/ Sergent

4x-Missle Launchers

3x-Bolters

185pts

Total Models = 35 + Rhino

I agree w/ CaptainPalladorus. Hell's Angels (being the name of a prominent biker gang) would suggest a Ravenwing like army with lots of bikes.

As for fluff, look up the real Hell's Angels and modify their story so 40,000 years or so. Going from bad to good in a 40K atmosphere can make some very good fluff. (It would put it in the same vane as the Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, Exorcists...)

That might help you some.

My two coppers

Belial out.

To be honest hell's angels just doesn't sound very space marine-y to me.

(It would put it in the same vane as the Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, Exorcists...)

When did the exorcists go bad?

Well...from a certain point of view, it could be said that every single marine has gone to the other side and redeemed himself, since they are all exposed to daemonic possession during their training, in order to harden them to extra-spatial influence.

Edit: Every single exorcist, that is.

Should'nt this be Chaos? :P

Chaos answer to the White Scars I guess...

We'll I don't think this guy was making this army to be as the orginal heall's angels. Though he should use another name, letting sombady else making a Bike Legion... :(

:cuss ^_^

Being hell's angels the most famous bikers in the world, they should be a white scars chapter

BIKES!!!!!!!!

You should use the White Scars rules, but my logic was, the Hell's Angels had a major rival for the better part of the century that almost no one has heard of, called the Mongols. So since the White Scars are based on Mongolian culture, the Hell's Angels should be a rival chapter instead of just a branch of the White Scars, sort of like the Dark Angels and Space Wolves or the Blood Angels and Ultramarines.

To be honest hell's angels just doesn't sound very space marine-y to me.

(It would put it in the same vane as the Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, Exorcists...)

When did the exorcists go bad?

Weren't they the other crusading chapter included in the WD Badab campaign? If I'm mistaken, then I'll take my lumps.

Belial Out

Whats up guys, thanks for the commments. I read some history of the real Hells Angels. They were originally a Bomber B-17 group from WW II, named after the fictional fighter squadron in Howard Hughes' movie "Hells Angel's." It is true that they are the oldest and most famous Motorcycle club in the world, but they got their name from the bomber squadron (if i remember correctly). If you guys want to read more about it the official web site for the Hell's Angels motorcycle club is :http://www.hells-angels.com/default.htm

I was thinking of having Hell's Angels as a hybrid between White Scars and Raven Guard. What do you guys think? Again, thanks for the comments.

Cheers.

Archived