Jade Shadows +IA+

duront

+++ INQUISITORIAL REPORT +++

My Lord Inquistor, as per your request I have tracked down and investigated the rogue chapter known as the Jade Shadows. My Lord Inquistor your servant begs forgivness for I could not gather all the information you requested, I submit what I have found and I pray to the emperor it is sufficent.

INDEX ASTARTES:

Jade Shadows

Origins

Forgiveness my Lord Inquistor but the history of this rogue chapter proved to be the hardest part to uncover, what I have found out may prove to be false but here is the infomation. The appear to be a succesor chapter of the Salamanders chapter (from which I received this information), shortly after the 7th founding the Salamaders went on a crusade to the planet Xi' jas to combat a incursion by the forces of chaos. I could not find a report on the retaking of the world but it appears the tratiorus legion of tzeentch released a powerful wave of chaotic power that corrupted the planet into a twisted jungle filled with feral beasts. A chaplian named Riltho killed the sorcerer but was too late to stop his power feeling responsible for this planets corruption, he begged his chapter master to let him create a chapter on this planet and he will cleanse this planet and make it suitable for the emperor. The chapter master granted him the request and granted him the marines and materials neccesary to build a Monastary. This is where I lose track of this chapter for many years until the chapter interfered with a Inquitorial exterinatus of a orc infested planet, when prompted by the Inquistion to leave the system or they will be fired upon, their battle barges engaged and crippled the Inquistional ships. The Inquistion retreated and within the week returned to find the Jade Shadows chapter exiting system, when the Inquistion scanned the planet only a few broken orc bands were left. With the chapters obvious heresy their immediate disbandment was ordered and a fleet was sent to renforce the edict. When the Inquistion arrived at Xi' jas they found the chapter waiting for them, a comminque was sent to the Grand Inqusitor of the fleet, a marine in green armor with a black helment on appeared, his voice was wraith-like and numerous shiphands called it a devil "Servants of the Inquistion, you have come looking for something you will not find. You have come here to understand something you can't comprehend, and you have come here to destroy something you cannot touch. The shadows of this planet will protect us, come if you will, we will wait in the darkness." The inquistion launched a scout force to the planet only a scarmbled vox cast came back "My Lord inquistor we have landed, this planet is nothing but jungle, the men are straining to see in the darkness *ZZZZZZZ* ....y Lord! we are surround by someth *ZZZZZ* ....hing in the trees I think it's a ani... *zzzzz* ...uge beast everywhere, Send Re.. " Your humble servant can only speculate that the native fauna attacked the scouts, The grand Inquistor ordered a exterminatus when the astropath interupped with a order from the High Lords of Terra to leave the chapter and renforce a local system from a Hive fleet. The fleet left and was destroyed by the xenos scum, since then the imperium has left the Jade Shadows be, but it will not be long before another fleet is sent. This is where my investigations ceased, I will attempt to contact this chapter once I have sent this report and fill the missing gaps.

Home world

Xi' jas is the deathworld the Jade Shadows call home, numerous villages of unenlighted humans live in the mountains of the planet to avoid the jungles and the creatures inside. These villages are apparently where the chapter recruits it's new battle-brothers. They share a similarity with the Space Wolves in thier recuitment process, The apothecaries seekout the strongest hunters of the villages and recruit them into the chapter.

Organization

The orginzation is broken into a hierarchy similar to a hunting pack, there a numerous compaines that report to the chapter master. Each leader of the diifrent compaines is left to its devices until it is called upon by the Master to act.

Combat Doctrine

I have only the records before their heresy, but it appears they have no tanks, whether this is prefrence or nessisty is yet to be seen. I have seen combat vids of them using guerilla tactics with Tactical and devastor squads. With the absence of tanks, they depend upon Dreadnoughts for armor support, all though stealth is this chapters forte there are many assualt squads that use jetpacks to a deadly degree.

Beliefs

+++ DELETED BY INQUSTORIAL DECREE+++

Gene-Seed

+++ DELETED BY INQUISTORIAL DECREE+++

Battle-Cry

"Only in the shadows will we rest!"

+++ END REPORT +++

The Jade Shadows use the traits:

"Trust your battle brother"

"See, but don't be seen"

Disadvatages:

"Flesh over steel"

"Die Standing"

They use infiltrating devs and tacs with dreads and assualt marines for CC

remember that only the High Lords can authorise new chapters, and only teh Mechanicus can create them.

So I would change the origins - after all, a chaos infested world probably isn't worth protecting to be honest

Your right about the high lords parts, I'll fix it as for the chaos world, he chose to stay there to repent for his failure (unable to stop the chaos sorcercer from doing this). Due to the harshness of this world it also make a perfect training ground for new marines.

Archived