Creating a Chapter.

As the title suggests, I'd like some suggestions and advice on how to go about creating a new Chapter using the DIY system. I realize that this topic has probably been covered before in a general sense, but what I need is pretty specific.

Anyway, what I'd like to do is create a Chapter that is somewhat generic, and move on from there. Eventually, I'd like to give the Chapter a humorous flavor, and they shall be named 'the Emperor's Holy Postmen'. As the colour scheme, I was thinking of a 'United Parcel Service' (otherwise known as UPS) kind of deal. The name is my initial problem of course, and I'd love some advice on that. I was thinking something like:

'The Emperor's Almighty Mailmen', or EAM for short. Let the suggestions (flame-free, of course) run free!

There are a number of relevant threads in the +Liber Astartes+ forum that can help you out.

To help us help you out, though, we'll need more specific information. Don't expect serious replies, though, when the premise of your DIY Chapter is a joke.

Also, I'm moving this to +Liber Astartes+ now.

We have lots of fun stuff over in Liber, like the Ultimate DIY Creation Thread.

If your wanting to do a postal army, I suggest reading "Going Postal", its a good book and shows the Postal Service in a humours light

Don't expect serious replies, though, when the premise of your DIY Chapter is a joke.

Depends if he's going for an all out joke, which everyone will join in with jokey ideas, or a chapter based on something wierd.

Ferrata

Man, all you need is some historical knowledge of the Pony Express.

Then, use a straight Codex army - right out of the Codex. Since the uniforms of the USPS or UPS are incredibly dull - may as well have the organization of the Chapter.

(Which, btw, I think the Codex armies are the better choice since it provides the most flexibility in game - tbut tha is just my opinion).

:blush:

Well, I am going for a rather light-hearted army, rather than the usual gothic, serious type. I actually did decide on using the UPS colour scheme for the army since (it being as ugly as it is) it really defines the word 'postal worker'.

So yes, this could be considered an all-out 'joke' army, and I would like some advice in the respect of which traits to choose (I'm planning on a moderate to high diferentiality). Thanks for the help, all! :P

I haven't seen anyone bring veteran Devastators to the party. Nothing like lots of heavy weapons for 'going postal'! Maybe TYBB, as well.

UPS? Cargo-nazi brown? Are you sure you want to do that? Why not USPS (US postal service) blue instead?

Some bikers done up as Pony express (perhaps with letter bombs, errr... I mean Demo Charges?) with all the saddle bags you can pile on?

Archived