D'koi vs. Daemonbomb Word Bearers!

Decoy

Alright, alright. You guys asked for this repeatedly, so here it is. Finally got ahold of a guy for you all. He had to travel an hour; I hope you're all happy.

He had four Chaos squads and a Havoc squad, with a Dreadnaught sitting off to one side, very well converted, may I add. His Lord was with a squad, and that's about it.

T'lash sat astride his bike, conversing with his Storm Claw bikers about the coming battle. They knew that the enemy camp lay below; The enemy didn't know of them. There were plenty of ruins, and T'lash had every intention to use them to full advantage. Two squads of Wulfen lay at his disposal, summoned from deep within the warp by Rune Priest Korlo, two full fifteen-wulf squads, ready and chomping at the bit to be let loose. It was all Wolf Priest Cam could do to hold them in check until the battle.

T'lash silently ordered his army to move foreward; The two squads of Wulfen slowly, too slowly, creeping through the ruins. Storm Claws flanked them, with Leader Hoare ever present. The bikes, when the rest of the army was in position, roared through the dense underbrush and ruins, tearing out of the vegetation eagerly. They thirst for blood!

Continuing on their headlong charge, the bikers roared across the field of battle, too quickly, leaving their comrades behind. They cared not. Chaos would pay for their isolation in the Warp! Rune Priest Korlo shifted through the warp, Daemons tearing at his mind as he did so, but failing to cause any harm. The Long Fangs squad that he transported prepared for the lurch back to reality; as soon as they rematerialized, the Long Fangs let lose against the Dreadnaught that they landed in front of. They blew the lascannon off of one, while one shot went astray, barely glancing the beast. The third shot, however, blew off one of the legs of the chaos-touched near-immortal, immobilizing the fell beast. Slamming into the enemy lines, one biker squad into a Word Bearer's squad each, there was very little that could survive; Lightning claws stabbed, powerfists fisted. There was nothing left of two full squads of Word Bearers. T'lash knew that he had to destroy the icon-bearers of the enemy, so that the Daemons could not be summoned to this world. If they were to do so, there may be Hell itself to pay.

The Word Bearer Chaos Lord Drakrecal snarled as the wolves tore down upon his lines; He knew that they were quick, but he had no idea that they were in the area, let alone this star system! They used the Warp almost as well as he and his Daemons. He roared, and charged foreward, his retinue of Word Bearers following after him. Random bolterfire flared, and by the time that he was in position to assault the enemy, Drakrecal could see only the corpses of four Wulfen. They grinned from a fair distance away from him, waving with their clawed paws. A thunder-hammer bearing Marine, a leader of some sort, brandished the powerful weapon with a huge, toothy grin. Drakrecal knew, then, that he had misjudged, and made a horrendous mistake.

T'lash grinned from atop his bike, roaring it foreward faster, slamming into a line of Word Bearers, scattering them into confusion, while his supporting Storm Claw bikers let out a hail of bolterfire before crushing into the fray behind their Lord, between them all, killing the squad in it's entirety, leaving nothing that wasn't on a bike alive. Wulfen, spying an easy meal, converged swiftly upon Word Bearer Lord Drakrecal, one pack meeting the other at their goal, intent only upon the slaughter. The Wulfen tore into the Chaos Marines, ripping and tearing at flesh, bone, and hair, and far too soon for the Wulfen, the combat was over, leaving only the Chaos Lord alive.

Just when he thought it was over, Drakrecal looked up, and was met, eye to eye, with the Wolf Priest Cam standing a mere five feet away from him. Cam raised a hand, palm up, to Drakrecal, curling his fingers inwards. Drakrecal howled loudly, diving foreward and swinging his corrupted Chaplain weapon.

Cam easily sidestepped the first swipe, dodged the second, and only the third connected, but the amulet around his neck flashed, sending the Crozius flying backward.

Drakrecal ducked back from the Wolf Priest; This was a battle ten thousand years in the making, Chaos Chaplain versus 13th Company Chaplain. Cam's own strikes struck true, but the Crozius of Drakrecal flashed, deflecting every slam of the Thunderhammer. This battle would last longer...

Drakrecal, relieved to have the pressure of the battle slack for just a moment, reached up into the Chaos-tainted sky, and three flashes arced down, crashing into the ground. Plague Bearers tore their way up from the touseled earth behind the Storm Claw bikers, while Berserkers materialized right next to the surprised Wulfen. Daemonettes poofed with pink smoke into the area next to the Storm Claws led by Leader Hoare, and the true battle was on.

The Storm Claw Bikes drove behind the various rock outcroppings that the last battle had taken place in, waiting for the plague bearers. The shadows crept closer, closer...

Leader Vjon revved his engine and shot out of cover, slamming hard into the enemy, lightning claws flashing, and downing seven of the ten beasts on his own. Taken aback, the remaining Plaguebearers groaned, swiping at the fast-moving Vjon, but finding nothing but armor plating. As they swung at the biker, the remaining two bikes roared over small hills, crashing on top of the three remaining Plaguebearers, powerfists smashing the plague-ridden demons into a pulp.

The Bloodletters of Khorne roared in their half-goat language, charging forth, cloven hooves pounding the ground as they attacked the backs of the Wulfen. As the hellish weapons arced down, however, the Wulfen turned, snarling and howling, claws flashing swiftly and painfully.

The weapons of the Bloodletters never struck. They slid from the hands of their owners, falling to the ground as the bodies of the Bloodletters crumpled to the ground. The Wulfen chortled to each other, and even the other Wulfen squad chuffed to their partners before turning their attentions back to Drakrecal.

The Daemonettes charged the squad of Wolf Pack Leader Rielly N. Hoare. Their seductive sways and their scented skin did their work all too well; All of Hoare's men fell to the accursed beings. Hoare, gripped in the fury of the Wulfen, arced his Lightning Claws out of their sheathes, wading into the squad of Daemonettes, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. Six Daemonettes died to his fury before the rest closed in, holing him up under sheer bodies.

The attacks of Cam had knocked Drakrecal senseless, despite the blessings of the Dark Gods. He recovered, but slowly, raising himself from the ground.

Standing above him, clad in shining armor, spotless in the glare of the sky, stood Cam, his hammer raised high. Surrounding him, as the retinue of the Gods themselves, the Wulfen snarled, but did not move, at their leader's command.

Hoare snarled and flailed as the Daemonettes giggled, taking swift shots at his terminator-clad form. The biting claws of the beastlings dug deep past his armor, but the ward of his Terminator armor held true, despite four penetrating slices through the exterior. Even the regular blows of the enemy bounced off of his form. It was as if the Emperor himself was infused within Hoare.

Cam spoke with a power unknown by any demagogue of the Word Bearers.

"Crimes against Humanity and the God-Emperor cannot be tolerated. Here, you die. "

Hoare stood, surrounded by the bodies of his enemies. One claw was stuck deep into his shoulderpad, and his face was scarred numerous times, but still he stood, Wolf Guard Pack Leader Rielly N. Hoare. Blood dripped from a dozen wounds, but none of them his.

Drakrecal saw Cam, highlighted by the light, the Wulfen outlined in the sky, with a red halo of the Emperor's fury in a circle above the Wolf Priest's head.

The hammer fell.

For reference here, I lost approximately ten to twelve men, whereas the Word Bearers lost their entire army by the end of Turn 2. (Yes, you heard that right.) EDIT: My bad, turn 2.5. Hehe... Guess you heard it right, I just didn't say it right.

Final thoughts on DH? Nothing really to worry about, if you're a decent 13th Player. If more Daemons than this are possible, more power to them; I'm unimpressed with Daemons, always have been, and always will be. Especially Plaguebearers.

I'm impressed by Daemonettes, having lost three games because of them.

I don't worry about the other Daemons too much, anytime that I can go first on initiative 5 my Lords can usually kill enough to reduce the impact. Daemonettes on the other hand reduce initiative. Going after or at the same time as a unit with rending claws is almost the same as not going at all.

Chaos Marines don't trouble me. Chaos Dreadnoughts, when they rage into combat, are nasty but can be dealt with (as long as you have a power fist handy (looking at his nice new Wolf Priest with power fist)) Even Chaos Lords can be dealt with, though usually after suffering a few casualties. Daemonettes are just... just... I don't have words to express my dislike of Daemonettes.

Excellent bat rep. Congrats on a complete slaughter :D . I always wanted to see a wulfen v/s bloodletter battle <_< . Love the story driven bat rep. Great Job! :D Between your bat reps and spryer's tactica I'll be chompin at the bit to start the 13th.

I find that Wulfen vs. nearly any regular Daemon is a win for the Wulfen - Wulfen are strong enough and fast enough to deal out a lot more damage than they typically recieve when fighting Daemon packs. Bloodletters are scary against most things, but I'm very confident that a Wulfen pack can handle 'em. <_<

Thanks for the comments, guys. I've always loved writing, so this comes naturally to me, but I've noticed, especially in this one, that my old format of Batrep makes itself known occasionally. I actually had to reread it and correct things like my usage of the word "Turns" ( "in the hopes that they could survive for a few more turns" was changed to Moments, if I remember correctly.)

At any rate, I'm glad that you're enjoying the new style, because I enjoy writing it like this. Seems we've reached a mutual compromise.

For reference, my number of batreps may die down to perhaps two to three a week, as my job is now quite prevailing in my life. <_< Just a heads up.

Archived