The Truesight Musketeers

Cash3w

In my constant quest to come up with an original theme for an army I got my inspiration from a crappy movie. The name of the movie escapes me at the moment, but that isn't what it is important. I had my theme, Musketeers. I then had to work out the details of the company of the "Truesight Musketeers" that I would create. I looked to my second love, politics, for further inspiration. As I was working out the fluff in my head I thought to myself "space marines have throne down their loyalty to the emperor for power and control, but could they have another motive".

I thought and I thought.

I got it!

Anarchy!

Yes!

An ancient radio tranmission from Terra would finally reach a remote outpost where the 7th Company of the Trueshot Musketeers is stationed and infect the mind of the commander.

The ideal of order without leaders and oppresion would drive these Marines to rebel.

Now that I had my motive for my marines to throw off the oppresive shackles of the imperium I need something that would drive them to do it.

That's where you guys come in.

Any ideas?

I am totally stuck. The 7th Company Needs your Help!

General C&C is also appreaciated on the look and feel of the chapter as well.

Here is the fluff I have finished:

Truesight Musketeers

++GENESEED++ Imperial Fists

++FOUNDING++ 16th

++SYMBOL AND COLOR SCHEME++ Starburst representing muzzle flash of their long rifles. Chapter colors are green, yellow, brown. Also commonly affliated with blue and white checkers on their tabards and banners.

++CHAPTER MASTER++ Victor D'Uptonia

++CHAPTER HISTORY++ Establised in the 16th founding the chapter found it's home on the small desert world of Estr'val (Which is in a binary star system likewise known as the Estr'val system) in the far eastern rim of the galaxy. The founding was unusually small due to the speicific task these marines were designed to preform. Combat at extreme range. The thought process being that, why send a large group of marines to defend small population centers when you could just better equip fewer marines for the task. They are aided in this with genetically superior optic nerves and marginally increased reflex times, along with enhanced optic and neural implants. The marines are trained from creation with one weapon they carry through out their lives. Unlike other chapters the role of scouts and combat snipers are not just filled only by new marines these are often considered positions of honor. Accuracy and cunning are rewarded and praised highly. The marines are meticulous in nature leaving no detail in or outside of combat unexamined.

Primarily the chapter has been misused by the empire. It was created to protect the far eastern rim from Xenoforms and heretics and compared to the other chapters founded in this period they have seen very little action. But this has left them time for other things, honing their craft, documenting their chapters history, thinking hypothesizing, creating new and radical strategies. They are true intellectuals among the space marines. Their proformance at the battle of Armageddon has fallen into legend. Stories of small groups of well hidden space marines eliminating vast numbers of Orks without the crooked Xenos suspecting a thing. But in the end, as with most chapters envolved in the campaign to save the planet they had suffered heavy looses. They returned to the eastern rim only to find the space they onced protected ravaged by Orks. They went about the long process of cleansing the Xenos from their sector.

++CHAPTER HOMEWORLD++ Estr'val

++CHAPTER ORGANIZATION++ High Command, Fleet Command, Company (Represented by color of ring around shoulder pad) - Regiment (represented by symbol on shoulder pad).

++COMBAT DOCTRINE++ Ranged Combat.

++CHAPTER STANDARD++

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/hactardac/coolbeans.jpg

The 6 regiments of the 7th Company

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/hactardac/first6regiments.png

++ADDITIONAL INTELLIGENCE++

Recently 90% of the 7th Company has gone missing after a recent conflict with suspected heretics/subversives. Thought dead. Possible heresy. Dispatch 4th company and Grand Inquisitor Ullon have been dispatched.

I think I have it figured out at this point. I see my idea isn't all that well recieved. I think I have it figured out though. But I need a map of the 40k galaxy and I need to know where to find those blank templates for space marines like in the Index.

Just painted the template from the GW wesite, Coloured it in, copied it into a paint program and then added a background etc :tu:

I looked there and couldn't find it. Can I get a link?

Oh, and I need to know what sector of the galaxy orcs are in.

Oh, and I need to know what sector of the galaxy orcs are in.

Orcs are in the Warhammer world, in space their called Orks :tu:

Orks are pretty much everywhere in the universe, so thats good.

If your planning on playing the 7th company, I would not do a IA format fluff. This only works well with full chapters, but go with some other way (I went with an Inquistors report). The basic information seems good.

Ferrata

Now that I had my motive for my marines to throw off the oppresive shackles of the imperium I need something that would drive them to do it.

That's where you guys come in.

Any ideas?

I am totally stuck. The 7th Company Needs your Help!

Hmmm... I had to stew on this a while. Since you like Politics, I tried to adapt a little Anakin turning action along with the traditional Musketeer theme.

The Musketeers are tasked to protect the local planetary governor as their tithe to the planetary government to use their world for recruiting and have a fortress monastary. As such, marines typically are present when the governor recieves communique's through his channels. The Musketeers can usually corroborate the psychic transmission with communications destined to hit them.

Eventually, the Musketeers discover that the Governor doesn't tell the Administratum the whole truth. The find that the Government is taking a skim of the tithes for their own use and doctoring numbers to justify the smaller tithes. While this impuned the honor of the Marines, they bit their tongue and let the Administratum take care of the planet's government. However, the Administratum never came to investigate. The Company's Librarians began an inquiry and discovered decades of scheming and stealing without any consequences. They began to look at their own resources and discovered ways of scheming to get additional resources for themselves.

After their successess, they began to crave more, but in order to do that they had to get more control of the planet. With time on their side, the 7th Company's command began to take a more pro-active interest. Eventually, the Marines and politicians were working side-by-side to direct the course of the planet. The Governor began to let his guard down to his bodyguard/advisors to the point where he let it be known his disdain for the Emperor. This shocked the Marine but his logic was sound enough to pass the Marine's scrutiny. To test the Governor's theory, they sent a bogus request for aide to assist in putting down an Ork uprising.

No help came.

The only response was a highly distorted signal from Terra dating some 38,000 years old. In it they were able to interpret one phrase, "We will not bow down to the <garbled> oppression!" These ancient words pre-dating even the Emperor himself shook the Marines to the soul. Those words directly contradict the High Lords of Terra and proved the Governor right!

Solidifying the Governor's words. The Marine's began to actively assist in allowing the planet to succeed from the Imperium. Knowing that they can't just leave the Imperium, they use their Ork uprising to say that the isolated 7th company is besieged by an Ork Waaagh and that the Musketeers can't hold against so many Orks and were preparing to die honorably in combat. The response again was silence. Being such a remote world, the Imperium had bigger problems to address at the moment and now the Musketeers and their worldly outpost were considered dead and lost.

Now I'll leave this to you all for C&C.

Belial Out.

Yes I know the thousand thing has been done, but in your case it's more appropriate since musketeers are ofren proceeded by numbers. Besides, how many words DON'T get reused between chapters? Something like half the ^_^ chapters much have "Angels" in the name. This angels, angels of that, yadda yadda. There is no rule saying you can't re-use half a name.

Archived