IA Style Article:

>>>Geneseed: Lion el Jonson/Corax<<<

>>>Loyalties: Loyalist/Radical<<<

>>>Deathwatch: Brother Quarzo<<<

>>>Legio B&C: Brother Sergeant Hasoroth<<<

>>>Backround<<<

Founding...13th (Dark)

+++++++++++

The Guardians of Nagius or the Guardians as they were known back then were the first experiment to create ultimate warriors withought resorting to using heretic primarch DNA. The culmination of this was the Guardians chapter. The view was that they would be loyal to the emperor and they would combine piousness with stealth and tactics. Drawing a veteran sergeant from the Raven Guard the first initiate of the Guardians chapter was trained personally and when his skills were high enough the iniate was given off to the retinue of an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor. The initiate who went by the name of Coria finished his training in the band of the inquisitor and returned to the Adeptus Mechanicus on the planet Mars. Here, in the geno vats recruits taken from where Coria himself had grown up in (Terra) were being implanted with the progenoid glands. Sickened with the methods that these holy warriors were created, he endured this technique until a company of marines were ready, a decade from that moment. Gathering his company he led them on what seemed to be a normal field practice, where the objective was to capture a downed Strike Cruiser which, suspiciously could hold a hundred marines exactly. Leading his men up, Coria blasted at dozens of surveillance servitors claiming that no one outside the company was friendly in this excercise.

Leading up to an undefended gunboat, the marines took posistions inside, waiting for the horde of combat servitors that the Tech-Adepts were sure to unleash to weed out the lazy ones who were lax, percieving the mission the be finished. Meanwhile, Coria, going by himself, went to the bridge of the ship, and brought the servitors that monitored the ships systems back to life. The suprise of the marines was great when the blast doors clamped down and lights sprang back to life. Then the engines rumbled, the doors locked, and the beached ship lifted back into the skys again.

Coria could not risk bringing the ship out of orbit where the guns of Mars could destroy them, so, he attempted a manuever that is kept under lock and key in the Naval academies of the Imperium. He attempted a warp jump withought breaking through orbit or going through a warp gate.

The trip was hard, and the marines endured a full seven months of random jumping through warp space. And still they knew not where they went or what had happened. All they knew was that they were stuck in the main body of the ship and that there chapter master had deserted them.

Then on the last day of the hazardous warp journey, there chapter master gave his first speech to them.

"Men, brothers, comrades. The emperor has gifted us with powers beyond us when we were citizens on the most holy planet Terra. Though we are young, some of you are a mere 21 years of age we are strong. The order of Mars were tasked with creating us, the pinnacle of warfare by the Emperor. But now they have debased us, turning us into half humans with all manners of organs and glands! Are we not mutants? The thing the Imperium hates? I accept that I have wronged by taking you withought your leave, but I have a grand plan for our chapter! We will find a planet of our own! We will find a way to create ourselves withought turning us into parodies of the Emperors people! We will show the Adepts of Mars for what they really are!" With the conclusion of this speech, a roar from the marines broke through and the locks lifted. With the acceptance of his men, Coria steered the ship out of the warp and into the system of Nagia.

+++

Upoun reaching the planet the marines realized a great problem. They had no shelter, no food, and the chances of finding a way to produce space marines withought resorting to implantations was very small. Yet there confidence was not shattered and upoun landing in the mountains, to obscure there entrance to the worlds inhabitants, they discovered a monastery carved into the side of the mountain which utilized primitive technology. The way the Guardians liked it. And from then on, the refuge of the run away chapter was called the Mountain of Light by the people of the planet, referring to the landing of the strike cruiser.

+++

The renaming...

+++

The chapters numbers grew not but remained steady at a hundred marines. Then one dark night, a routine patrol of marines stumbled upoun a crater in the mountains. Inside, daemons with vampiric visages nested, flapping around at times or feeding off a carcass. Deciding to go back for reinforcements, a certain Brother Jaclois distubed a pile of rocks which awoke the horde of ravening monsters. Setting upoun them, Brother Jaclois repented his actions and hurled himself at the daemon things, barrelling his way through them. Coming out of the group he looked directly at another daemon, a floating snake thing with 3 heads. Instead of attacking him on the spot the snake thing said "Slayer of Darkness" and the first Chaplain was born. Turning around, the Naga fired a stream of warp energy bursting the vampires to shreds. Turning back to Jaclois the Naga (as they are known by the original populace) said "The answer you seek is in their blood in return for my help, defend my world." and with a flash the daemon was gone.

The news that a way of producing marines withought resorting to debasement brought a surge of hope in the chapter. But Coria had to concede one point. They needed a follower of mars to study the blood to ensure it was pure. With that the first purifier was born. The first Purifier was a man who went by the name of Khal. Instead of going to Mars to learn, he conducted his own tests of his own scientific design to see how the blood reacted to holy artefacts and foul effigies.

Lastly, an elite corps of Brothers, made from the first ten Guardians after Coria were given the few jetpacks in the army and they were too hunt for iniates worthy of entrance to the chapter. Eventually, the story that a benevolent being of the warp had supplied Jaclois with the information too create new recruits meant that the chapter began too worship the Naga alongside the Emperor and with the Naga's wish spread across the ears of the Guardians, they changed there name to the "Guardians of Nagius"

(Fluff will be finished section by section)

Great fluff, you've obviously put effort in to it. However there are a few weak points in consideration to other fluff.

1: SM are NEVER part of an Inquisitors retinue.

2: Surely the space marine in the crater would have attacked the Naga deamon upon sight if he attacked the vampire deamons.

3: You need the implants to be a space marine otherwise they're just genetically altered like the Adeptus Custodes and some inquisitors.

Ah yes interesting point. I'll asnwer each one.

1: I was unaware but I was going to write a part saying that the training accosiated with Coria was to improve his experience so that a veteran would not need to be taken from another chapter to lead it. So a special exception in this case.

2: Jacolois was about to attack but was taken aback by the words "slayer of Darkness" giving a chance for the Naga to prove its worth by slaying the Vampires. Also in buddhist myth the naga sheltered the buddha from the rain, so I see the naga as giving an aura of being "nice".

3: The marines are questing for a way that makes more of them withought resorting to implants making them "mutants". The vampire blood is injected in place of all other organs even the progenoids. It gives them super human strength and agility and thought while preserving there human visage apart from unsightly fangs which will be explained later.

Thanks for posting!

The problem that above all other implats you need black carapace to be a true space marine...without it, you are basically creating a load of super-strong sisters of battle...

Hmmm. Crap. Well my fluff evolved from progenoids and BC to just Vampire blood. I guess I'll have to find a way to fix that. Black carapace...hmmmmmmmmm. Thanks for reading, check back for some updates.

No, the Custodes are not Space Marines. Only the Adeptus Astartes and a select few Inquisitors whoi have somehow inflitrated marine chapters have the Black Carapace mplant, it's what makes marines so effective.

No other power armoured troops have it, which is why I have iddficulty understanding how the Custodes can be as good as marines, I don't believe they are genetically enhanced or have numerous spare organs.

Ok, Ive got it. I have a part where my CM concedes that he needs certain implants to remain a Space Marine. So, some minor tweaking. Thanks for reviewing (next up, leaving Nagius)

Not actually true as Sister of Battle have power armour bu no Black Carapace. But then again, they are not as strong or tough as Space Marines, and slower to bootm which may indicate that the nueral implants of black carapace enhance an already enhanced body even more

Guest Kasara
Very good fluff. Unfortuantly the marines aren't marines without the black carapace. How about that this vampire blood has certain chemicals added into it that give them a facsimile for the black carapace although still technically they'd still be mutants. This is quite a roadblock. OH! OH! WAIT! Make this similar to how Vampires came to be in Fantasy. They'd drink that stuff and they'd be immortal so long as they could feed on human blood (or xenos) and hate light and are able to call upon skelies (those would be your familiars for your librarians). How's this?

sounds good.

OK. Heres the plan.

The marines take the V blood for the increased strength and what not. Yet, V blood withought the BC corrupts the neophytes and gives them hideous appearances but mentally they become stronger. The first batch (Which hasoroth was part of.) are known as the first. They are hideous but are just as strong as normal marines. However, they cannot wear Power Armor.

Later, the iniation process on a stand stilll, an adeptus mechanicus ship is in the vicinity. Getting aboard their landed strike cruiser, the marines attack the adeptus mechanicus ship and bring it to heel. Enslaving the crew they demand their help. eventually it is known that Vampire blood in itself is too corrupt and that withought some of the blessed implants impurities would surface. Also, it is known that withought the BlackCarapace the power armor that is the trade mark of the Adeptus Astartes is unusable.

Taking the crew back to Nagius they ensure the purity or near purity of further iniates.

Archived