Remnants Bond

Mutt-Man!

Hello.

This chapter, well a collaberation of Remnants from broken chapters brought into one to form a battle-worthy force.

Each chapter that sustains massive casualties, being rebuilt or have suffered 100% casualties and is being reborn is put into this Chapter or Remnants. Until one day they are of enough strength to battle on their own. This is entirely DIY and no Scythes of the Emperor, Lamentors ect. Chapters that have suffered casualties from all sorts of Xenos and major campaigns such as the 13th black crusade, Armageddon the third war, Tyranid invasion and others. These chapters that fight similarly will be set into companies whitch they can fight together in a same traits and drawbacks. One company would be mostly this and that, and the other company with no relation except the 'parent' chapters that gave birth to them. So technicly they are seperate chapters varying from company to company.

Each company will have already had their gene-seed preserved so sustaining last casualties of a dying chapter will be of no major loss. Each chapter will retain its original coloures except their Company number, and helmet that states what company they are a part of. Each company will have their own commanders and select recruitment, there are two scout companies for this purpose. Fluff and such is too numerous with the many colour schemes and chapters I wish to impliment into this Remnants force. I cant find the name to call them, since many chapters to form a battle worthy force arent related except for being cousins. So I cant cal them a full 'chapter' of sorts, help here?

Decided that this idea will allow me to write all the fluff I want and paint all the schemes I want with a LARGE amount of conversion oppertunities. I plan on doing some of the DIY chapter competition for GW. Not neccisarily copycating of course, just like the helmets and such ideas. There will be 8 companies, roughly 750-800 marines total in teh chapter. Since it is a building chapter that when a Remnant Chapter has been built up enough to leave would leave it 800 or so marines on average.

Several gamers want to collect certain companies and it will be a collaberation, but as stated before each company is a SEPERATE army altogether. One of the companies wont have any traits at all, leaving 7 of them to be decided. Traits will not be changed and Fluff comes before traits in this DIY Chapter, err, Remnants. Again, it was argued before that I would change the traits to meet my opponent, not true, the traits will be set in stone when decided. Come hell or high waters.... :cuss

Any ideas, colour schemes even if you want your Marines added we'll be doing well over 100 differant types of chapters in this Remnants Chapter DIY..

I cannot post yet the Traits and such, since fluff is still in the works.. I'll be collecting company 1 and 4. And maybe company 8.

Thanks, the reason I placed "Please dont get this closed..." Was that in a previous post about DIY chapters in the Amiacus Arbites *However its spelled, wont bother checking*. This was posted as an idea, then people started to go off into a rant and got it closed.. Just because of this. Just a precaution. :cuss

Scars and such would be a bit rare, since all the apothicarians will be given the duty to restore geneseeds and implant new generations, and will not be allowed on the field of battle.

The highest ranking non commander marine gets to be placed in the first company, one of each marine out of the 100 gets to fight in the veteran company. Whitch is why I want the first company. :cuss

this is a realy cool idea. It would be cool to have special rules that show distrust betwee marines of different chapters. The army would probably be mainly troops (ie not many vehicles) but the majority of marines would be elites so an average army could have

commander with command squad

- 3 veteran squads (highly tooled up)

- 2 minimal tactical squads

- assault marines

this would show that only the best marines have survived the destruction of their chapter.

Interesting idea.

One thing that might be cool would be to also have some marines that are dedicated to this chapter. Mostly veterans and HQ types, these guys have the job of integrating the various different marines and ensuring that the whole thing doesn't fall apart. Vehicles might also be maintained by a core of dedicated tech-marines, and the chapter probably has some vehicles of its own and some that it inherits from the remnants that it absorbs.

An obvious trait for the whole chapter might be... oh, I can't remember the name - the minor drawback about a chapter than has suffered grievous losses, and restricts your FOC wrt Elites, Fast Attack, and Heavy Support. Although the chapter might have full ranks from all the different remnants, the difficulty of organizing all these pieces into a cohesive force might still cause the chapter some difficulty in fielding a full complement of Elites, Fast Attack, and Heavy Support.

So, will remnants from different chapters be expected to operate within the same squad, or will each squad be composed of units from the same chapter (to improve battle effectiveness and morale)?

Fluff-wise - how did this chapter come about? Did the Imperium create it for this purpose? Or did an existing Chapter that was devastated begin helping other decimated chapters on its own? This decision leads to more interesting fluff, especially if this process formed outside normal Imperial channels. Does Terra support this process, or are they suspicious of it? Also, aside from rebuilding chapters, what is the combat mission of the chapter? Do they engage in normal campaigns, or do they just aid other Imperial forces here and there, using combat as a training tool, without much involvement/concern in the long-term strategic importance of the battles they wage?

So I cant cal them a full 'chapter' of sorts, help here?

You don't have to call them a Chapter per se. They can simply be on a Crusade for Revitalization/Reclaimation/Reconstruction. And simply be known as the Crusaders.

Another idea is to be called the Errant Chapter (since Marines Errant was taken).

The Lost Marines

They can be a Warhost of Remnants or Questing Marines.

Somehow, I'm thinking Bretonians in 40K

Any ideas, colour schemes even if you want your Marines added we'll be doing well over 100 differant types of chapters in this Remnants Chapter DIY..

Again I reference the Bretonians of WHF

Although, if you ever allow GW established chapters to be included. Might I suggest the Space Sharks and Rainbow Warriors get a few representatives. They've been neglected since the RT days. That and the rouge Marines that painted their Armour in Camo colors to act as Mercenaries.

Some Color Ideas would be to have Orange, Brown or a Light Blue Marine. Those seem to be the least used colors out there. Definantly need some Half or Quartered schemes. Metallics don't get used too often.

Belial Out.

Guest Kasara
Very original idea my friend. Very original. Why would anyone want to close this thread? Anyway, it would make sense that you say that this chapter of remnants were made so as to help rebuild other broken up chapters. I also suggest that in order to create variety, add in a haphazourdous amount of colourschemes and characterful sergeants. This will REALLY make this look like an army filled with different Space Marines.

Archived