For My DIY Chapter Primarch?

Being that this is in the Ultramarine forum I think that the majority of people will say that it should be Guilliman. Personally I would probably go that route as well. That way there are no missing organs or anything like that. To my knowledge the Imperial Fists are missing the susanne membrane and the acid spitting thingy. It leaves less options for fluff.

It depends on the mind-set you want. Ultramarines are methodical, thorough, efficient, and quite possibly a bit inflexible. They have the advantage of having the most pure gene-seed, however, with little or no change in it's makeup since the time of the Heresy.

Imperial Fists are exceptionally stubborn, often to the point of it impairing their decision making ability. They are also missing the Sus An membrane; which allows an Astartes to enter a state of coma-like hibernation, and the Betcher's gland; which secretes a corrosive toxin into the Marine's saliva, allowing him to chew through iron bars, and other difficult to eat things. I think, but I'm not sure, that a Marine can also induce the gland to produce a larger amount and then spit it, with much nastier effects. On the bright side, they have specialized in seige warfare for quite some time, giving them a wealth of knowledge and tactics to draw on.

As the chapters follow in the footsteps of their respective Primarchs, these descriptions of the chapter's traits would most likely apply to the primarchs as well e.g. Dorn stubborn and Guilliman methodical

Without knowing anything about your chapter, how can we suggest which geneseed is more suitable? Tell us a bit about the chapter and we may be able to help more...

If you want descriptions of the Primarchs, I'd suggest reading the IA articles on the respective 1st founding chapters.

By the way, it really isn't necessary to capitalise every single word in a sentence - it's pretty painful on the eyes for everyone else reading your posts :rolleyes:

The loss of the susan and betchers has come about after several millenia...there is no mention that Crimson Fists or Black Templars have lost these implants. What should be noted is that both sets of geneseed are equally pure, and hence there is little room for debate between the twosets. The whole Imperial Fists pain thing is probably confined to the Chapter through tradition and indoctrination, rather than an aspect of geneseed, though you could play on the whole righteous zeal aspect of the Black Templars if you wanted.

Oh my - all Heresy, hearsay an speculation I tells ya(!)...maybe the same dodgy Medics went and shared their deviant practices between the Imp Fists and Crimson Fists?

I am pretty sure that this type of genetic deviance creeps in after a period of time, not immediatley after the Heresy (the Black Templars I presume were formed first when the Imperial Fists Legion was broken down, maybe thye got the best Medics?)

Archived