IA - Emperor's Fire

Well, after a few days of work on it, here it is. Comments welcome - maybe I'll incorporate them in a revision (after I let it rest for a week or so and then re-look at it next week).

By the way, recently I have found that the original White Scars IA article placed their homeworld in the Segmentum Pacificus but the color map on the inside cover of the SM Codex places it in the Ultima Segmentum. So, right now, I'm trying to decide if the EF Chapter will be from Ultima (near the White Scars) or from Pacificus (as I had originally wanted). Arguments as to why I should pick one or the other would be greatly appreciated.

Emperor

Nicely done! The only thing I might recommend would be to strengthen some of the "historical" actions of the Chapter. For instance, what battles on Cadia were the Chapter involvled in? Were they dispatched to an urban battlezone? How did they distinguish themselves there?

A couple of more detailed descriptions could really bring the "urban/close quarters" aspect of the Chapter.

Also, I was wondering why you choose White Scar gene seed; these sound like Raven Guard successors to me. Any special reason you wanted them to descend from Khan?

Altogether though, a good read, and well done. You have a distinctive army with a good (if a tad general) background. Well done. :D

-Saint

In the end, I may very well go with a Raven Guard geneseed and then just stick the Emperor's Fire chapter in the Segmentum Pacificus where I want them (and not worry about their parent chapter being half-way across the galaxy).

Thanks.  More detailed history is indeed needed.  That is the next step - research particular actions, planets, etc., and come up with some significant things for the chapter to have participated in.

One quick question - can anyone tell me when the 10th founding was?

Thanks again!

+++EDIT+++

Having re-read the Raven Guard IA article in White Dwarf, I've decided that I prefer the WS background and the Emperor's Fire being a successor of WS geneseed (despite the EF's greater similarities to RG combat doctrine).  Nothing against the Raven Guard, I just don't want my chapter to come out of a chapter that doesn't have knowledge of their founding date/number, lacks a homeworld, excessive use of Librarians, doesn't know where their geneseed came from, etc.  Good background for the Raven Guard, just not what I see the EF's parent chapter as being.

So in the end, it will be White Scar geneseed and it doesn't matter where the WS homeworld is located now, the Emperor's Fire will indeed come from the Segmentum Pacificus.

+++END TRANSMISSION+++

I didn't think it mattered where the parent gene-seed came from as the High Lords of Terra could have commissioned a new chapter from the White Scar gene-seed and then shipped them off to Segmentum Pacificus to take the fight to the Enemies of the Imperium.

Belial Out.

Having re-read the Raven Guard IA article in White Dwarf, I've decided that I prefer the WS background and the Emperor's Fire being a successor of WS geneseed (despite the EF's greater similarities to RG combat doctrine).  Nothing against the Raven Guard, I just don't want my chapter to come out of a chapter that doesn't have knowledge of their founding date/number, lacks a homeworld, excessive use of Librarians, doesn't know where their geneseed came from, etc.  Good background for the Raven Guard, just not what I see the EF's parent chapter as being.

Are you sure you were looking at the right background? That sounds more like Blood Ravens than Raven Guard to me. Raven Guard are a first founding chapter. They know exactly where their homeworld is and where their geneseed came from.

Are you sure you were looking at the right background? That sounds more like Blood Ravens than Raven Guard to me. Raven Guard are a first founding chapter. They know exactly where their homeworld is and where their geneseed came from.

Hmmmm.... You're probably right. I'll have to re-look at just what the heck I was reading and then make sure I've read the RIGHT thing.

Thanks for the heads-up.

+++EDIT+++

Right you are. I was reading the Blood Ravens IA, just got confused and typed Raven Guard (repeatedly) in my last post. Last post has been appropriately edited. Thanks Shadestalker.

+++END TRANSMISSION+++

Archived