Okay, one more try

Kasara

Before I carry on, I must stress that the name is pronounced KAY-sa-RAH. If you must, go ahead and chant the name until you get it right. :tu:

Okay, in the other thread that had all the stuff, I will answer as many of the questions I found there on this one. Moving on to start point.

Fluff:

In the beginning, their Lord who is -please note that it is "is" and not "was"- Kasara began besiegement of the Tzeenchtian outpose. Once a loyal devotee of the Emperor, he came across a strange artefact.

It was a hammer. He took it and forged himself his own weapon not knowing that he had imbued the insane spirit of a daemon into his weapon (it's supposed to look like one of these shown in the link here)

and began his path to damnation. He left the Grey Knights during a battle and made it look as if he had been killed. In the midst of this crisis, the chapter grieved over the loss of one of their best. He had been responsible for the banishing of close to 11 Greater Daemons and 13 Daemon Princes.

Almost 100 years later, a new chapter (which was not permitted at all) appeared. Information from captured Space Marines of this chapter (noted as the Sons of Kasara) had their destiny forged as soon as he began his orations. His feats had inspired the rest of his "Sons" to follow him and his powerful oratory made him even more inspiring say records from prisoners.

This chapter, seemingly led by the Grand Master Kasara attacked an Eldar Craftworlds and totally decimated the Eldar. While although it relieved the Inquisitorial Fortress world of Toreq of the opression of the Eldar Craftworld, they soon found themselves under massive siege from Kasara and his men.

Appearing as Grey Knights, they had been allowed to teleport to the surface. It seemed like nearly 500 grey Knights had been teleported. In a sudden wave, the world populace seemed to flood with panic and torrents of fear hit the cities of the world. Within days the world was under their control and the entire world had laid their weapons down in front of Kasara's feet and were willing to serve him unto death.

The destruction of this renegade Chapter seemed that it should be done immediatly. All battlefleets sent to the world, however, were destroyed in a hail of powerful lance batteries. Until this day, the approximated size of this chapter is estimated to be close to 2300 marines. Many speculate that Rogue Traders supply them with the armour and weapons necessary to carry on their battles. Others believe this is all done from genetic manipulation and also believe that all their vehicles and such have been reproduced by their several thousands of techpriests and is kept safe by the flocks of misguided Imperial Guardsmen.

Combat Doctrines:

Often times, they will "come in piece" and will teleport a small attack force but will be ordered to remain peaceful. In seconds the area around them will become filled with fear and all will be reluctant to strike at them. They also all enjoy the use of fear inducing drugs and and narcotics to sow confusion into their enemies.

Colours: Black and gold.

Okay, now answering the question that I was approached with earlier.

Goththing: Okay, so he didn't imbue his nemesis force weapon w/ the spirit of an insane Daemon. I said a Pilgrimage to Mars cause I didn't know what to say. Changed it to 1 Craftworld to make it more believeable. I'll also include that this was a Small Craftworld, whose inhabitents were not warlike in the extreme, but fruitfull as all Eldar in tech and such.

Ferrata: I've decided to include in the fluff that he persuaded them with "his powerful oratory" and inspiring feats of courage and bravery (pretty intense; killing that many daemons).

I'm open to all input. Just let me state beforehand that it is possible for GKs (theoretically speaking) for them to fall to Chaos. Odd however that a Grand Master who had killed around 20 daemons (GD and DP totaled up) to fall to Chaos. Ironic eh?

Since you're cool with going against the Grey Knight/Chaos thing...

Hmmm, overall it has a very Night Lords feel to it.

I'm asuming that the weapon forged from the hammer is much larger than the example you linked. It would also be nice to know far more about the original hammer: who wielded it, what's the nature of the daemon inside, how exactly did it corrupt Kasara (keeping in mind that would be a seriously difficult task!)?

You run into a large dificulty in where he picked up the rest of his chapter. If he swayed loyal Marines with his "oratory," then he couldn't really hide the fact that he was still alive. If he recruited CSM, then Chaos would be hot on his heels to get their own back from him. He can't create his own Marines the standard way, so this is no small problem, and it's very hard to see how he got so many so quickly regardles of the means!

If he's masquerading his men as Grey Knights, I suspect that the real Grey Knights would take rather large exception to this fact - as will as the entire Ordo Hereticus. Not good people to piss off.

I doubt the even the most powerful of Rogue Traders would carry an appreciable amount of Space Marine gear, certainly not enough to sustain a large force.

The devil, as they say, is in the details :tu:

I have fluff to explain how he got all of his followers, entitled "Amassing the Flock". I won't bother typing the whole thing up. After he fell from grace, he realized he was an "undiscovered fugitive on the run" (everyone thought he was dead). He searched for the 3 weakest chapters he could find (well, the three which had suffered so many casualties that they would serve him easily). The three were the Moon Mourners, whose chapter had been nearly annhilated by Alpha Legion (they actually turned half-way through the heresy, but turned back to loyalist, but were still hunted by the Inquisition and the Alpha Legion for their betrayal), The Doom Kings (whose black carapace backfired and is causing the chapter to die) and the Sons of Saelonce.

The Sons of Saelonce were a crusading chapter that had been fighting a losing war and had lost nearly 3/4 of their chapter in a single night of bloodshed and whose morale was nearly dead as their chapter master(s), Chaplains and Librarians were mostly all dead or dying.

Kasara promised the Moon Mourners "revenge for their fallen brethren", for the Doom Kings "eternal life and an end to their doomed existance) and the Sons of Saelonce "power to defeat their enemies".

I'm still working on more believable reasons as to why the 3 chapters would help Kasara out. The army has 4 different colourschemes, the one that follows Kasara is black, Moon Mourners is white, Sons of Saelonce is gold and Doom Kings is blood red.

The Hammer contained a Tzeentchian Daemon which slowly but surely corrupted his mind. It started with leaving the Grey Knights, then killing and hijacking an imperial transport and took to TS and gave it to Ahriman's Cabal (fancy artefacts). Killed 5 Imperial Governers (without reason; they were all good guys in fact) and killed off so much of the Sons of Saelonce (they had no clue that Kasara killed their chaplains and librarians and chapter master) that he had to transfer to chaos.

The hammer was wielded actually by no one for about 10,000 years. It was found on a dusty desert world (kind of like Arakis but not Arakis) by Kasara and when he picked up, hiding it was also the daemon's will. Second was to forge that weapon thing (what the heck is that called anyway?).

Carrying on with your questions schoon, their scare tactics aren't the same as the Night Lords. They have bombs dropped on the surface. They realease panic inducing toxins into the air. All the members of the chapter are immune to it, but not even Grey Knights can withstand it. They realease it like the enemies in the new batman movie.

OK, I have issues with the subversion of three chapters, full strength or no, but I'll leave that for now.

With my question: how was Kasara turned, I was looking more for something along the lines of "the daemon in the hammer played upon his long-standing desire to crush more of the Imperium's enemies than the Grey Knights would allow; at first helping him destroy other, lesser daemons until it had insinuated itself into his mind."

The turning of Kasara is a major element of your story, and deserves detailed attention - far more even than my paltry example above.

As for how he obtained the hammer, I'd suggest altering things a bit to make it more heroic. The hammer is also a very important part of your tale. If King Arthur had simply found Excalibur in a ditch, his tale would not be as compelling; the sword had a tale of its own before ever coming into his hands, one that deeply influenced his fate from that point forward. In my opinion, you should have something similarly compelling for your weapon.

Perhaps it was the radical Master Inquisitor Tannthias who imprisoned the daemon in the hammer through a battle of wits. Perhaps the daemon within the weapon "suggested" it's current form to an impressionable Tech Magos of the AdMech, who after reforging the thing unknowingly endowed it upon a Grey Knight as a reward for bannishing a particularly foul menace. Etc. etc. etc.

OK, I have issues with the subversion of three chapters, full strength or no, but I'll leave that for now.

With my question: how was Kasara turned, I was looking more for something along the lines of "the daemon in the hammer played upon his long-standing desire to crush more of the Imperium's enemies than the Grey Knights would allow; at first helping him destroy other, lesser daemons until it had insinuated itself into his mind."

The turning of Kasara is a major element of your story, and deserves detailed attention - far more even than my paltry example above.

As for how he obtained the hammer, I'd suggest altering things a bit to make it more heroic. The hammer is also a very important part of your tale. If King Arthur had simply found Excalibur in a ditch, his tale would not be as compelling; the sword had a tale of its own before ever coming into his hands, one that deeply influenced his fate from that point forward. In my opinion, you should have something similarly compelling for your weapon.

Perhaps it was the radical Master Inquisitor Tannthias who imprisoned the daemon in the hammer through a battle of wits. Perhaps the daemon within the weapon "suggested" it's current form to an impressionable Tech Magos of the AdMech, who after reforging the thing unknowingly endowed it upon a Grey Knight as a reward for bannishing a particularly foul menace. Etc. etc. etc.

Thanks. I got to start up on more stuff. Howabout this.

On his siege of the Tzeentchian Outpost, he killed the Radical Inq. who held dominion on the outpost. He took the hammer, expecting it to be a normal hammer. It spoke to him.

"Forge a new destiny...carry me with you on your daemon purging quests...forge the blade which you carry unto death and with it, strike fear into the terror of those who oppose you." Suspecting it to be a daemonic entity, the thing sensed the Grey Knights shift in thoughts, drove his body into a killing frenzy, driving him into an area heavily populated by Tzeentchian Daemons. Within 5 minutes the daemons were all gone. "See how strong you have become? Let me guide you Kasara and show you how to kill more daemons than any man could ever kill. I will show you how to be seen by the Immortal Emperor and how to save your human race."

Along with several thousands more intriguing ideas from the daemon bound entity, the Grand Master slew and banished several more Greater Daemons and Daemon Princes before slipping off the grid and forging his new weapon. By the time he had slain 19 daemon Princes and 16 Greater Daemons, the Daemon Weapon he had forged commanded him to find something more difficult to kill.

That's all I've got right now.

PS. Schoon: I must thank you for how much help you are and are still being. I really appreciate it.

the Daemon Weapon he had forged commanded him to find something more difficult to kill.

This is a pretty good sentence right there. There are many lesser powers in the warp other than the big four, maybe the daemon is an "undivided" daemon out to further it's own cause? It's ultimate goal might be to groom the knight into a daemon killer that takes care of it's rivals, or maybe it's simply after worshippers and sees the need of an avatar or messiah figure to deliver his message.

the Daemon Weapon he had forged commanded him to find something more difficult to kill.

This is a pretty good sentence right there. There are many lesser powers in the warp other than the big four, maybe the daemon is an "undivided" daemon out to further it's own cause? It's ultimate goal might be to groom the knight into a daemon killer that takes care of it's rivals, or maybe it's simply after worshippers and sees the need of an avatar or messiah figure to deliver his message.

One problem my friend. This guy has killed 19 Daemon Princes and 16 Greater Daemons. Exactly what is stronger than these screwballs other than the 4 gods themselves?

One problem my friend. This guy has killed 19 Daemon Princes and 16 Greater Daemons. Exactly what is stronger than these screwballs other than the 4 gods themselves?

Lesser Gods. Simple.

Lesser Gods are those with not enough followers, thus power to be classified as the Big Gods, but are stronger than daemons

Ferrata

Lesser Gods. Simple.

Lesser Gods are those with not enough followers, thus power to be classified as the Big Gods, but are stronger than daemons

Ferrata

Well, that solves my problem. Carrying on with the story.

As Kasara continued on his daemon-slaying, quest, he slayed several lesser gods. He soon realized that he would need to gather followers to supplement his armies so he could finally end the war between humanity and chaos.

Once he had persuaded the fellow space marines he had to join him, he proceeded to fulfill their needs. He divided his chapter as he saw fit. The first and 2nd most powerful of his companies was the true Sons of Kasara; the Chosen of Kasara. The 3rd and 4th are the Sons of Saelonce. 5th and 6th are the Doom Kings and the 7th are the Moon Mourners.

I have 2 major problems with this story.

First is that it seems to go "I've Killed Everything [insert evil laugh]" I can just about accept the Daemon Princes, the Greater Daemons seem a bit high. But killing Lesser Gods! ::cuss: That seems quite unrealistic (in the 40k Terms), even Lesser Gods are extremely powerful & Im not sure, but I dont think they can be killed because they dont exist in the real world. Just as you cant kill the big 4. They have daemons you can kill, but they dont have a physical form to kill.

Second problem is the amount of followers he gets that quickly. Maybe change this bit for something a bit more realisitic

Ferrata

I'm not sure how you intend to represent a character that is that incredibly mighty on the tabletop... Maybe you should stop where he has gathered some followers and killed a few greater daemons and build your army there? The rest is his/the daemons intentions for the future and is only hinted at.

I'm not sure how you intend to represent a character that is that incredibly mighty on the tabletop... Maybe you should stop where he has gathered some followers and killed a few greater daemons and build your army there? The rest is his/the daemons intentions for the future and is only hinted at.

I'm going to make a mini for Kasara, but he will not be legal by game terms. He has his own seperate profile from a Grey Knight Grand Master. He has stuff that a Grey Knight doesn't have (eg. the Daemon weapon).

@Ferrata: How about I just leave the story off at the point where the Daemon Weapons says "Find something harder to kill"? I believe 19 DPs and 16 GD (perhaps I should drop it down by about 6) is enough right?

PS. BTW, could someone PLEASE tell me what the heck this is called (don't say Valdris)?

@Ferrata: How about I just leave the story off at the point where the Daemon Weapons says "Find something harder to kill"? I believe 19 DPs and 16 GD (perhaps I should drop it down by about 6) is enough right?
Sounds ok, but I cant see what is harder then a GD that you can kill

PS. BTW, could someone PLEASE tell me what the heck this is called (don't say Valdris)?

An unusable weapon which probably wouldnt do any good in warfare. In reply to below, instead of taking this thread OT, I was about using it in the real world, not in computer games.

Ferrata

An unusable weapon which probably wouldnt do any good in warfare.

Ferrata

The Night Elf Demon Hunter has two of those and kicks arse. I think it's a good weapon.

It looks like a double bladed hand axe (it was in the Axe section of the website) to me. Unless your a trekker an then it's a flamboyant and small bat'leth. Very impractical. Looks cool, but if you wanted something practical you should have stuck to the battle-ready variants or make it a double bladed pole arm like the Howling Banshee Exarch.

+EDIT+ Perhaps you can modify it in your fluff to be detachable. So it can be seperated into two weapons. Once sperated, the demon inside maintains a link between the two parts and whatever it uses as a conduit between them gets Deamonic. That way your leader will be exposed to Deamonic energy without being possessed. +EDIT+

Belial out.

It looks like a double bladed hand axe (it was in the Axe section of the website) to me. Unless your a trekker an then it's a flamboyant and small bat'leth. Very impractical. Looks cool, but if you wanted something practical you should have stuck to the battle-ready variants or make it a double bladed pole arm like the Howling Banshee Exarch.

+EDIT+ Perhaps you can modify it in your fluff to be detachable. So it can be seperated into two weapons. Once sperated, the demon inside maintains a link between the two parts and whatever it uses as a conduit between them gets Deamonic. That way your leader will be exposed to Deamonic energy without being possessed. +EDIT+

Belial out.

I see. Wouldn't he still get possessed even if it's not detached?

I want to say no because it will give a bit more credibility to the subtle workings of the trapt spirit. However, as the Grand Master keeps getting exposed, he continues to be damaged by the link he gains more affinity to the deamon within to the point he can finally sense it and can link his soul to the Deamon's as he is corrupted further. Eventually, he'll become one with the Deamon Soul.

My take

Belial Out.

I want to say no because it will give a bit more credibility to the subtle workings of the trapt spirit. However, as the Grand Master keeps getting exposed, he continues to be damaged by the link he gains more affinity to the deamon within to the point he can finally sense it and can link his soul to the Deamon's as he is corrupted further. Eventually, he'll become one with the Deamon Soul.

My take

Belial Out.

yeah, I think I'll just write it as the longer he uses it the more he gets possessed and the more he wants to use the daemon weapon.

Archived