The Black DogZ warband

Majolico

Ok,its late night,but i was watching Discovery chanel and got some ideas for a small force of Chaos Space Marines.

Sorry for my English,but this is just a small summary of the warband story/color scheme/etc...i will late perfect everything and present some nice piece of fluff...

The ferocious

Sounding good there man.

Very nice way to represent how they fell to Chaos. Tis believable and a great way to represent just how powerful Chaos is and how manipulative it can be.

Once i get through my Brazen Eagle loyalists i was thinking of starting a new Chaos army and i like the background you have so i might have to pinch that (not as my own of course. i might just use it as a starting point... If thats cool with you of course) OH BY THE THRONE... listen to me... im turning already... Bloody manipulative Chaos Gods :tu:

Any way... again very nice fluff. keep it up

++ Eagle out ++

After some thinking i decided that the sword will be named Chimera and that the Warband will eventualy find a planet to stay,that planet will be accupied by White Scars Space Marines,and in battle for control, Ulrich willl reach Daemonhood...

I am still working on the "good looking" version,so i can change some things and i am open to sugestions!

I'm not a fan of lone marines falling to chaos and then taking/attracting other marines as followers, but thats another discussion for another topic. The only problem is that if over 500 marines fall to chaos, thats over half the chapter. Im guessing this would be noted in the White Scars history. Either change the chapter to a made up one or make very few marines fall (say around 10) and then he collects others who have fallen/abandoned.

I would call them the Black Dogs, the Z just makes the name look stupid and, I dare say, hip-hop urban talk, which has not place in 40k

Ferrata

I have to agree with Ferrata about two things. (possibly three)

1. leaving the 'Z' out of the name and replacing it with an 'S'

2.500 marines is a :lol: load of them and would definately be noted in the White Scars history.

and 3 (which could tie in with the 2nd point) changing it from White Scars to a made up chapter is probably a good idea as the White Scars are rather famous. If u like the White Scar background or some such you could make the renegades come from a succesor chapter that is very similar to the Scars.

Any way, so far u have a very strong theme and background and i am looking forward to seeing more info as the Army expands and possibly a few mini's.

Good work thus far though. ^_^

What is actually the point; I mean besides that white scars are the most awesomest awesome to ever awesome. Is this an army you will model, and how does that tie in with the history you're laying out?

I would call them the Black Dogs, the Z just makes the name look stupid and, I dare say, hip-hop urban talk, which has not place in 40k

The name kills you.

It kills you in your face.

1. how about keeping it Dogs, not DogS

2. 500 marines is approximatly 1/2 of a codex chapter

Agreed with the 1st point, This is what I meant in the first place.

The second point, I think he has some area to move about. If he does a DIY chapter failing to Chaos, then half of the chapter going will be ok. It means he's got a good size army to draw men from and not mess around with proper chapters history.

Ferrata

Ok,i decided to rewrite it all,i finished the first piece and i will post the rest of it as i write...

Name:

Black Dogs (warband)

Current Location:

Unknown

Origins:

During the World Eaters invasion of the Antero system, many chapters of the Space Marines were summoned to annihilate the treat, amongst them were the Andromeda chapter. Their primary objective was to destroy the entire World Eaters army and construct a planetary defence system at Gaia*.

Leading the 1st company as Sergeant, was brother Ulrich, a proud warrior who above all honoured his chapter and the Emperor. What distinguished Ulrich from the rest of is brothers, was his ferociousness and smart thinking.

The assault to Gaia was carefully planed, as the planet was mainly an extremely dangerous lava lake, expelling fire everywhere. As the Thunderhacks landed on the planet, the Andromeda Marines faced an incredible huge army of World Eaters.

A nice start.

Their primary objective was to destroy the entire World Eaters army and construct a planetary defence system at Gaia
Maybe have them perform a precise objective, such as take hill/fortress. This should sound better and give more detail to the story.

many chapters of the Space Marines were summoned to annihilate the treat

lol :) I think you mean threat, treat is something you give to someone for being good :D .

Wave after wave, they kept coming one of our Thunderhacks was destroyed by a jet of lava as it landed and my squad landed on a crater, away from the rest of the chapter, we were able to keep the World Eaters away as we fired upon them with methodical precision. We reported our position and requested for immediate backup as we could not hold them much more time, we got no answer, but suddenly all the screaming stopped and we faced complete silence. From nowhere they reappeared screaming as ravenous daemons, hundreds of World Eaters Space Marines, killing every single one of my brothers and as I saw my death approaching, I kneeled as prayed to the Emperor.

For my surprise the World Eaters started to retreat from our position, and then I saw Sergeant Ulrich, leading his squad of Veteran Marines, and as they pushed forward to attack the Chaos scum, I saw emerging from a lava lake a huge Bloodthirster bearing his Glaive...

With a mighty roar Sergeant Ulrich charged the Daemon, the battle was long and fierce, but in the end, Ulrich managed to kill the Bloodthirster and took his Glaive, claming it for his own. Amazingly as he took the Glaive, it glowed and got shorter, to the size of a regular power sword.

I will end up getting it right... ^_^

Yup,i meant threat, and would it be good enough to make their objective a well guarded canyon, with a Castle/fort, full of traps and big weapons?

And sorry about the lack of full stops,i cant really write english very good... :)

Yup,i meant threat, and would it be good enough to make their objective a well guarded canyon, with a Castle/fort, full of traps and big weapons?
Sounds good to me

And sorry about the lack of full stops,i cant really write english very good...

No problem, Im not very good at english & I'm english :) Simple trick: Read it out, if you need a short breathe, a coma is needed. If you need a longer breathe, a full stop is needed.

Ferrata

What is actually the point; I mean besides that white scars are the most awesomest awesome to ever awesome.  Is this an army you will model, and how does that tie in with the history you're laying out?

The name kills you.

It kills you in your face.

Oh no, please understand. The name kills Ferrata, and it can be defined as having killed him because in the forty first millenium, the inquisition is controlled by the Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and various similar political action groups; and the fact of a person, corporation, political body, trade mark, or vernacular utterance being so excellent and obviously superior in every way that a person; such as ferrata, is induced to reckless behaviour and dies accidentally largely due to his own negligence is first degree murder and punishable by being the name of a dead cool warband.

the inquisition is controlled by the Mothers Against Drunk Driving,

o...k :devil: back on track. The fluff sounds good so far. Have you thought about a colour scheme yet? Perhaps try a test using the GW marine template ;)

Oh no, please understand.  The name kills Ferrata, and it can be defined as having killed him because in the forty first millenium, the inquisition is controlled by the Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and various similar political action groups; and the fact of a person, corporation, political body, trade mark, or vernacular utterance being so excellent and obviously superior in every way that a person; such as ferrata, is induced to reckless behaviour and dies accidentally largely due to his own negligence is first degree murder and punishable by being the name of a dead cool warband.

Ok bud. This is a 40K forum, run and watched by people who play 40K because of the fluff, the stories and the models. The entire game is held together by the world it is based on. And the only way to preserve that basis of fluff is to stick to it. And unless you're an Ork warband, your name does not end in DogZ. So when anybody is as kind as Ferrata to point it out, don't bash him for it. It's not your game, it's GW's, and you are playing it.

++ Edit ++ alright, post edited. Sorry for the rude words, but my blood just started boiling when I read his post.

Thanks for the support Takeda-style, but could you edit your post. We dont want this turning into a flame war or it'll get the melta, and that wouldnt be fair on Majolico

Ferrata

Archived