New Diy's need help nameing

nowfearthis

Well I am currently working on two DIY chapters and need some help with nameing them. The first is a cursed founding chapter. There colors a Vomit brown for the body with a brown ink wask that makes there armor look like desert armor/camoflouge. With Dark Flesh for trim. Snake leather brown for the shoulder pads and Dwarf Bronze for there logo, with red eyes and a few red accents. I know it sounds weird but it looks really cool. I was think of haveing them be from a desert world. For there slight mutations barely noticible . 1. Canine teath. 2.Slightly mutated pupils to look slightly beastial, this would also give them a hightened night vision. Any way still working on the fluff. These are the names so far.

1. Desert Jackals. 5. Brotherhood of the Jackal

2. Golden Jackals 6. The Order of the Jackal

3. Sons of Anubis 7. Blood Jackals

4. Storm Jackals 8. Jackals of Danube

By the way there logo is an altered version of Ragnars company, but it is Bronze.

And no they are not a Space wolf successor. Have not decided who's geneseed, or if they know...maybe there seed was tampered with have not decided.

The second is a DA successor chapter. Colors are Hawk Turquise and Bone white.

There armor is half one half the other split down the middle. With white shoulderpads with Hawk Turquise trim. There logo is A floure de Lea with wings on either side and a sword behind it. Do not have much fluff on them yet either. but proposed names are.

1. Warrior Saints 8. Emperors Saints 15. Saints Angelus

2. Saints of the Condemed 9. Soul Reapers

3. Soul Harvesters. 10. The Nephalim

4. Doom Angels 11. The Saints of War

5. Angels of light 12. The Redeemers

6. Saints of Apocalypse 13. The Seraphim

7. Storm angels 14. Arch Angels

Any input for the names or even ideas for fluff appreciated. ;) :(

Well, for the first chapter, get in contact with the Aegyptus people (Nephren-ka who started, or the more active Ironloki) as the chapter seems to have an Egyption feel to them. As the names go, I like the Order of the Jackel or the Blood Jackels, but its really down to you.

For the second chapter, I would get some more fluff behind them before naming them. For fluff, try picking on a culture/emotion/brotherhood to get the basic for them and build from there

Ferrata

I did want the first chapter to be organized like the space wolves but have philosophies similiar to the white scars or ravenwing. I like blood jackals but i have very little red in there scheme just minor accents. If someone could tell me how to post a picture of them i am somewhat computer illiterate, i will take a pic with my digital camera for you all to see and post it. same with the other chapter. the dark angel successor. by the way have some more names to run by.

1. Doom Knights

2. Etherial Angels

3. Tears of vengence

4. Tears of the Angels

5. Etherial Saints

6.Galactic Saints

7. Daemon Slayers

8. Dragon Slayers

9. Blood Druids

10. The White Crows

11. wings of Dadeleus

12. Sons of Dadeleus

13. The Emperors 1000

14. The Angelwright

15. The Dragonwright

16. The Dred Angels

I know its alot but there are several here I like. There colors are Hawk Turquise and bone white, quarterd...except the elites they are halfed...and leders are solid Bone white with Hawk Turquise trim.

I'll second Scarecrow on this one.

You need to make the name fit into the fluff.. so get some fluffy puffy stuff up and running and then the name will come to you, I'll bet'ya :cuss

Best regards

-Zor

As for the Blood Jackels (which I like by the way) could have a red jackel over your brown color scheme. As for the second chapter in question, I would have you agree with them both. I need some fluff to get their feel, in able to get a fitting name.

The second is a DA successor chapter.  Colors are Hawk Turquise and Bone white.

There armor is half one half the other split down the middle. With white shoulderpads with Hawk Turquise trim.  There logo is A floure de Lea with wings on either side and a sword behind it.  Do not have much fluff on them yet either. but proposed names are.

Any input for the names or even ideas for fluff appreciated.

I know its alot but there are several here I like.  There colors are Hawk Turquise and bone white, quarterd...except the elites they are halfed...and leders are solid Bone white with Hawk Turquise trim.

1. Warrior Saints Angels of Sanctity?

2. Saints of the Condemed Angels of Condemnation?

3. Soul Harvesters.

4. Doom Angels

5. Angels of light This one matches the GW naming convention of DA Successors. This would be my choice.

6. Saints of Apocalypse Angels of Revelation

7. Storm angels Angels of Wrath

8. Emperors Saints

9. Soul Reapers

10. The Nephalim

11. The Saints of War

12. The Redeemers

13. The Seraphim Used by Sisters of Battle

14. Arch Angels Won't recommend since I met a person who did the Archangel Marines that got put into the Catalogue. His winged marines were sweet.

15. Saints Angelus

1. Doom Knights I don't associate knights with such a bright color scheme

2. Etherial Angels

3. Tears of vengence Interesting name

4. Tears of the Angels

5. Etherial Saints

6. Galactic Saints

7. Daemon Slayers

8. Dragon Slayers

9. Blood Druids

10. The White Crows

11. wings of Dadeleus

12. Sons of Dadeleus

13. The Emperors 1000

14. The Angelwright

15. The Dragonwright

16. The Dred Angels

I like the first batch of names a bit better. The color scheme and icon suggest to me that these marines would serve the planet they use as a homeworld. The planet would be similar to Macragge with a simplistic beauty and yet everything has a purpose.

The Marine Chapter was established to guard a Sacred Shrine and surrounding hallowed ground against any desecration and to oversee the pilgrims that flock there. The Chapter doesn't leave unless they percieve an encroaching threat on the Shrine. While only a Company of Marines and Initiates (Those not ready to be Scouts) are needed to watch over the shrine. The rest continue their drills and preparations for war.

This has given the Marines a unique skill as they stand at their posts as still as a statue until they see a threat. For the entire day cycle, the full-marines stand perfectly still meditating, praying and fasting. The Scouts rove around and would interact the most with the Pilgrims.

Librarians constantly patrol, probing minds in search of malicious intent. Techmarines tend the Shrine as well as the Armoury. Standard Bearers continue to hold aloft the standards of the armies that fought on the hallowed ground. While others guard where the enemies standards were cut down and burned. (The area is ritually scarred to maintained the Scortched ground.)

Whoops! I let my mind wander a bit. Oh well, I 'll revise it a bit if that wasn't what you were thinking.

Belial Out.

No.... That was actually really helpful, I like the Idea that they are almost completely stoic and disciplined almost to an extreme. They Have trained themselves over the eons to be near emotionless, and are obsorbed with the protection of those things they deem sacred to the chapter and the emperor. They were trained by Vetrans of the Dark angels who would later make up some of the members of the chapters command. Probably make the a 5th or 6th founding, I want them to be old enough to have a long history to support there ritualistic and extremely spiritual nature. I have narrowed the names down to the following.

1. Angels of Light

2. Tears of vengence

3. Tears of the Angels

4. The Angelwright

5. Saints Angelus

For number 2 and 3 I would slightly change there logo and replace the Floure De Lie with a tear drop. so would like to take a "poll" on what people think of the narrowed down list.

Now as for the Blood Jackals.....yes I like the name myself.

Question is the 13th founding cursed also or just the 21st. If it is then founding is the 13th.

Chapter organization is similiar to that of the Spacewolves but instead of company's they are broken down into Warbands. And each Warband is made up of several Packs. Each Warband is self sufficient. Terminators, regular marines, bikes, speeders etc...

Geneseed: Blood Angel tampered with in attempt to eliminate the thirst and the Black rage.....(Failed.) Cuased slight physical mutations. Canines and slitly mutated pupils that give them enhanced nightvision. Tactics, they use alot of distraction or faint tactics, make the enemy think your strength is your weakness and then destroy them. Use alot of decoy attacks.

Homeworld: Anubis (NO they are not going to be and Agyptus Marine chapter)

Most of the world is Desert with extreme temperatures. In a 24 hour period there is only 6 hours of sunlight before they planet is eclypsed by its moon almost daily for the rest of the time covering the world in darkness. They specialize in night fighting, intrusion tactics and extreme hostile environments.

They draw recruits only from this world. They are a very tribal and barbaric people who often practiced ritual sacrifice, and who in combat only take prisoners to use in the rituals. One ritual is the Hunt...every boy to prove his manhood on his 17th year must hunt down and kill a captured warrior slave with no more the a bone knife. The prey is equaly equiped. If the boy succeeds he is then given a new name amongst the tribe, a name of manhood...but if the boy fails and the hunted succeeds the hunted is accepted into the tribe or freed into the vast waste land if he refuses to join the tribe, to survive or die on his own. They believe that only true victory is the obliteration of there enemy...thus many times on this world there has been outright attempts at geneside.

The chapter was train by members of the Space wolves, hence although there geneseed ties to the Blood Angels, there tactics and organization are similiar to the Space wolves.

They refer to the thirst as the "Longing" for the blood of there enemies. They will ritually drink the blood of there fallen enemies and wil eat there hearts to gain there strength. The Black rage as "Those who have succum to the spirit of the Hunt." These marines are organized into there own elite warband the Blood Pack and used as advance shock or suicide troops. Because of there development as a chapter although they are aware of the link to the blood angel bloodline the vision of sanguinus confuses them, for in there belief system Horus would have proven himself to be the stronger warrior and thus the just victor., but they know to follow Horus is wrong and against there living God the Emperor so the shamans(equivilent of rune priests) explain the vision of Sanguinus as the Emperor's way of reminding them that strength without cunning, and bravery without wisdom will lead to your doom. That Sanguiness was a noble warrior but made a critical error in his confrontation with Horus that led to his doom. The Black rage/or The Blood lust of the hunt as they refer to it is the emperors way of helping them Avenge the death of there Primarch, and testing there control over themselves in combat when rage almost completely dictates there actions. The Shamans use many rituals to aid the members of the Blood Packs to control themselves once they have succumb to the Lust.

More to come later. Not even sure if they will definately be a cursed founding yet...do not want to be cheesy.

No.... That was actually really helpful, I like the Idea that they are almost completely stoic and disciplined almost to an extreme.  They Have trained themselves over the eons to be near emotionless, and are obsorbed with the protection of those things they deem sacred to the chapter and the emperor.  They were trained by Vetrans of the Dark angels who would later make up some of the members of the chapters command.  Probably make the a 5th or 6th founding, I want them to be old enough to have a long history to support there ritualistic and extremely spiritual nature.  I have narrowed the names down to the following.

1. Angels of Light

2. Tears of vengence

3. Tears of the Angels

4. The Angelwright

5. Saints Angelus

For number 2 and 3 I would slightly change there logo and replace the Floure De Lie with a tear drop. so would like to take a "poll" on what people think of the narrowed down list.

Angels of Light is my choice.

Let me know if you want me to stew on some more fluff.

Belial Out

If your Chapter has no emotions, then Tears of vengence and Tears of the Angels are out. And since they are protecting sacred relics of the Emperium then Guardians of Light or Protecters of the light would be more fitting.

Just my opinion, I hope it helps out a little.

Well I have nailed it down to the final 3.

1. Angels of Light

2. Tears of the Angels

3. The Angelwright.

all three sound good to me and could have good explination for the name.

The first is obvious.

The second could be a metaphor of how there training and need for lack of emotion is almost Sad that they have given up part of what made them Men/human.

The third refers to the religous aspect there devotion to there studies, training and duty. Still debating. And Yes Grand Master Belial more input is appreciated...the Blood jackal fluff is comming to me easily but I guess because I lack knowledge about the Dark angels this is stumping me a little.

Okay, time for some Fluff. Italicized can be edited

During the time of the Great Crusade was a time of Epic Heroes and Epic battles. It was a time when the Emperor walked among men and his sons the Primarchs of the Legios Astartes.

On one such planet an Epic battle did take place. In the system renamed Josephson, the Legions of the Dark Angels and the Ultramarines fought to conquer a wayward world of humans intent on maintaining their soverignty and independence. The battle was fierce as the humans of the world had invented a new material that was light and incredibly resistant to the weapons of the MK3 armoured Marines. A material known today as Ceramite. With this wonderous material the human population was able to wither the merciless barage from the Legions and return the favor in kind. However, the tactical prowess of Lion El'Jonson was far superior to the humans of the world and through the use of a false withdrawl was able to draw out the human population from their protected fortifications and into a valley where the Ultramarine Legion completed a flawless ambush and destroied the fighting resistance to a man. The shock of the utter annihlation of the worlds premier fighting force brought about the surrender of the planet into the Emperor's rule.

The Primarch of the Ultramarines (sitting aside in this battle) was intriqued in the new material Ceramite and the efficient design of the capital city. This discovery was immediately sent to the Adepts on Mars. During this time, the Ultramarines managed to pass on ideas to rebuilt and how to improve on their efficient designs. The Lion stayed back and oversaw the logistics from the battle and preparations to continue the Crusade. During this time that he learned of the horrific losses and one in particular, Karl Josephson. The Supreme Commander of the Imperial Guard attached to the Legions to assist them in mopping up after the Marines break the back of the resistance. It was thought by the troops that the Supreme Commander was blessed by the Emperor and until then had never seen the Medicae for so much as a scratch. His loss was mourned by the Imperial Guard and the Lion who had never seen mourning on such as scale before was so touched that a tear formed in his eye and rolled down his cheeck. As it hit the ground, he decreed that this ground should be sancitified and that one day the Dark Angels will return and provide an honor guard on this now hallowed ground.

It would be many centuries before that promise was honored.

As the Librarians on the Rock were searching for remaining records of the Dark Angels from before the fall of Caliban. The Rock entered into the Josephson. On the planet below they were reminded of the Lion's promise. The Angels vowed to honor their father's promise and his involvement in the planet's history. A communique was sent to the High Lords of Terra who were debating the possible Fifth Founding of Marine Chapters. The High Lords also made sure that the promise of a Primarch was honored and in the Fifth Founding the Tears of the Angels were founded.

A squad from each company of Dark Angels was selected to be the foundation of the new chapter and began the construction of the new chapter. They began to recruit from the local population and soon they had a number of scouts being trained to become Marines.

The original squads would rotate duty guarding the shrine erected to honor Cmdr Josephson and the warriors that fell that day. Knowing that Dark Angels had bled this field gave the old ones pause and they took to their charge with same zealotry they were known for as Dark Angels. In time the new rectruits took to the same zealotry and soon it became custom for the Recruits to stand perfectly rigid guarding their posts. In time it became the custom. The tradition of guarding once every ten days has never been broken save in times when a number of the Chapter was called away to turn away a hostile force approaching the system.

++END++

Here's the start of the Chapter. I hope you like it. Critique it as you will. I'll check back on Monday.

Belial Out.

That sounds awsome..... :devil:

Planet Name: Citadel

it even gave me a few idea's for how there society could be organized...although they were a modern society with machines and weapons there government was set up in a feudal system organization. There government ruled by and aristocratic society, with a system of regional govenors and Lords. Each govenor had a certain number of lords under him depending on the size of the teritory they were assigned to govern. Each lord was required to have a certain amount of Noble Knights and Sheriffs that would run the regions army and Militia. All members of the ruling class were in the same bloodline of ancestry. Traceing it back thousands of years. Until the coming of the emperor and his army's they looked at there High Lord or King as the living representitive of there god. They were also an extremely eclesiastical society wich is why they drew interest from the Dark angels. After the time of the emperors arrival, the king knelt and recognized him as the living god incarnate, and the emperor with respect to there society and how noble and honorable they fought, recognized there king as the voice of his will on this planet. When it was decided years later that a chapter be developed from this world it was decreed that one of the sons of the King shall be trained and his skills honed to eventually become the Chapter master of this new Founding, and that the second born son of the noble lords shall find his place amongst the new chapter also, these men will eventually make up the vetran squads. The Chaplains and apocrathies would be taken from the well established highly dedicated and extremely devoute eclesiatical society of monks, bishops and priests.

The remaining members of the chapter were to be drawn from the sheriffs who would be in place to become seargents and worthy warriors of there military forces...no common man could take there place amongst the new chapter. Given the high population of this world and the large noble class there has never been a shortage of candidates. All members of the noble class and warrior guild begin there training for there armies of the king and there candidacy for the new chapter at the age of 10. these people live in an high organized military society with a strict set of laws and codes to live by.

Check this out for a new possible name. "Knights of the Lionheart"....in honor of the Primarch who helped to reorganize and shape there society, and who kept his word to the people of this world. Symbol, Lion head skull faceing forward with wings on either side with the sword behind it. ;) So what do you think Belial?

That sounds awsome..... :P

Planet Name: Citadel

...Symbol, Lion head skull faceing forward with wings on either side with the sword behind it. :P So what do you think Belial?

I like it. It is more plausible than my rehash of the Gaunt's Ghost book fighting for the Sabbatine Shrine.

Instead of a Lion skull, why not put a mane around the hilt of the sword or put the sword through a heart (which should go well with the color scheme). To me it seems a little complicated and a whole army with this symbol might get a bit taxing.

Belial Out.

Archived