my nilla marines chapter

Even if they are close to the Ultramarines in terms of philosophy, then you still have scope to examine how and why they differ from them. For instance, you could focus on an aspect of the Ultras, taking it further in your one.

An example is my DIY chapter, that see the Crimson Fists as their parent chapter. I was interested by a relatively obscure piece of Crimson Fists background that they had wiped out two chapters that had been classed 'renegade' for the Adeptus Terra / Inquisition, and so emphasised this aspect, doing lots of missions for the =][= including also wiping out rogue chapters, and examining how this would affect their organisation, history, and importantly for me how they would be percieved by other loyal chapters (Fear? Distrust? Suspicion?)

Another possibility for your chapter is see how the homeworld / original culture of it's marines would skew the ultramarines codex view on things.

It is a good start, and we will be happy to give you feedback on your ideas to develop it further. :cuss

Thanks for the comments,im kind of hoping I'll have the fluff by end of the weekend,just waiting for a friend but I can put you on a kind of idea I want.

-chapter lives within its fleet

-they are not mercifull to enemies,and will not stop to try and destroy them all.

-chapter is close to the Ultramarines,but believe that there should be no rest before battles but only war."In the grim darkness of future,there is only war"-GW

-they do not believe in scouts as a troop choice,or even a choice at all,they only accept units that are not scouts.

-a maximum of one dreadnought is allowed.

-a maximum of one bike squad and landspeeder squad are allowed

well thats all i can think of for now,once again thanks for you time and comments,

Capt. Isalia

-chapter lives within its fleet

-they are not mercifull to enemies,and will not stop to try and destroy them all.

-chapter is close to the Ultramarines,but believe that there should be no rest before battles but only war."In the grim darkness of future,there is only war"-GW

Sounds good, as long as you dont use that quote in their fluff, seeing as it doesnt exist in the future

-they do not believe in scouts as a troop choice,or even a choice at all,they only accept units that are not scouts.

-a maximum of one dreadnought is allowed.

-a maximum of one bike squad and landspeeder squad are allowed

How do they get new recruits trained for battle? Giving them Power Armour straight away could be risky to resources. They could do some serious training aboard ships, but unless they are trained in a killing is accepted scenario they need battle training.

Why Only one dread?

Why only one bike/speeder?

You have some good end points, but why's always need to be answered

Ferrata

1 dread because they believe more in infantry and tanks

1 bike/speeder same as dread

So its a tactical choice, not a belief choice. Sounds ok, maybe work this into their background

Ferrata

Archived