Frost Wyrms - 3rd Founding Salamanders

Krooter

I think the point isn't that the Salamanders have been "ignored". It's that their numbers were so severely reduced in the Istvaan Drop Site Massacre that they didn't have the numbers to form any Successors in the 2nd Founding. Apparently the Iron Hands didn't suffer as much in the treachery, and the Raven Guard resorted to risky accelerated cloning in order to renew their numbers following the event. The Salamanders, however, lived up to their resoluteness and allowed their strength in numbers to come back over time.

If you really want to creater a Salamanders Successor, go for it.

Tyler's exactly right. The Salamanders didn't contribute to the second founding because they didn't have the numbers to feasibly split.

You would still be able to create a third founding chapter and say it was the Salamanders' first successor chapter.

White armor with blue scale hides would look pretty sweet I think.
Actually, the armour will be dark silver with a lighter trim, and look more gothic, with purity seals etc instead of lizard skin. Originally I though that they would resemble the Imperial Fist too much when someone pointed out too me Salamanders are just as decorated as Imperial Fists, just differently.

like the name, now lets see some fluff and some colours

Fluff on the way, actual models.....that may take some time :D

As a fellow dreamer-upper of Salamander successors, I say bully for you! I think the fact that the Sallies tend to be overlooked can be seen as a strength, though. They're tough, resolute fighters, yet seem more intelligent, skillful, and moralistic than other chapters. Knights in green I guess. Though since they are supposedly dark-skinned, could it be racism on the part of GW?

I like the name, but I have to say, a dark color scheme wouldn't fit it very well. I think you should try a few before you decide. I know you mentioned silver, so I thught maybe something like this would be a possibility?

gallery_18392_344_22223.jpg

Ohh! Just hit me! FOr the chapter badge, you should just recolor the salamander logo, but add tiny icicles dangling from the neck spines!

like the name, but I have to say, a dark color scheme wouldn't fit it very well. I think you should try a few before you decide. I know you mentioned silver, so I thught maybe something like this would be a possibility?
Sorry mate, no blue. Dark silver with lighter trim, details in really dark purple and really dark teal.

Ohh! Just hit me! FOr the chapter badge, you should just recolor the salamander logo, but add tiny icicles dangling from the neck spines!

Salamander logo of course, your idea seems sound so I might try it. But the colour is staying the way it is.

I was going to do a Sallie sucessor onece..... :devil:

I think its good that the Sallie's never had an offical sucessor, it gives them a more one off feel and makes them an underdog, which I always like.

Ferrata

I'm glad you like the logo idea! Please do send along pics if you use it.

As for the colors, though, it's your call. The reason I think we disagree with you is that we have different mental images. When you say the name Frost Wyrm, I think most people picture something like a Frost Worm or Frost Salamander. I know you like the silver idea, but I can't help but think of a SIlver Dragon unleashing his icy, blue breath.

was going to do a Sallie sucessor onece
Always a project, never the time. :devil:

As for the colors, though, it's your call. The reason I think we disagree with you is that we have different mental images. When you say the name Frost Wyrm, I think most people picture something like a Frost Worm or Frost Salamander. I know you like the silver idea, but I can't help but think of a SIlver Dragon unleashing his icy, blue breath.

True, but I'm trying to hammer home the "gothic-ness" and "militaristic-ness" and white just screams cease fire to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

When I started Marines I was going to do a Salamander's successor chapter, but the local players said there were none and basically talked me out of it. So instead, I play actual Salamanders.

However, the idea of a later successor chapter, why not? The second founding is out, but after that go for it.

Archived