Frost Wyrms

Krooter

Now before I right fluff for my armies I always do the basics to get the feel of the army, same as doing character sketches for my independent characters.

The * refer to footnotes at the end of the post.

=====================================================

NAME: FROST WYRMS

HERALDRY: DARK STEEL ARMOUR, LIGHTER TRIM

GENESEED: SALAMANDERS

When the Codex Astartes was released the First Founding Legions were asked to split into smaller units known as Chapters
This sounds too much like the releasing of the marine 4th ed codex or something - "newly released Codex astartes from the award winning guillimen. Servitors give it 8/10" ;) Why not change it to read something like when the codex Astartes was laid down - seems more gothicy

Many Primarchs rebelled against the idea of splitting their legions, though in the end they reluctantly did, knowing that Guilliman

Yet, the Salamanders First Founding Legion, though seeing the wisdom in the suggestion, was the only not to give rise to other chapters. Instead they chose to watch and wait, re-building its numbers after the Istvaan Drop Site massacre, and seeing what progress would be made under these ideals.
Not sure about this bit. I never got the feeling that the Sallies went "No, we are not doing that", more they didnt have the numbers to split, probably under 1500 men. Maybe rephrase it to something about the inability to split.

It was not until the Third Founding that the elders of the Salamanders decreed that a successor could, and would, be created

Chapters dont "decree" when the HLoT can use their geneseed to make a chapter. The Lords just decided & most chapters, outside of the 2nd founding, wouldnt know how often the seed is used and how many chapters they child.

As loki said about company size, I think small companies would add more to the chapter over large companies. I think your trying to have a sucessor chapter that the sallies never had, but I think theres a better way around it. Make them be created in their own right in the 3rd founding, with the Sallies being sent for to give veterans. Then have them fight side by side for a while so they become more friends over parent-child.

Ferrata

When the Codex Astartes was released the First Founding Legions were asked to split into smaller units known as Chapters

This sounds too much like the releasing of the marine 4th ed codex or something - "newly released Codex astartes from the award winning guillimen. Servitors give it 8/10"  Why not change it to read something like when the codex Astartes was laid down - seems more gothicy

Will try.

Many Primarchs rebelled against the idea of splitting their legions, though in the end they reluctantly did, knowing that Guilliman

As for the "codex was released" bit, how about "when the codex was first published?"

Instead of "rebelled", how about "scoffed at the idea?"

I do suppose that would fit in with ironloki's servitor rating ;) .

Archived