+ How to name your DIY Chapter +

Aurelius Rex

I would not recommend that people create a rash of number chapters, (dreading the inevitable '49'ers' chapter now... :D ) but thinking about a chapter number as well as a name might be a nice characterful nugget of background.

It could be much worse, and I'm fairly certain you could figure out how by turning off your brain's "maturity" and "family friendly content" filters.

+++Mod addition: Oh yes... that is why I didn't mention +that+ particular number... :( That kind of discussion is for a whole different kind of Internet forum. :P Aurelius. +++

A good tip, imo, is to bounce random words around with friends, do some word association. Eventually you'll end up with a massive list of names, ranging from the goofy and best avoided (Wehateultramarines Marines and the Order of the Satsuma are favourites from my last session) through to the really cool (Scar Titans, Crusaders for the Lost Sword).

Just make sure you ask different people which is best, otherwise you might end up with a wise-ass friend persuading you to name your chapter something really stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

We seem to have come to a halt with the thread.

Would some brave soul like to collate and distil the above that I can add to the Chapter Creation Stickypost? A form of immortality beckons for the best... :P

Hehe its a habit I've picked up from the OL - its like a nurgle disease only they are more pimply and smelly ;)

Nice work. Im glad I didn't attempt to collect at the info together :)

I'm an English student myself; It's just I write in notepad rather than Microsoft Word and so I don't have the automated spell-checker. Sometimes when you look at something hard enough it all blurs and the mistakes get missed. Thank you for the spot.

If anyone else has any comments, critiques or alterations, I'd be glad to hear them.

Archived