Can you do this

dragonking

Can marines who are not renegade but are somewhat isolated and rarely recieve shipments of equipment and resuply use armor that they modify with parts from chaos marines/traitor legions that they have beaten without being declared heritc etc....

The reason I ask is because I want to add some chaos bits to my Blood Wraiths to make them look more gothic but do not want to make them traitor or renegade. I am still working on a detailed fluff for them and part of it is they are so far out on the fringes of the Imperium they rarely recieve resuply and are forced to use some scavanged equipment...but if this is a no no that is fine. Not weapons not trying to power play just armor bits etc...

Sure you can. You could even use the weapons as long as they have a loyal version. You could use chaos bolters if you prefer the look, or even autocannons and class them as ass.cannons. As long as they look like marines, tell your oppenent your a loyal list so they dont thik their fighting chaos and you could use chaos marines.

Ferrata

I did the same theing. About the spikes and icons: I cut away anu obvious chaos symbols. I trimmed down the arrows on the legs and used GS to continue the lines accross the armor. I left all the spikes. Still very gothic looking and much more "brutal" than normal loyal marines. Just remember if it "screams" chaos, people will think it's chaos.

better days.

Archived