+ IA: Imperial Castellans +

Ferrata

*Raise My Pretty! From The Ashes Of Death You Shall Be Reborn*

Are we running with using Dimmamar or are we making our own religous planet?

How many forts?

Where in the galaxy?

Ferrata

Quick Planet Idea

Key:

Red - Big worlds. Recruit from here

Blue - Smaller Worlds, companies based here

Green - smallest planets, empty forts

Edited by Ferrata

That planetary arrangement should do the trick, or at least the numbers. We'll need to move 'em around into a suitably round-about route to get there. World-wise, I'd say make our own, but if we get a majority calling for Dimmamar... :)

Anyways, I'll get right on the Intro bit, have it up in about ten, fifteen max.

Ahkay, Intro bit done. Comments, criticism, insults, etc. are all welcome (well, except maybe the insults ^_^).

Somber and stalwart guardians of the Emperor, the Imperial Castellans are shining proof of the Emperor
Edited by Brother-Librarian Akritedes

Intro was good, just shortened it bit. How do you like

Somber and stalwart guardians of the Emperor, the Imperial Castellans are shining proof of the Emperor
Edited by Ferrata

I'm pretty sure it was intended to be 1600.. or was it meant to be 6000?

A small ideas:

the end of the pilgrimage could be a sort of cathedral planet, as if its religious significance vastly outweighs any strategic or political significance, and so almost the entire planet is covered with shrines and vast cathedrals.

Wait, 3rd Founding was M33? Wha? The means the last twenty three foundings were all within eight millenia of each other, and that doesn't seem right... :rolleyes:

Anyways, my idea was to get them done so they came about before the Age of Apostasy and Vandire Gogh's Reign of Blood. Sixteen millenia seemed appropriate..

wait, wait, hang on. wasn't the second founding only 10,000 years ago? As in, right after the heresy? 16 millenia is 6 thousand years pre-heresy isn't it? And thus 6,000 years before the legions were broken down into chapters.

The Age of Apostasy was post heresy, wasn't it M36? So they only need to be.. 5 or 6 millenia old to be pre-Apostasy. so M35 or M34 say. Not M24 - which is pre-Age of Strife..

Edited by my_name_is_tudor

Well, I've been following along with your little creation here, mainly because of my current interest in my own space based chapter. (don't worry, I'll be staying away from most of your ideas...)

Anyways, I think I've found something that might be of use to you in your creation. GW has all of the rules for BFG posted on the web, and the following link gives background info on imperial ships, including the Space Marine fleets (about halfway down)

Linky (PDF)

Hope you find it helpful!

Cheers silver, should be handy.

We really need something to kick all the major players on this thread back into action - I tell you, I am plum out of ideas.

It seems we were all very good at coming up with the sort of feel and vague histroy of the chapter - but putting it into solid terms is a whole new kettle of fish..

++oo thousandth post.. nice++

Edited by my_name_is_tudor

Definately made up, although a Knightly/pilgrim influence wouldn't hurt. After that we'll want to name the two Castellan homeworlds, plus any particular Way-Forts that have some tactical/historical influence or value for the Chapter.

Lessee...we know it's a Cardinal world, so something religious...Telluria? Now, that's a random name alright...I blame my odd mind for coming up with that. ::cuss:

Whats Terullia ? :)

Sounds not bad. I like taking the crusader states and trying to have names that are slightly similar or have the same effect as them, if you know what I mean

Jerusalem (A bit boring to work with in my eyes)

Antioch (Nice sounding)

Tyre

Tyrol

Edessa

Tripoli

Jaffa

Ascalon

I Think medieval names are best.

I definately think one of them should have a T at the beginning as T is a cool letter ^_^ :) Lets see if we can throw out some names and pick the best.

:ot: It's something from over on DI. It was a rather Britain-esque world that produced a large number of very fine guardsmen, but one of their more prominent Captain-Generals made a few career mistakes and got thrown in the lock-up with a death sentance. His troops busted him out, and he's been promoting the "True Imperial Democracy" ever since. Needless to say, the Inquisition was not happy, and there have been a number of purges amongst the remaining loyal Terullians...

Honestly, that surprised me, didn't think of that part. Kudos to Mol for finding some unconscious or subliminal reason for my name choice...I think. Anyways, more on-topic...

I like Tyre and Tyrol, sorta. Antioch is always good, but because of that (and because of Monty Python), we may want to avoid it due to the popularity and mass recognization of it. :)

Other "T" names...

Torm

Tolbard

Tor

Tatia

Taim

Ok, I went away for the weekend and forgot to tell anyone :ph34r: Before anyone asks, it was one of my fun weekends playing with fake swords (dont ask more) Slightly dead at the moment, so if I can get my head back before I go to sleep I'll get back to this. If not, your gonna have to wait for tommorrow

Ferrata

Welcome back Ferrata. Don't worry, I spent the last week virtually in non-stop party land, so my head is out of it as well.

Anyhoo...

What about Scheshasch as one of the way-forts or something? I kinda like it. Or Judecca, Cocytus, Ptolomaea, Caina, Antenora or Eunoe?

Ok, so I'm just reading the names from my copy of il Divina Comedia, but they're cool names.

Tyrol works well, mind; and as cool as Antioch is, a lot of people will just expect a holy hand grenade as soon as they hear the name (partly thanks to Monty Python's Holy Grail, partly because the Worms games adopted it as a weapon), and I don't think anyone wants to make hundreds of people think:

"One... Two... Five!"

"Three, sir!"

"Three!"

I think crusade names would be best. Seeing as the Castellans defend pilgrims going to a holy place, and the crusades where basically a big armoured pilgrim outing, it makes sense. So Medieval names for characters (maybe selecting on of the nations, french? german? english? italian? spanish?). Then we can take one of their regions as one homeworld, and a crusade destination as the other. Then we can take other names for the other wayforts.

Ferrata

I think crusade names would be best. Seeing as the Castellans defend pilgrims going to a holy place, and the crusades where basically a big armoured pilgrim outing, it makes sense. So Medieval names for characters (maybe selecting on of the nations, french? german? english? italian? spanish?). Then we can take one of their regions as one homeworld, and a crusade destination as the other. Then we can take other names for the other wayforts.

Ferrata

And if you don't modify them at all, it'll seem utterly unoriginal... :devil:

It's important to balance the real-world and the 41st Millenium. Take 30 seconds extra and modify something, even just a little - 'Sons of Teutonia' is better than the original 'Teutonic Knights'.