Yet another DIY chapter....

Morpheous

hey

I'm starting up a DIY chapter soon and i'm going to have this colour skeme

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/PuRe_EvIl26/tester.jpg

And this as the chapter badge

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/PuRe_EvIl26/Skull1.jpg

What do you think? i'm not really happy with the badge...any ideas?

-Morph

WEll i haven't really thought about it tbh..i was wanting them to be called "the lost souls" and have them using infiltrating tactics....and having mostly infantry (that means hardley any tanks,dreads OR bikers :P ) and i aslo wanted to put alot of scouts in there and i also had the idea of a devastaros squad or 2 in razor backs? and i was thinking they could have their geneseed from the ravenguard? ^_^

-Morph

If they are sneaky they dont need to be from Ravenguard stock. Its normally genetic qualities you gain from geneseed. So fangs from wolf stock (although its unstable) and pale skin from Ravenguard ^_^

Okay, well that's why we're here - to get you to think about it. Have a think about your chapter's theme.

• Why were they created?
  • When?
  • What's their homeworld like, if they have one, and does the character of the homeworld influence the chapter?
  • How does the chapter fight?
  • How are they organised? Do they follow the codex or something totally different?
  • Which Primarch are they descended from, and has his gene-seed affected them at all?

The best chapters are one that have a strong theme running through them. You're saying the Lost Souls. Why are they lost? What have they done?

They don't even have to be "Lost" per se or even been the catalyst for something dark in their past or present.

Maybe they are just doomed, that fate has played a cruel joke on their existence - and therefore ... "Lost".

Okay, well that's why we're here - to get you to think about it. Have a think about your chapter's theme.
  • Why were they created?

• When?

• What's their homeworld like, if they have one, and does the character of the homeworld influence the chapter?

• How does the chapter fight?

• How are they organised? Do they follow the codex or something totally different?

• Which Primarch are they descended from, and has his gene-seed affected them at all?

The best chapters are one that have a strong theme running through them. You're saying the Lost Souls. Why are they lost? What have they done?

Hmm,i'm not going into great detial but i will later and i'm not good with fluff so here is goes..,they were created to carry out lightning assults upon the forces of chaos during abadons 13th crusade. They have no homeworld and they fight by using infiltrating and deepstrikng tactcs and don't use many tanks.They are organised so they use hardley any vechiles but lots of scouts and 6 men tactcial squads to make it easier to carry out covert operations. The Primarch they descend from is Corax ( or Jaghtai Khan,because they have changed to use the element of surprise rather than speed...and corax becasue they infiltrae forward and find weak spots in the enemys battle line and concentrate fire upon that spot.)

The only reason why they were called the lsot souls is because of the colours... :rolleyes: they just looked sort of etheral and ghost like so i called them lost souls... :unsure:

-Morph

- They can't have been founded to carry out assaults during the 13th Black Crusade. The twenty-sixth marine founding occured over 200 years before the current time. The Imperium also didn't have advanced warning of the 13th Black Crusade. It takes 50 years or so to fully establish a chapter. Perhaps your marines were founded in the aftermath of another black crusade... though that would make your chapter Astartes Praesus - one of the twenty chapters guarding the Eye of Terror.

I find that "the lost souls" isn't really a likely name for a chapter master to choose for his marines... it just sounds overly whiny. My opinion.

Finally! Somone has found a use for my idea. I've had something similar in my mind for a while. A zombie/undead themed army. It'd be especially awesome if you made them look dirty and "fresh" from the grave. Not sure about the name. but I like the flaming skull idea. You should tweak it so the flames coem from BEHIND the skull, and give it glowing red eyes. As for the paint scheme, it could look similar to this. I think that looks like the rotting flesh is falling off the bleaced bones. The wings even look like a ribcage.

gallery_18392_344_21402.jpg

Well who says they can't infiltrate? They could use the tunneling machines to rise up from the ground! I just don't think a paint scheme heavy on rotting flesh says "ethereal." If you want a ghostly army, the Legion of the Damned comes to mind, they appear and disappear where they are needed, and have that cool flaming skeleton look. If you want a ghostly DIY army, they should be painted in way that makes them hard to see.

I just don't think a paint scheme heavy on rotting flesh says "ethereal."

with white and rotting flesh GW painted up all the ghosts for LotR. but thats just a side note. maybe your army was founded after a the 11th black crusade to defend againist the eye of terror named something else. serving a long and well fought history they were heavily massacred during the 12th black crusade. feeling dishonored the chapter disappeaered. even reported as fully destroyed. during the 13th crusade the lost souls were reported at several enguagements infiltrating and desturbing the supply lines and other things to the chaos troops. it is since to be found that the lost souls have taken a life pentience crusade again forces of chaos till the dishonor they befell during the 12th crusade has been revenged. or something

I have to disagree with the statements that white & pale green don't give an image of ethereal. I think that this could be pulled off with any pale color combinations trying to give an airy feel and pale green would be my 2nd choice (after pale blue/greys). With lots of imperial iconography to make it clear that these are not Chaos marines, you shouldn't have any problems with people thinking they're Nurgle's boys.

Purple could still work but you'll need to use more subdued levels of the color - lavender, pale grayish purple, that type of thing.

Actually, I think that your original idea of green is the better choice. You might find some of the replies to this thread in the Painting forum useful:

Link

Archived