Shadow Knights

Wolfsrage

I'm workin on my DIY army, the Shadow Knights and I was thinking these traits go together well and will be good for writing fluff. Any thoughts?

Take the Fight to Them (They are knights after all)

See but don't be seen (they are sneaky hence the shadow)

Die Standing (don't use drop pods / transport vehicles)

Flesh over Steel (don't like heavy tanks / transport vehicles)

I could pick four traits at random from the codex and they could go together well. The main idea behind the trait system is its versatility.

For us to really know, we need more than four lines about your chapter. You need to give it some thought.

You say they're Knights. Knights to me suggests suits of armour, horses, jousting... shields emblazoned with heraldry. Warriors marching to battle. Then you switch to sneaky fighting, stabbing people in the back. Not very honourable, or knight-like.

If you're keen on making a DIY chapter, work the other way. Give them some fluff, and then try to find traits that match them.

I agree with Molotov. We need more information about your chapter if you would like our help or some such.

Not very honourable, or knight-like.

Again i agree... too Raven Guard for a name with Knights in it.

just my thoughts (well my agreeing thoughts linked to Molotov's points)

Panthro

OR stick with the trait system but tweak it.

I agree with Molotov about the "Knights" schema. Therefore, switch out the sneaky to the honorable!! Uphold the Honor of the Emperor,

OR go pseudo-Blood Angel ... you gave tactical squads the option to get CC weapons, now give them the ability to fight well = No Mercy, no respite.

I'll check it out. No mercy no respite COULD work.

Then you switch to sneaky fighting, stabbing people in the back. Not very honourable, or knight-like.

Didn't think infiltrating was sneaky or backstabbing. Just represented them using the cover to their advantage to advance into combat quicker. I mean I wanted a cool name and traits that actually work effectively in game. Sorry but I'm not taking a trait like Uphold the Honor of the Emperor just because it sounds knightly. I don't have any time right now to write up fluff but I'll see about writing a bit each night. (School starting soon and other nonsense)

++EDIT++ On a side note I can't think of the name of the movie, but anyway I kinda like the idea of a "Holy Warrior" operation fighting behind the scenes and protecting mankind. I believe in the movie it was christian's, the movie was crap but the concept was cool, anyway marines are close enough to holy I guess.

I think it'll make some more sense if I take their (the writers concept of a holy organization working behind the scenes) and apply it to some fluff and them hammer it out. Maybe warriors fighting a battle the imperium isn't told about. Using terrain & cover to their advantage to defeat their enemies.

Archived