Ordo Draconic

Talock

hi all i'm working on putting a small codex together using marine chapters based around dragon type stuff with every thing colours, weapons, special units, so far i have to the Black Dragons and the Celestial Dragons but more is needed.

What i'm look for is others people have made and would like to take part in this or if you just want to give name ideas that would help to

also any ideas people may have one such Order plz feel free to post them all comments well help alot

ok thank you all for your time

You need to perhaps elaborate more on what your wanting. Are you wanting suggestion names for chapters that have dragon iconogrophy? or are you looking for people with dragon styled chapters. Remember you may have a dragon stylised chapter but not have the name dragon in their chapter ^_^

You need to perhaps elaborate more on what your wanting. Are you wanting suggestion names for chapters that have dragon iconogrophy? or are you looking for people with dragon styled chapters.  Remember you may have a dragon stylised chapter but not have the name dragon in their chapter ^_^

i'm looking for any thing armys that have a dragon stylised that may not have dragon in the name and chapters that have dragon iconogrophy i'm write a Ordo that is based around it in all aspects any any thing even a little idea about a weapon made of dragon bone that some one may have had would help tons

Talock, you need to be patient. Liber is one of the quietest parts of the Bolter and Chainsword. It's not uncommon to have to wait ages to get decent comments.

Now, why are you writing an 'Ordo' about it? I presume it's a copy of the Aegyptus Astartes. Now, the Aegyptus Astartes aren't official, it's simply the name used for the Egyptian-esque chapters. Most of the chapters are Egyptian themed because of the influence the Sons of Sekhmet had. The Aegyptus Astartes are called as such by the scribes of the Imperium because it's easier. But the key thing is that all the chapters work closely together

Avoiding the fact that an Ordo is usually a sub-division of the Inquisition, I'm not sure that there would be an 'Ordo Draconic'. These chapters aren't dragon-themed because of the influence they exert upon eachother, and you can't say that the Black Dragons have done much with the other chapters because you're manipulating official fluff.

I really would like to understand the motivation behind the creation of this "Ordo Draconic". I fear that you're not going to get many responses.

The Draco Astartes! I like it! I think we should do something like that.

I'm planning a Salamander successor chapter called the Platinum Dragons. I haven't started making minies yet, probably won't till later this year. I do have a bit fo fluff in mind, though. For now I'll just have to give you my final paint scheme.

gallery_18392_344_15031.jpg

Well, here's one potential idea for tying together a tome about otherwise unrelated draconic chapters. Have the document take the view of an Inquisitorial-type fact-gathering document. Not a full-blown investigation, but something that's been put together by low-level functionaries to keep tabs on something that the high-level types think is worth keeping tabs on. You could say, for instance, that the recurrance of draconic imagery and iconography is somewhat disturbing. Is it a sign of something more sinister, lurking beneath the surface, that is slowly tainting the Astartes? Perhaps some of these chapters seem too caught up in their draconic icons, placing not enough emphasis on the Emperor for the Inquisition's liking? I could see some Inquisitor colating all this unrelated data and raising an eyebrow. Wondering. Wondering....

Anyway, you've got a halfway fluffy reason to compile a list of draconic chapters and lay out all their similarities and differences and such.

And, yes, at some point I will be getting my Imperial Dragons fluff finalized and posted. Lately I've just been too busy gluing little plastic marines together to write anything. ^_^

Well, here's one potential idea for tying together a tome about otherwise unrelated draconic chapters.  Have the document take the view of an Inquisitorial-type fact-gathering document.  Not a full-blown investigation, but something that's been put together by low-level functionaries to keep tabs on something that the high-level types think is worth keeping tabs on.  You could say, for instance, that the recurrance of draconic imagery and iconography is somewhat disturbing.  Is it a sign of something more sinister, lurking beneath the surface, that is slowly tainting the Astartes?  Perhaps some of these chapters seem too caught up in their draconic icons, placing not enough emphasis on the Emperor for the Inquisition's liking?  I could see some Inquisitor colating all this unrelated data and raising an eyebrow.  Wondering.  Wondering....

That would certainly work - if the Astartes Draconis or whatever was the catch-all term used by the astartes to describe the dragon chapters, you could write a report about some of the dragon chapters in existence. That's certainly better than the idea of an "Ordo Draconis".

You could do a search using the qualifier "Dragon" or "Dragons" and see what hits you get. If any, read those and compile the list from there. Maybe make a blog of your project or keep it personal. If public I would contact the "owners" and see what happens.

I would imagine something similar to the Aegypus Astartes requires heavy-duty dedication, organization, time and (most-importantly) patience.

But it is done and so the Draconis Astartes can be done too :D

@ Molotov:yes i know that the Ordo is a sub-division of the Inquisition also i am not going with the name as the name of the army its just the name of the post this is the meant to be the Inquisitor Report on all know Draconic based marine chapters and their info.

@ Bahamut and Bannon: yes that one of the this i'm wanting but so far their are only three dragon chapters i know of, i need more it i want to start 'Draco Astartes' or 'Draconis Astartes' just needs time.

@ Bahamut: thank you for your armys input it has help alot

@ Ivoracle: thenx for that ok every one this 1 reson why the post is name so

My chapter is the Swamp Dragons, they don't have too many dragon based beliefs but some are present.

Other Fluff

Swamp Dragons IA

Chapter Name: Swamp Dragons

Founding: 20th

Geneseed: Blood Angels/ Ultramarines (?)

Origins: The geneseed of the Swamp Dragons is unknown because of records lost a short time after their creation. The two prevalent theories as to its nature are Blood Angels or Ultramarine geneseed. Blood Angel is suspected because of the ferocity of these warriors; however, they appear to be completely in control of themselves and no Swamp Dragon has ever succumbed to anything resembling the blood frenzy that frequently grips the Blood Angels. This apparent balance could be explained by the presence of Ultramarine seed but this does not account for the ferocity of a Swamp Dragon assault. Indeed, the origins of the unusual balance of a Swamp Dragon marine

Archived