DIY success?

mysteryman

Im not sure what you mean by stand up to established chapters. It depends on your skill but most peoples DIY's (Those who dont chop and change every week) usually develop nicely established chapters that can take a world of their own.

I.e.

SCC's Brazen Claws and Chaplain Des - Flesheasters. Both taking an established chapter (With very little fluff) and making it their own.

I like my DIY chapter as it gives me freedom to an extent. I can add what I feal a marine chapter should be like plus develop my own ideas ^_^

Well game wise thats a different story :P . You can to a certain degree chop and change your traits while as the chapters of legend have to stick with the same ones. I don't chop and change though mainly as I dont use Traits. You can have a perfectly fluffy army without using traits ^_^

There is no reason why a DIY chapter would be any more or less successful on the battlefield than an 'established' GW chapter. The whole point is that you use the same rules as everyone else, be it traits or one of the sub-codexes, and then simply come up with a background reason that they have those rules.

In that situation there is no tactical advantage or disadvantage to taking a DIY chapter, it is just down to the generalship of the player.

The only thing that might affect the way a DIY chapter is the dice gods rewarding you for coming up with an original chapter idea and seeing it through, or punishing you for falling to a cliche'd one. ^_^

Archived