++ Vor ++

Yogi

The Vor Chapter

Origins:

The Vor Chapter history is not well documented, but they are believed to have existed for approximately 2000 years. During this time they have taken part in countless battles, fighting and dying for the Imperium. In their first millennia of existence the Vor suffered a grievous loss in the Cetaganden Campaign due to a lack of planning and a cavalier attitude of the Chapter Master. With only remnants of each House (company) returning from the disaster a great time of consolidation and rebuilding was necessary. In this period the houses exiled the former Chapter Master, and the chapters focus went from faith to tactics. It is from this point that the battle record becomes consistent.

Homeworld:

The Vor are a chapter based on the eastern fringe, on an the isolated planet Barrayar. The planet of Barrayar is completely dedicated to the space marines of the Vor and expends the majority of its resources support them.

Combat Doctrine:

Vor marines are a flexible chapter who will use whatever advantage honorable or not to achieve victory. It is speculated that the even ignore the Codex Astrates and instead rely on initative and intelligence, rather then the dogma of a Primarch.

Organistation:

Due to the symbiotic relationship of Barrayar and Vor the traditions of are heavily influence by Barrayarian culture. Companies are called Houses and have their own heraldry ranging from blue and gold to brown and silver. The most high-ranking members of the chapter take on the title of Vor and add it to the front of their names (Kosigan ~ Vorkosigan). Only Captains and Masters have this honor.

Beliefs:

The Vor believe the Emperor to be a God (unlike older chapters) and are ignorant of which primarch their geneseed is derived from. Originally they fought on almost pure faith but such a style takes a disciplined mind free from all doubts. Current Vor marines use tactics and combine it with faith for even greater results.

Battle Cry:

"For the Emperor!" is generally regarded as the official battle cry of the Vor. Although many variations on this are used, most mention the Emperor.

Thoughts, suggestions, criticisms or spam welcome.

Can I suggest a different chapter name? I know what you want to do, Im a fan of the books, but you might be better dropping in something like the "Sons of the Dendarii", "Sons of Barrayar" or something similar. Simply calling them the Vor doesnt really work, IMO. Also, have a single unified colour scheme (green comes to mind, ImpSec uniform!) with House colours on one pad only, like the SW.

Otherwise you end up with (potentially) lots and lots of different colour schemes to paint....

And an army that looks a bit dodgy....

And dont be tempted to use the "hyperactive little git" either, he is just too far out of the box! ^_^

I though about that, changing the name and all. Im still indicisive, 'the Vor Chapter' sounds bad but to me 'the Vor' sounds good.

Im not sold on colours either. I did think of green but thought all green is rather boring.

Im glad someone has replied all ready especially a fan.

keep em coming.

-> The name 'The Vor' sounds peculiar to me. I understand from Mannstein's comment that this is heavily influenced by a book? The problem is that 'The Vor' is not a typical chapter name. Two questions are raised - why did you choose it, and why did your first chapter master choose it? If it's too much of a rip-off, people will know. It's much better to be subtle rather than trying to jam in influences.

-> You could explain the homeworld in much greater detail. Are these houses in evidence on the planet also? In which case, do they get political power when their children are recruited into the marines? Do the marines ever intervene in the politics between houses?

-> Mannstein has a good idea regarding your colour scheme. It would be better for your marines to unify their colour scheme. They all wear one colour, and then their shoulderpad would display their House Heraldry.

Organistation:

-> They don't know their parentage? Perhaps you ought to consider what impact that would have on the chapter.

i like it and i how your going with old 'Houses' system i don't think i've seen that used in 40k yet sorry i don't have more also i like the name The Vor
Yeah some else likes the name w00. Thanks-

> The name 'The Vor' sounds peculiar to me. I understand from Mannstein's comment that this is heavily influenced by a book? The problem is that 'The Vor' is not a typical chapter name. Two questions are raised - why did you choose it, and why did your first chapter master choose it? If it's too much of a rip-off, people will know. It's much better to be subtle rather than trying to jam in influences.

Not a typical chapter name.. thats the whole point isnt it? To be different and interesting. Personally i think alot of GW names suck (e.g. emperor's children) But people love them so I guess we all have differnet tastes.

I chose it because I always thought that it would sound cool. Its not too much of a rip off, actually Sons of Dendarii is more obviously a rip off to me.

-> You could explain the homeworld in much greater detail. Are these houses in evidence on the planet also? In which case, do they get political power when their children are recruited into the marines? Do the marines ever intervene in the politics between houses?
I didnt figure most people would want to read about the politics of a homeworld if more people ask ill add some detail.

-> Mannstein has a good idea regarding your colour scheme. It would be better for your marines to unify their colour scheme. They all wear one colour, and then their shoulderpad would display their House Heraldry.

This is where I disagree completely. I think this makes them unique. It sort of like bretoninans except if i did lots of different schemes each squad would be from the same house, so they would be basically colour coded. tact squad 1 blue gold, 2 black and silver etc. I still think this would look really cool.

-> They don't know their parentage? Perhaps you ought to consider what impact that would have on the chapter.

I thought about that, thing is when are they gonna think about that. They never had it to begin with so I think it would just be accepted. Plus they believe in the emperor like a god so I think that would take the focus away. If he was a man I think your idea would be more fitting.

more commentos plz.

Archived