The Last Griffons

Eek

Hey all, I recently completed writing a full on IA article for a chapter I just about a week or so ago. Of course, I didn't come look around on in this section of B&C until AFTER I wrote it all out, so please forgive me if any of the fluff is really pushing it in reguards to the guidelines stickied to the top of the page. Also, when I typed the fluff out in Word it all came up to just under seven pages, so I'm going to post it in a sort of 'post a chunk, get some criticism, post a chunk, get some criticism' manner. OK. If you're still reading you have to atleast be a LITTLE interested. So here we go.

Part One - The Origins of The Last Griffons:

Origins__________________________________________________________________

The origins of the Space Marine chapter known as The Last Griffons can be divided into two portions, first the formation of their forming chapter, then secondly the formation of The Last Griffons themselves. After the time of the fourth founding a marine chapter known as the Harbinger

Heh, I had this argument with Nephren-Ka. To me, an IA article is just a summary, a snap-shot of a chapter. Whilst it's very cool to write up whole volumes on your creations, if you were to compare them to chapters such as the Ultramarines, who have 10,000 years of history to write about, their IA articles are relatively short.

- How could the fourth-founding Harbingers of the Word be founded from the gene-seed of the thirteenth-founding War bearers?

- I find it odd that Morbus designed artillery shells. Leave that to the innovation of the tech-marines. Perhaps the taint had spread further than Morbus at that time?

- A regiment comprises somewhere between six to ten thousand guardsmen as I understand it. Perhaps the 'regiment' of PDF should be smaller.

- I find it hard to believe that Titus would shoot the second company captain if there's no implication at that time that the captain was involved, just to get Morbus to talk.

- Avoid the Catachan system, it's an official system, so you shouldn't try to detail things. There are plenty of systems that Virdux could hide in that you can invent yourself.

Apart from that, interesting history. I look forward to see what Morbus does with the chapter whilst Virdux disappears? My thought would be that Morbus calls the Inquisition and tells them that Virdux spread a vicious virus among the inhabitants of the planet, that Virdux is in the service of Nurgle, and let the Inquisition hunt down the last loyal members of the chapter...

- How could the fourth-founding Harbingers of the Word be founded from the gene-seed of the thirteenth-founding War bearers?
that's just poor re-reading on my part lol.

I find it odd that Morbus designed artillery shells. Leave that to the innovation of the tech-marines. Perhaps the taint had spread further than Morbus at that time?

find it hard to believe that Titus would shoot the second company captain if there's no implication at that time that the captain was involved, just to get Morbus to talk.

Well I put in that the techmarines and other higher ups were in Morbus' close council, but I guess that it was wrote out rather vaguely so I can fix that.

A regiment comprises somewhere between six to ten thousand guardsmen as I understand it. Perhaps the 'regiment' of PDF should be smaller.
squad. I'm still in the WFB mind-set where a regiment can be five me.

Avoid the Catachan system, it's an official system, so you shouldn't try to detail things. There are plenty of systems that Virdux could hide in that you can invent yourself.

Catachan was just going to be a stand in until I thought of a better name. I know that SOMEWHERE it says what planets are in that system and I'm sure that none of the ones I've made up are in it.

Apart from that, interesting history. I look forward to see what Morbus does with the chapter whilst Virdux disappears? My thought would be that Morbus calls the Inquisition and tells them that Virdux spread a vicious virus among the inhabitants of the planet, that Virdux is in the service of Nurgle, and let the Inquisition hunt down the last loyal members of the chapter...

That'll be my next project after I get the fine tuning done on this. An IA article about Morbus and the Harbinger's fall to chaos, and what they did to cover it up. I think it's a good lead that The Last Griffons have yet to be announced as an official chapter and can potentially be seen as renegades or such. But I haven't really even begun exploring that route.

Just a couple of points from me

The (original) chapter is known as Harbingers of the Word, yet Virdux shoots some poor captain from the Harbingers of the Storm (mistake i presume)

Also you say that Virdux is the leader of the 1st Company but is only a Veteran Sargeant. Wouldnt Being The leader of the 1st Company would make him a captain?

other than tht your fluffs great :D

The (original) chapter is known as Harbingers of the Word, yet Virdux shoots some poor captain from the Harbingers of the Storm (mistake i presume)

They were originally going to be the Storm Griffons, so that was just me not paying attention.

Also, some more fluff..

Homeworld______________________________________________________________

The Last Griffons landed on Offspra and settled it as their new home after the battle with the Harbingers of the Word. The moon, being entirely thick forest rendered the marine

Archived