Knights templar

manheim

Ive been working on a DIY chapter for about a week now and want to present it to you.

They are called the knights templar, the have white and red gore power armour.

I am writing rules for them with some relics and SC's trying to make then not too cheesy.

But for now heres tere history, plz comment or critisise (its patchy for the moment)

The knights templar were a chapter of the 5th founding of a chapter not know to any but the high lords of terra. they thaught themselves to be of the most purity and valour, who would do anything for the emperor includinig loose entire companies on vital missions that none but them could face and they gained a reputation for this. When the chapter they spawned from became extremly powerful in their region they were deemed excomunicate tratoris by the cult imperialis and exiled so as not to be a threat to the imperium if they grew too big and could not start another heresy.

When the knights templars father chapter was excommunicated so where they.

They strive to come back into the favout of the imperium by fighting for the emperor, quickly comeing down ot a battle feild to annihalate his foes and then dissapearing to where they are next needed...

Special rules.

Extream calm:

they are well know for their abillity to stay calm in times of stress and thus count as having master crafter weapons when shooting at an enemy unit less than half range.

Stubborn:

You may choose a squad to be Stubborn

Slow but purposful:

All models in power or gain this rule.

Weapons training:

The knight templar focus mainly on weapons traing and not so much in CC, because of this they are not as confident in combat.

When charged any units (not special characters) gain a -1 modifier in WS and I for the first trun of combat.

Relics

Grail:pts model with this item gains a 5+ inv. save-20pts

The holy bolter: this was once blessed by the emperor himself and is held in complete reverance by the chapter:The model with this item hit son a 2+ at strenght 6 with no armour save.-independant chars only-40 pts

Thanks for reading this (its still not finished) and please suggest any ways to improve it.

(ive been playing ofr 6 months and this is my first DIY chapter so plz dont be TOO harsh) :lol:

Relics

Grail:50pts model with this item gains a 5+ inv. save-20pts

The holy sabre: this was once blessed by the emperor himself and is held in complete reverance by the chapter:The mdel with this item gains one exrta attack at the end of comebat but before working out who has won which hitson a 2+ at strenght 6 with no armour save.-independant chars only-40 pts

I suggest against your own relics.. but for a 5+ invulnerable Demonhunters get a refractor field for 15 points, instead of 20. And instead of the holy sabre why not use the rules for the Dark Angels Sword of Secrets?

Im actually going to chnge the history so that it includes them being charged with stuff like defiling imperial propoganda and communication with heritics only confessed after weeks of torture :lol: if anyone gets the referance.

I want ti to be accurate.

Im not a fan of making up your own rules for your chapter, specially when the traits can cover most ideas.

Special rules.

True grit:

all models have the true grit ability

Extream calm:

they are well know for their abillity to stay calm in times of stress and thus count as having master crafter weapons when shooting at an enemy unit less than 6" away.

Also through this they gain the counter attack ability

So you've taken trust your battle brothers without paying for it.

Also squads with m/c weapons are impossible to roll without rolling each member seperately.

I wont go onto the rest, but what are the downsides to your army? If you want people to take your rules seriously and have a chance of using them against a sane player, your going to need some major drawbacks.

Ferrata

Slow but purposful:

All models in power or scout armour gain this rule.

I also don't think this should be one of your "special rules". For no extra cost you can walk an entire tac squad forward.. fire all your bolters, and assault / heavy weapons? Just takes the trait for Trust Your Battle Brothers and don't try to "create" to much and you should be fine.

Agreed! Making up your own rules like that with no cost seems....cheesy doesn't quite cut it. Dairy-farmy? Wisconsiny? If I gave my army a rule I made up like say...

Giant Robots Are Cool! - All infantry squads may take a Warhound Titan as a transport option for 1 pt.

... would you want to play me? GW may not be the best or most creative when it comes to writing rules, but if you want to make up our own as you go, I suggest you take up Calvinball. Oh, and I'll take the minis you won't be using. Want to see the rules as to why? :devil:

Extreme Calm & Slow but Purposeful

Seems a bit much. This has all the hallmarks of a SAFH (Shooty Army From Hell).

This seems to be at odds with the traditional Knights of yore who always tried to close the gap on their opponents to fight them in single combat.

I could be wrong though.

Belial Out.

Ya im going for a shooty army as i collect BA and im tired of having to get in combat 2nd turn.

Also that reminds me to add some rules which lessen my combat skills.

*at the risk of heresy suggests the playing of imperial guard, the simple fact they are IG is a close combat handicap*

But anyway I really must suggest you use the new codex traits and simply leave things be. Trying to create your own rules is "ok" if your local group are fine playing against you with it. But as you can see in the rules above you went a little overboard and created a godly close quarters shooting list. You can "create" fluffy items if you want, just use items from the codex. For example, my commander is gonna carry a "sacred hammer" which will be a master-crafted thunder hammer.

Thanks for those guys, ive made the army alot worse at combat to compencate for there shooting. Please keep the critisism coming it helps me loads.

by the way wolfsrage what do you care about herecy you a nurgle worshiper ^_^.

by the way wolfsrage what do you care about herecy you a nurgle worshiper

Haha.. I play Death Guard and a DIY Space Marine army. I meant heresy by suggesting an army that's not "bolter & chainsword".

Archived