New DIY chapter Help!

angel robertson

Hello There,

I am looking to start a new army along the lines of a black templar crusade using fluff inspired by the da vinci code! I have already started a topic in the BT forum discussing colour scheme and tactics but its the fluff i want to develop first and thought this was the best place to do it!

Mods please move if im in the wrong place!

Anyhoo! I am sure alot of you have read the da vinci code and know the story, i want to apply those ideas to the 40k universe and develop them into a history of a crusade! The first topic can be foundhere and outlines most of my ideas, please help me to expand on this!

I am not an excellant writer but im sure i can produce reasonable work!

Cheers,

AR

well I have read the da vinci code about 5 times (i'm a bit of an addict) and the knights templar were excommunicated so maybe you could go renegade, or have a corrupt commander on a crusade looking for the lady some sort of holy icon or goddess whilst being pursued by an opus dei style inquisitor. The knights templar travelled alot so have them fleet based, I hope this has helped :rolleyes:

They were excomunicated cause they resisted a merger with another "order" mandated by the pope. So maybe something along the lines of they didn't agree with the Codex, so possibly a major deviation would fit the bill. Lol, trying to remember all my crusades era history... But I guess it's a lil late for that, if i think of anything else I'll post it.

Cheers,

Slim

Right thanks for the input guys!

I i were to take it along the deviation form the codex line then i would have to use a mjor drawback in gameplay terms which is no problem but its how do i model a highly deviant army without making them look like traitors.

they need to be highly loyalist but not in agreement.

thoughts?

cheers,

AR

why not have them excommunicated but they still consider themselves loyal, like the relictors

Because so many chapters are doing that now days (unoffical ones). Thats why I'm altering how my chapter fell, because it was to easy for them to fall into that group.

Ferrata

Again, the relictors are NOT TRAITORS, they are frowned upon by many elements of the imperium, but still gain support from some radical inquisitors in the inquisition, and believe the only way they can carry out the emperor's will is to destroy chaos with it's own weapons. I agree with ferrata, too many are being (traitor) but loyal these days. I think something "different" would be more fun.

LM

Certainly true, SCC, but there is a distinction between being a traitor, and being declared a traitor by the Inquisition. ;)

Now, as Ferrata said, a 'loyal but excommunicated' chapter is becoming more and more popular. I can see why - there is a certain level of attraction in the idea of tragic heroes, hated by the very people they strive to protect.

Perhaps your chapter could be divergent from the main body of Space Marines. If you're talking about not sticking to the codex, there's no real problem there. Ultramarines would look down on you heavily, but look to chapters like the Space Wolves, who have no need at all for the Codex.

If you were talking about the religious line of the Imperium - well, 90% of Space Marine Chapters are heretics when considered against the Ecclesiarchy. Chapters that venerate primarch over Emperor are heretics in the strictest sense.

Perhaps your chapter could be one that strains the tolerance of the Inquisition? One that tends to 're-interpret' Inquisitional orders and requests, that the Inquisition hasn't been able to get their revenge on for whatever reason. A chapter that's skating on thin ice.

Archived