Planet Eaters

Before you yelled I saw this Chapter in another thread about how it was made from World Eater geneseed and i pretty sure it a offical chapter. If not i make my chapter from different geneseed. Also what traits would go with it the close combat fantics what better take the fight to them or trust in your battle brothers. Also does true git mean u hve to attacks in clw

Before you yelled I saw this Chapter in another thread about how it was made from World Eater geneseed and i pretty sure it a offical chapter. If not i make my chapter from different geneseed. Also what traits would go with it the close combat fantics what better take the fight to them or trust in your battle brothers. Also does true git mean u hve to attacks in clw

The Planet Eaters are not an Offical chapter. They were someones idea of a World Eater army, but placed in the m41 and under a different name. His idea was that during the dark founding (or was it cursed) that traitor geneseed's where used to make new chapters. Personal I dislike the idea, and if you wish to do a pre-heresy army, then its qute easy just to make the army using what ever codex you feel will give you the best results. They can just be played as a dead army.

As for traits for a combat chapter, try take the fight to them and no mercy, no respite. You get the right weapons and the good charge. Tust your battle brothers is more of a defensive trait. As for the true grit question, read your codex, its all in there

Ferrata

Just a thing that really bugs me, being a fluff-nerd. Chaos don't have Chapters!

The Legions where broken down into Chapters after the Horus Heresy by Roboute Guilleman to prevent one man holding the power of an entire Legion.

So these Planet Eaters (invariably mispronounced Plant Eaters and then jokingly called that by all your opponents) would be a Warhost/ Horde/ anyother name the Chaos Lord chooses. Being called a Chapter would be quite an insult for Chaos I think.

On Earth the Adeptus Terra created genetic repositories to produce and store Space Marine gene-seed. These banks were used to provide all new gene-seed for Space Marines, and, to prevent cross-contamination, the genetic material of each of the old Legions was isolated. Henceforth the new Space Marine Chapters would receive gene-seed only from their own genetic stock.

The gene-seed of the Traitor Legions was placed under a time-locked stasis seal, although at the time many believed these dangerous gene stocks should be destroyed. By taking direct control of the genetic stocks, the Adepts on Earth could ultimately control the Space Marines. Now they alone had the power to destroy or create Space Marine armies at will.

If you're set on creating a World Eaters successor, then you would be better off to hint at their parentage. Also, remember a large part of what made the World Eaters so ferocious was the extreme psycho-surgery World Eaters recruits underwent.

Running off the words of Molotov, if you decide to hint at their geneseed being WE odds are calling them Planet Eaters probably isn't a good idea. Its like getting hit with a bill board. Call them something different like the Devourers of something.

Even the Cursed Founding Sons of Antaeus were only vaguely hinted at being from Deathguard stock because of their extreme hardiness. Ambiguity, hinting, and reading between the lines would be the order of the day if you are dead set on making a loyal chapter from the cursed founding... if anyone found out, or they advertised the fact by calling themselves Planet Eaters, then they would be swiftly be joining the seemingly endless list of Excommunicatus, but really loyal DIY chapters. :D

Look at the codex for traits that fit the percieved background you want for the chapter.

You seemed to say that someone has created the planet slayers, (I doubt that they are official) so if they are someone elses DIY chapter, then claiming them as your own is a bit out, so the name would have to change for that reason alone. Again, if you do them as cursed founding secretly from WE geneseed then having them in pre-heresy colours would not exactly be subtle...

It seems you would rather be doing a pre-heresy WE army, to be honest, but if you want a DIY chapter of your own, then think about it, check out the Ultimate chapter Creation Thread stickypost, and get back to us with your own ideas for what you want the chapter to be like. We will be happy to give feedback on your ideas, but you have to put the work into creating an idea for us to give feedback on first... :D

Archived