Need help?

cursed knight

Hi guys, i need some help with ideas for my chapter and if u could give me any info it would be great.

I want to do a chapter called the iron knights that i heard of in one of the white dwarfs. I know it is deffinately a real chapter cos it was in an article about the storm of chaos. Thing is i dont know much about them. All i know is they are probs a 2nd or 3rd founding chapter that are crusading because of some sort of sin. Apart form that i dont know much else and couldnt find them on the GW website.

Any help would b much appreciated <_<

With there name I would think they were an Iron Hands secound founding myself

I personally don't recall any fluff about them except the stuff that was in WD about them during the EoT campign

I is a capital, u is not a word, neither is b. Netspeak not only makes normally rational people look like idiots, it's also proven to cause cancer.

They're in How to Paint Space Marines, and they're dark grey or metallic with tactical squad symbols on both shoulder pads (assault squad symbols for assault squads, Devastator symbols for Devastator squads etc...) and the chapter badge (a sort of cross with bars across the four sticky-out bits) is one a kind of shield attached to the shoulder pad (like with the GK terminators).

I is a capital, u is not a word, neither is b. Netspeak not only makes normally rational people look like idiots, it's also proven to cause cancer.

It does!?! ::cuss: thats is a truly scary thing

since there's not alot of fluff you could make up your own! make them all shiney or grey and use alot of metal bits on them.

(does net talk seriously do that?)

With there name I would think they were an Iron Hands secound founding myself

I personally don't recall any fluff about them except the stuff that was in WD about them during the EoT campign

Well, are a large ammount of them heavily bionicizedand/or extreemly paranoid about being weak ?

If the answer is yes, then they are Ferrus' children.

I'll whack this over to Liber - home of the DIY chapters.

They may well be iron hand successors but they are not a 2nd founding chapter - that title goes to the Red Talons and Brazen claws <_<

Thowk!

ironhands.com has little information on them. They say they are on a Self imposed penitent crusade. and have something to do with 13th BC.. They got their information from WD 281 p. 74. Dont take this is total truth, as ironhands.com have known to get things wrong.

Ferrata

Well here's my interpretation from my website:

The Iron Knights are described in the background for the Eye of Terror campaign as being on a self-imposed penitent crusade for some unknown reason. Therefore they have the negative traits Flesh Over Steel and Faithful Unto Death, as chapters on penitent crusades are not allowed to take on more recruits or be resupplied. To balance this out, they have to have 2 advantages from different traits. Due to having the name Iron Knights, I have selected Scions of Mars to represent the heavy armour implied by the 'Iron' which also has a slightly knightly theme to it, as well as Take The Fight To Them, as they are described as being involved in trench warfare against the Death Guard, so out of Take The Fight To Them and Be Swift As The Wind, which both make marines more knightly, Take The Fight To Them made more sense.

The Iron Champions are mentioned in the background for the Eye of Terror campaign.

Traits: Take The Fight To Them, Scions of Mars, Flesh Over Steel, Faithful Unto Death

I've often thought about collecting them (love that platinum paint job and the close combat marine horde) but they would be a bit too similar to my soul drinkers what with having a lot of close combat dudes.

Cheer's guys you've been a great help ^_^

The iron knights deffinately sound like the sort of thing im after because i like that hole repenting crusade stuff and i nearly did iron hands as well. Has any one got suggestions on modelling, should i give them loads of bionics and stuff, cos it would b a great help.

Thanks again ;)

For modelling, you'll need to get your hands on lots of miniature plastic shields (mail order them from the old grey knights models or possibly some WHFB models).

I recommend bionics for any model that costs more than 6 times the cost of bionics in order to get your points back for them.

I tried to do this, befor how to paint space marines, this is what I came up with:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/patch123/Iron%20Knights/IronKnight.jpg

And the vet sarge, dark pics, sorry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/patch123/Iron%20Knights/ResizeofIMGP0171.jpg

hope this helped...

Archived