Sold my old DIY

Mutt-Man!

My older chapters have run into a choice, sold them to other collaberatives that were also helping me build the chapters, and they decided they wanted the whole 1000 marines, deciding I have enough models on hand unpainted and unassembled after selling. Starting a new chapter that's just my own seems appropriate. Since I cant actually get rid of them since I have so much fun with them.

Either they will be aperfect vanilla list, or they will be DIY, will experiment.

Sun Noble Chapter.

Various info.

Born of the purest geneseed of the Ultramarines chapter successor. (Not sure whitch founding to use, help?)

If they are to be DIY they will have have:

have pride in your colours, flesh over steel and die standing. Explained later.

They favour bikes and devastators, perhaps be swift as the wind and have faith in your wargear traits for DIY?

Their boltguns will be laser equivilants, if they can carry a lascannon, and a hellgun lasgun variant can have the same AP as a boltgun, then they can make a boltgun equivilant. Same for heavy bolter. The suped up lasgun would be named Sungun, corney so shoot me, with a sungun. (Appropriatley defined from other laser-based weapons)

Their colours will be sunburst yellow, bad moon yellow, burnished gold and mithril silver.

Imperial Wings are mithril silver, so the light they shine reflects upon all before them from the imperial wings they bear with pride.

They will have their trim gold, because it is a shame to use such a bright proud metal as currency, a favourable find for any gold digger upon an ainchient battlefield.

Yellow as bright as I can make it all over, their symbol will be a pattern on their shoulderpad, not sure whitch to use.

Have a half'n'half yellow and gold with a mithril silver circle.

or...

Have a 'land of the rising sun' japponese pattern on their shoulderpads, gold and yellow expanding from a mithril silver circle.

Nobles have a hard time throwing aside their honour to sneak on their enemy, or strike them at the rear like cowards. They embody honourable tactics, and only permit the use of dishonorable tactics with an enemy that is more guile then headstrong.

An ork advisary will be treated with brute strength.

An eldar advisary will be treated mercilessly.

Tau advisaries will be treated with respect, no prisoners, no torture.

Chaos advisaries will be treated with no respect what so ever, nothing held back.

They relish the chance to aid their battle-brothers in combat, considering their noble name on the line if they should fail their brothers.

Each marine of the thousand governs a portion of their homeworld, governing all resources, trades and anything else that the land is rich of. A compliment of servants and Imperial Guard officers under his command. Regiment raised upon their homeworld split among the thousand marines governed, but not lead by. When a marine dies, and is replaced his land is govorned by the nearby land's marine, until the replacment is recruited. The responsibility to the marine would be to see that the civil nature and imperial word is as straight and bright as they themselves see it should be. This inspires a sense of nobility among the marines of the Sun Noble Chapter. Each generation regiment, consisting of no more then 10,000 guardsmen each charged to guarding their lands, and even dueling to their disputes in a holy war of faith. They raise their noble's banners watched carefully by the noble leaders. The iron hand of a marine to govorn is strict, and harsh. No straying from their law, and you will be cut down for even a simple crime such as bribery.

Each land produces their soldiers, weapons, raw material and resources all to the imperium, a number of 10,000 guardsmen allowed to stay, the rest are sent to other worlds to aid the imperium. A high number of psychics on a pure world with no history of genestealer or cultist corruption makes for feeding the emperor's immportal soul pure. Among the people honour and pride in your bloodline is key, and often people neglect the less fortunate.

If this idea pulls through and becomes more attractive when they're all painted, I might make up a force deddicated imperial guard lead by a nobles servant.

Not sure I like it, just doesn't feel fluffy to me. For one, I don't think a Marine would concern himself with trade or governance, save for the Chapter Master and his associates. How do they manage their land when they are off at war? I'd also avoid using the mithril silver. Silver is a lunar color, not solar. Use shiniing gold too, not just burnished.

As for your fluff, two things: Marines do not respect ANY xenos. They ELIMINATE them. No prisoners would ever be taken, and torture used only if it can be done quickly, i.e. before somone else can get a bolter shot off. If you insist on the laser based weaponry as well, how about calling them Sol blasters instead of sun guns. People will think you forgot the t in stun gun and expect your army to carry tasers abd cattle prods!

Thanks for your input, being a chaos player generally I tend to forget loyalist marines hold a strict code of battle practicies.

I'll rewrite everything, and get more in depth. This was just off the top of my head only a little while after I decided in going through with this.

In fact, I suppose I can start now, thename and overall fluff is being changed, will start the new thread shortly.

How about making the Chapter master and the captains govern the land instead of the whole chapter? I too am abit split about my oppinion on this chapter, like some parts of you fluff, while I dislike other parts. One of the parts that I like is your marines sight on honour, altough I think that it should be tweaked to fit the more standard marine philosopy :) . One part that I didn't fancy was/is their name "The Sun Noble Chapter", seems abit out of place to me, I would have fancied a name like "Sons/Knights of Pelor" more, altough that's just my taste ^_^ .

Archived