Yes, Another DIY Chapter

Nicili

Well heres my chapter so far...Angels of Thunor

++SUBJECT++ The Angels of Thunor

++AUTHOR++ (insufficient clearance)

++FOUNDING++ 21st , (Approx. M.36)

++GENESEED++ Tampered Dark Angel

++HOME SYSTEM++ Aesir, North Eastern area of the Ultima Segmentum, close to the Ghost Stars

++HOMEWORLD++ Thunor, Feral Tribal World

++CHAPTER MASTER++ Torsten Osric

++ORGANIZATION++ Almost exact to the codex, with one exception, the Hammers of Thunor is an elite group of Angels who can so powerfully charge themselves they can be quite dangerous to just be in the same room.

++TRAITS++ (insufficient clearance)

++CHAPTER SYMBOL++ Hammer of Lightning

++COLORS++ Black and White, Gold/Yellow Accents; (Names and religion based of the teutonics, and the teutonic knights were B+W, and Gold/Yellow to honor their 'gift')

++HISTORY++ In the late of the Twenty First founding, a chapter was created using the Dark Angel Gene-seed. The mutation, unknown of origin causes the Angels of Thunor to channel a electric charge throughout their body. Originally this was looked down upon by the Imperium, but they soon realized that this allowed the stronger of the mutations to not need certain power sources during battle. The Angels of Thunor started to train in more assault oriented This mutation has not drastically changed the marines, and are not to be cleansed. They have Pledged utmost allegiance to the God-Emperor, whom they call Alaric, and they soon were allowed to with stand as a chapter.

So what do you think so far...?

-Nic

I think it's a very odd mutation. However, the Imperium does have things called electoos. They were a thin layer of crystal implanted beneath the skin that could be used to store information. However, there were also the electro-priests, used by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Their skins are engraved with a metallic electoo circuit, a metal-based tattoo that spirals round their bodies like a magnetic coil. This complex circuit interfaces with their minds.... in battle they work themselves into a frenzy of destruction as the raw power courses through their bodies. Sparks fly from their eyes, flashes of power arc from hand to hand as crackling electricity engulfs them and turns them into living bolts of lightning

This sounds like something you could represent with the Death Company rules, perhaps.

Just an idea.

Thanks for the idea, ill definetly incorporate it into my army, but i doubt these marines will use the death company rules, since i am planning on taking a strict vanilla chapter, and the 'most mutated' will of course be equipped with thunder hammers; i do not have the newest codex, but i have been planning on my army so far.

I know it isnt the most tactical move, but i am equipping my commander with 2 Thunder hammers, expensive and maybe a bit unpractical, but it completely represents my army in their WIP Fluff...

Any other C&C?

-Nic

A pair of Thunder Hammers is plenty tactical. The commanders all get 3 attacks to begin with. A second thunder hammer makes this 4, and Termie Honors makes it 5. That means if you survive the opponent's attacks, you get 5 ST8 attacks at WS5, any non-vehicle that takes a hit and survives drops to I1, and any vehicle that gets hit and survives counts as crew shaken. Give him a nice big squad to meatshield for him, either assault with jumppacks or some tacticals or vets in a rhino, because as soon as your opponent sees you plunk down a big shiny armored guy with a pair of hammers, he'll be targeto numero uno. Then just charge him straight at whatever target you think is a priority kill and tear it up.

All seems pretty good so far. One of the few cursed chapters whos mutation actually makes sense ^_^

I know it isnt the most tactical move, but i am equipping my commander with 2 Thunder hammers,

Be cheaper to equip him with a thunder hammer & close combat weapon (which could look identical to a thunder hammer) and has no in-game change.

Ferrata

Actually Thunder Hammer is on the single-handed weapons list, so you can pick two. It's only the wargear that you can't pick twice.

And wouldn't the extra attack provided by the second close combat weapon be at the regular strength with no extra rules, so 3 Thunder Hammer attacks and one regular attack?

Archived