DIY Chapter questions

Bra'tac

im working on my own diy chapter, and wonderd if its nessecary that you use the chapter specific traits and drawbacks for a successor chapter?

so here is what im up to now,

as soon as i have made up my mind, i will start wrighting a background for them.

and i like inquisitors so probably they join one in his crusade hunting one specific Daemon.

++CHAPTER NAME++ Faith Bringers

++SYSTEM++ Help!

++PLANET++ Help!

++FOUNDING++ Help!

++GENESEED++ Iron Hands

++ Chapter Icon++ Book: The Book Of Faith ''bible''

++ Chapter Colours++ Hawk Turquase, White and black

++War Cry ++ Let Faith Guide You

Let Faith Be Your Guiding Light

May Faith Lighten Your Path

There Shall Be No Fear, Only Faith

one of these, duno which one

Edit: i noticed i made a flaw.. i wrote fate bringers in the topic ''title'' instead of Faith Bringers

im working on my own diy chapter, and wonderd if its nessecary that you use the chapter specific traits and drawbacks for a successor chapter?

Nope you can chose any traits you like or none. If you really want you can use a different codex ;)

System/Planet: Make up a name you like. Pick one of the segmentum from there.

Founding: How old do you want your chapter to be?

Really Old 3rd - 7th

Old 8th - 12th

Medium 14th - 20th

Young 22nd - 25th

Baby 26th

++ Chapter Icon++ Book: The Book Of Faith ''bible''

Drop the word Bible and you'll be fine ;)

I prefer "Faith is our Guide"

Ferrata

I think Ferratta hit on most of it, though I liked the "There will be no fear, only faith,' cry better. Just remeber when you choose which part of the galaxy their homeworld is in, it will reflect who many of their main opponents will be. For instance, being close to the eye of terror would mean a lot of combat with Chaos.

And now a question to get you thinking: Why have you chosen Iron Hands gene-seed? The Iron Hands don't seem the prime candidate for a religious chapter. After all, religion is the crutch of the masses, designed to quell doubts and make people docile enough to manipulate. What need do the sons of Ferrus Manus have for religion? The only strength they require is the purity of metal... :lol:

On a more serious note, it would be interesting how a chapter that seems rather concerned about faith formed from the Iron Hands. More fluff is always good. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, i hate things that make you rethink your chosen path,

basically i chose the iron hands geneseed because their traits, Scions of mars, and head the wisdom.

i like dreads, Tech and Lots and Lots of Termies. and only a army based on techmarines could maintain them. though i have a special place in the army for a chaplain and a librarian :rolleyes:

and i havend read al the astartes books, so i dont know al the back grounds.

which chapter is the most religious?

and spoken of rethinking chosen paths,

i think they just moved to ARX closer to the Eye, and the daemons they most likely hate.

The traits in the codex can be applied to any geneseed... Just because the Iron Hands have the same traits as you want doesn't mean that your chapter has to have the same geneseed as them.

Of course if your chapter worships the Machine God as an aspect of the Emperor, then Iron Hands seed might be just fine... (but then again, it could be considered radical for a space marine to acctually worship the emperor as a god...)

Well, this is a DIY chapter so what other chapters are like shouldn't influense you (too much). The most religous chapter was the Word Bearers, but using their geneseed is not a good idea...

I say, try and think of what makes your chapter unique, what they belive in, how they think, and worry about the geneseed later (as this usually isn't what makes or brakes your chapter).

Hope this helps... Keep up the good work... :rolleyes:

It's entirely possible to have say an Ultramarine successor that interred many revered heroes in Dreadnoughts - and subsequently trained a lot of techmarines to care for them.

When you think of religion, it's important to clarify what you mean. A chapter can be intensely faithful to its' chosen creed without being religious. The main religion in the Imperium is run by the Ecclesiarchy. 98% of marine chapters are heretics according to Ecclesiarchal doctrine. :rolleyes:

My Castigators are religious zealots and came from the Ultramarines seed. It's entirely up to you.

their faith lies in the very fact that they believe that humanity in its 'pure'' form stands above all, and especially space marines, they believe they are ment to be the ruling race, they think of them selfs to be godlike ''h

Well, that actually rather heavily links into the idea of monodomination - that humans are meant to rule the galaxy and that all others must be exterminated. Something which most Space Marines should believe ;)

If you can find any reference material on the Inquisitor game, look up Monodomination. You might be able to read a bit of it in my Castigators' IA article.

Archived