The Sons Of Veritas

Calacorm

Ok..

I never submitted anything like this before. So i will be open to ideas and comments. Over the last couple of days i have tried to create a DIY based on some really good advice in some your wonderful posts. Just be advised, i am very ignorant on the timelines of 40K. Never really followed it before. So my dates and timing may need some serious tunning. I have used information on star systems, planets based on the rule books and the EOT codex. Limited in most other regards. But i am trying to make it as linear with 40K as i can.

Anyways. I have more ideas planned, characters, short stories, but i want to get this part of building my chapter done first before i fill in the details. Let me know what you think...

Enjoy....

Chapter Name: Sons Of Veritas.

System: Some where in the Eye of Terror. Possibly near the Rubicon Straits.

Planet: Unknown. More likely Strike craft based.

Founding: ++ Unknown++ Could be 25th or more.

Gene Seed: ++ Unknown++ Possibly one of the 20 Praeses Chapters.

Chapter Markings: Black power armor with flames either on the shoulders and/or legs

Current Chapter Master: Leviticus Kursk

Recent information:

The Sons of Veritas, started to make their first appearances just prior to the 13th crusade of the Despoiler. During this time, reports of an unknown Space Marine chapter were being reported by fleeing refuge

I doubt a chapter would actually be inside the Eye of Terror. It's entirely possible to have a chapter that sits on the edges of the Eye of Terror; they would almost definately be one of the Astartes Praeses chapters. The Praeses don't have a specific founding, so the twenty-fifth is entirely possible. However, you make reference to them being an 'unknown' chapter so I don't know if they would be officially part of the Praeses. I think the Praeses were created specifically for their duties, so there would be records of them.

A fleet-based chapter would be interesting, but very vulnerable. I presume that they would try to intercept chaos craft leaving the EOT and board them?

The idea that they expecute those initiates that develop psychic powers is certainly an interesting - and practical - one.

I think your chapter is interesting and with a bit of work could have a very cool character. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

Be warned now.. My grammer sucks.. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Master Commander Kursk was observing the new initiates standing before him. Each of these fine warriors eager to serve the emperor. Standing in single rank, these giants of men stood awaiting their final inspection before finally earning the right to bare the most sacred power armor of faith. Each suit tailored fit for the specific needs of each warrior for the chapter.

Slowly, cautiously and deliberately Master Commander Kursk studied the faces of each of the initiates. The huge hulking figure of Kursk even made the size of his own troops seem small. Kursk was a giant among giants. His power armor, emblazed with the flames of the emperors truth shun brightly under the lights in the Holy Hall of the Veritas as he inspected each of them while walking past. Behind Kursk, walked the Chapter Chaplin. Chaplin Armiger whose task it is to test and evaluate the initiates over the course of their training. As the Kursk walked past each of the initiates, he stopped, studied and nodded. At which point Chaplin Armiger would utter

The Sons of Veritas are an isolated loyalist group of space marines which have been charged with guarding the fringe of the EOT. This chapter, although loyal, very little is known about this small chapter which has been growing over the last few 1000 years.

During the 13th crusade, much more info has come to the attention of the Liber Astartes. Such as some of the chapter history, markings, force organization. From initial reports. The Sons of Veritas have been known to be fierce warriors when confronting the forces of chaos. Some preliminary reports a vile treachery inside the higher ranking officials in the earlier years of the chapter. Rumors report that the Sons of Veritas will execute on site anyone who shows the slightest signs of psychic manifestation, even members of their own force. This could explain the reasoning why there have been no known sightings of librarians during engagements. Surely, this must relate to the extreme hatred that they show towards any Chaos incursion.

It appears that they do not have any planet used for a home base. The Sons of Veritas are purely a Star fleet Based chapter. With this being said, they do have some small garrisons on several small planets around the outer fringe of the EOT. This must be how they induct newer troops to their cause. More will come as information is gathered.

At first site of these Marines, one would be guessing their allegiance. Their markings and armor patterns are those similar to the Legion of the Damned, while the patterns of the armor seem to be very dark and baroque. This may be done for the purpose to help confuse their main quarry. The regular troops have what appears to be standard style of power armor, black with Patterns of flames on either the legs, shoulders or both. While the elites units such as the veterans have the same coloring scheme. But have considerably more modifications to their armor. Such as extra banding, spikes and skulls etc. This is most likely done as a badge of honor as the warriors in this armor tend to be even more vicious and well trained in the arts of combat then their regular brothers.

We have also noticed a higher ratios of assault weapons in their numbers. Such as Flamers and Plasma rifles. While they do have the use of devastators squads. There is not as many of these heavy weapons used in their regular tactical squads. Also, seeing that they are a fleet based unit could explain why they do not use many heavy tanks in their army. The Sons of Veritas, seem to patrol the fringe and make well planned planet fall attacks or boarding actions against their enemies. Setting up pockets of resistance, they land at an area and saturate all targets with rapid fire weapons in attempt to push back any local force. When dealing with heavy numbers of hand to hand troops, they tend to land and take up positions and force the enemy to approach them while pouring bolter fire into them as they are advanced upon. And when finally assaulted, they tend to counter attack with such force that the attackers are usually repelled.

The Sons of Veritas, seem to have developed a very fast and mobile force for responding to trouble areas around the warp. They will be a very important assest in the years to come.

Archived